Confirmed with Link: Trade with the Washington Capitals, Beck Malenstyn for 2nd round (#43)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The same people that utter the phrases "if you need to overpay to get your target, then do it" or "it's much easier to flip skill for toughness", are probably the same ones complaining.

Given how much less I watched of the league and the prospects this year, I trust @Chainshot's eval. So I'll sit back and see how he fits in the roster construction this year.

He can't be the only one, but I'm fine with this. More please but it's a solid start IMO.

Reactions: Fezzy126

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Discussing the trade and our opinions is not "losing our minds". Its the entire purpose of these boards.

Page 1 has someone saying "15 year drought here we come." Adams didn't trade Power for him, he traded a 2nd round lotto ticket to get a proven commodity to fill a hole.

Honestly I think too many people who post on this board are also football fans and don't understand the difference between the NFL and NHL drafts

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
This kid is terrible defensively. So he tosses his body around. This in a microcosm is my problem with Kevyn Adams, he's attracted to hard players in the bottom six. He has no f***ING balls to pay the price to get an impact player.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This is an RFA who could be signed a few years at a lower cost than UFA.

Mangio might have asked not to go to buffalo
He might have, the only way I have peace is Adams saying we tried on Mangiapane and he wouldn't waive for us.

That's it. If he at least gave some effort into selling Mangiapane on the Sabres and he still said no, I could live with it.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Page 1 has someone saying "15 year drought here we come." Adams didn't trade Power for him, he traded a 2nd round lotto ticket to get a proven commodity to fill a hole.

Honestly I think too many people who post on this board are also football fans and don't understand the difference between the NFL and NHL drafts

You can find his stat package for 750K on day 18 of UFA.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Uhhh, that's not remotely whats going on in the main board thread: Confirmed Trade: - [BUF/WSH] Beck Malenstyn for 2024 2nd round pick (43OA)

I’m not quoting the posts that I’m referring to, if you can’t see them than you being disingenuous. People can ciritisize the cost all they want in that thread, but there are plenty of people praising the player.

What do you want me to tell you. If he’s a good fourth liner with size/speed that hits and PKs, I don’t care about the 2nd rounder. You might, that’s fair. If someone is good NHL that fills a hole and helps us win, I do not care about a futures asset.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
If he fills a need and helps Buffalo win games, I’m all for it.

I don’t look at it like giving up a 2nd. I look at it more like Buffalo moved down 3 spots in the 1st and up 1 spot in the 2nd to acquire a bottom 6 player they felt would help them.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
when people are justifying the trade, you know its a bad trade
I mean you aren't completely wrong, I'm learning this more and more when everyone just assumes they had us on their NTC and would hang up the phone instantly when Adams tried to use his sales pitch to get them to waive.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
They also wanted to upgrade the bottom 6. Those aren’t going to be blockbuster trades, even if they're overpayments.
I want to upgrade the bottom 6 too, I'm fine in a vacuum with adding this guy. But chiding people for "asking for overpayments and then getting mad at one" is really missing the mark

Like i said in the quoted post, people want Kevyn to seal the deal on an impact addition by adding to his side of the scale and making the trade unbalanced, this has nothing to do with allowing Washington to basically upgrade this guy to Mangiapane for free

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
You can find his stat package for 750K on day 18 of UFA.

And yesterday I read complaints that next season is already a loss because reasons and that almost all transactions will be done in 2 weeks. They have a guy they like and targeted him. Maybe they could have gotten him for a 3rd. Maybe the team at 50 offered that pick and forced the price higher. His skill set fills a lot of holes that people here moan about every shift during the season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This kid is terrible defensively. So he tosses his body around. This in a microcosm is my problem with Kevyn Adams, he's attracted to hard players in the bottom six. He has no f***ING balls to pay the price to get an impact player.

No, he's not terrible defensively. If he was terrible defensively, he wouldn't be getting outshot 3-2 with 90% d-zone starts. He wouldn't be getting 90% d-zone starts.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
So if we offer that #43 for jeannot is it a problem? Because Beck was a better player last year compared to Jeannot

And they dropped down in the draft, but still got a guy they had in their top 10.

Fans can’t have it both ways. Either we move picks and prospects at a slight devaluation to make the damn playoffs or we don’t. They got a solid 4th line guy who maybe can be a third liner. To me, that’s worth giving up the pick that can maybe make this team in 3 years
Yes, I would feel the same way if we made that play. For me, the value is probably around a 5th rounder at most, seeing as Beck is replacing Robinson’s spot on the team and we gave up a conditional 7th rounder in 2025.

For me, this sort of trade and value shines a light on Kevin’s mindset currently. It’s not a good thing.

And there goes Jeannot.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Ya and we have up a 2nd for someone who no one had heard of.
I’m guessing the majority of posters ranting about this trade don’t even know who the players is, let alone what his game is like.

Better grit guy? No one has even heard of him. He’s 26 and played one year in the NHL.
The over reactions here are comical. We added one of the better grit guys in the league who has the size and speed we need

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00