Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Wpg & Cbs: Goodbye Machacek, Hello Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
When did he start mailing it in CanadienJet? he looked great with the Jets in his brief stint last year?

From what I've heard he expected to be on the Jets this year and hasn't responded well to being in the A. Apparently he's been lacking fire all season.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
According to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch:
Portzline-tweet.jpg

More on trade.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
From what I've heard he expected to be on the Jets this year and hasn't responded well to being in the A. Apparently he's been lacking fire all season.

Nailed it.

Guy has been a disappointment the whole season(as have many down here).

Good to see TNSE get rid of these guys.

P.S. Gagnon next?pretty please.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Yet another stupid, stupid move by Cheveldayoff. Machacek has been fantastic every single time he has been called up to the NHL. Kubalik is trash, and not even good enough to make the worst team in the league.

Chevy needs to be fired this summer. Every time he makes a move of any kind, it's a stupid move.

This has to be trolling? Either way, this is my favorite post of the year.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Gagnon's on the last year of his 2 year contract. Mace is an RFA, however. I have a feeling he'll get qualified.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He has had more then enough of a chance here.

You make your own breaks sometimes.

Also being a sucky baby doesnt help

Yeah, if only he had played well when he was up with the Jets... But yeah, I guess he didn't make the most of the chance he had in the majors.

Good luck to him in CBJ, hope both of the players does well in their new teams.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
A vendetta Is that what they call it when a player isn't talented enough to make the team?

I guess Macho is in tough. All 30 teams seem to have the same vendetta against his as not a single team wanted him on their active roster and put in a waiver claim.

This is an AHL trade and a change of scenery for a couple AHL players. This is much the same as the Ben Maxwell and Max Mace deals least year. In this case, the Jets got the younger, more upside player. That is a win IMO.

Agree.

I liked Machacek last season but he appeared to have felt he had earned his big ticket and was no longer willing to put in the work. Even those who watch him regularly were highly disappointed with his work ethic. As Gump said, we dealt a loafing minor leaguer (at this point) for anothe warm body with size and hopefully the work ethic to go with it.

The organization was clearly not happy with him. Best of luck to him in Columbus.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
We traded away a player who did not live up to expectations for another - simply put, not a blockbuster trade here.

hope both guys can play better for their new parent clubs. Good luck Mach - you're probably better off in a new organization (you kinda got shafted here anyways; or you could have taken the Kulda route to the KHL)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Agree.

I liked Machacek last season but he appeared to have felt he had earned his big ticket and was no longer willing to put in the work. Even those who watch him regularly were highly disappointed with his work ethic. As Gump said, we dealt a loafing minor leaguer (at this point) for anothe warm body with size and hopefully the work ethic to go with it.

The organization was clearly not happy with him. Best of luck to him in Columbus.

Yup. The last thing you want in a player is the "I've made the big leagues, I can stop working now" attitude. Don't need that around here.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yup. The last thing you want in a player is the "I've made the big leagues, I can stop working now" attitude. Don't need that around here.

Agreed. LA needs to trade Stanley Cup Champion's Slava Voynov and Dwight King for the exact same thing. Can't have anything close that poisoning the team.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Yeah, if only he had played well when he was up with the Jets... But yeah, I guess he didn't make the most of the chance he had in the majors.

Good luck to him in CBJ, hope both of the players does well in their new teams.

I actually thought that he played well with the Jets last season

jetkarma*

As one veteran hockey guy used to always say about trades like this ... Shyte for Crap .

Not to say they never produce a player , but both players wanted out , good on the organizations for accommodating that wish.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Interesting that the reaction on the Columbus board is almost identical to ours. Several people feeling Kubalik was never given a proper chance with the organization, and several others feeling this was a good deal from a change of scenery standpoint.

My guess is that neither player will ever make any kind of meaningful impact in the NHL.

fergiesbeak

Aug 26, 2008
The Peg
both guys getting a fresh look with another team. good trade.no blockbuster for sure.the jets weren't just talking when they said they wanted to get bigger.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Agreed. LA needs to trade Stanley Cup Champion's Slava Voynov and Dwight King for the exact same thing. Can't have anything close that poisoning the team.

That comparison is beyond ridiculous.

I really don't understand your man crush on Macho.

30 teams agree that he isn't a useful NHLer at 24 years old and the odds are he never will be.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
The thinking in Columbus seems to be that Machacek was acquired to help Springfield in their push for the playoffs. Unlikely to find his way onto the NHL roster unless there's a string of injuries.

Duir

Fire him because he's the worst GM in the NHL. This is just another idiotic move in a long line of them from one of the worst GM's I've ever watched.

Bring back Don Waddell.

This made me laugh! I don't know if you are joking or serious but this was funny!:D

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
The thinking in Columbus seems to be that Machacek was acquired to help Springfield in their push for the playoffs. Unlikely to find his way onto the NHL roster unless there's a string of injuries.

There's probably a bit of pride there as no one wants to admit that another team's AHLer could play on their NHL team.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nailed it.

Guy has been a disappointment the whole season(as have many down here).

Good to see TNSE get rid of these guys.

P.S. Gagnon next?pretty please.

So this started before the NHL lockout was settled and training camp began?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad