Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Didn't want to start a new thread, but anyone know where Larry Brooks went? Last tweet was January 18, and he has not been writing Rangers stories for the Post as far as I can tell. Hope everything is okay for LB.

Sam & Joe mentioned last game he had been ill and was recuperating at home and feeling better, wishing him well on the broadcast. Did not divulge what sickness or ailment he had, but it sounded a bit like a serious bout with the flu. Had that myself for almost a month, totally draining. Hope that it was only that though, waiting to see some classic Torts/Brooks pressers...

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
1 little - 2 little 3 little Indians ...10 little Indians

[table="head;width=5000] Name|Pos |Age|Height|Weight|NHL GP|G|A|P|PIM|Last year GP|G|A|P|PIM
Fabian Brunnstrom |LW| 27| 6 ft 1 in| 203 lb| 104| 19| 22 |41| 22| 5| 0| 1| 1 |4
Dominic Moore| C |32 |6 ft 0 in |188 lb |574 |74| 127| 201| 380| 82| 4 |21 |25 |54
Marco Sturm |LW/RW |34 | 6 ft 0 in |194 lb |1.006| 251| 258 |499| 476| 49| 3 |2| 5 |27
Radek Dvořák |RW| 35 |6 ft 2 in| 200 lb| 1.220| 221 |363 |584| 410 | 73 |4 |17 |21 |12
Daymond Langkow |C |36 |5 ft 10 in| 183 lb | 1.165 |285| 431| 716| 590 |89| 12 |25 |37 |18
Brendan Morrison| C |37 |5 ft 11 in| 176 lb| 995| 209| 422| 631| 492| 42| 5 |7 |12 |6
Brian Rolston |LW | 39 |6 ft 2 in| 214 lb |1.333 |362| 433| 795| 510| 28| 4| 14| 18| 8
Andrew Brunette |LW |39| 6 ft 1 in| 212 lb |1.159| 285| 483| 758| 328| 84| 13| 15| 28 |6
Jason Blake |LW |39 |5 ft 10 in |186 lb |901| 219| 268| 497| 474| 45| 7 |5| 12 |6
[/table]

After the Arnott scare - I put together a little list of what the beat writers have been mentioning as players left unsigned on the market that might interest Glen Sather. Slim pickings - not my choices, done by age btw. Just to give a small picture. All these guys will not be back. Elaborate :)

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I still think Moore and Dvorak make the most sense as far as guys who can fill a role in the bottom-6 and take away some PK time from players like Nash, Callahan and Stepan who play a lot of minutes elsewhere.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm gona throw a name out there and its not just because I went to college with him. I have advocated us going after him before, and we were rumored to sign him when he was a college free agent. Can play center and is way ahead of any center we have in CT:

Stephane Da Costa. He has good hands and skills. His game is improving. Looks like he sustained an injury earlier this year. But he has 23 points in 29 GP. Ottawa has no room for him on the NHL club and he has slid down their depth chart because of players like Silfverberg (not sure if i got that right) and Zibanjed (not sure on that spelling either)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm gona throw a name out there and its not just because I went to college with him. I have advocated us going after him before, and we were rumored to sign him when he was a college free agent. Can play center and is way ahead of any center we have in CT:

Stephane Da Costa. He has good hands and skills. His game is improving. Looks like he sustained an injury earlier this year. But he has 23 points in 29 GP. Ottawa has no room for him on the NHL club and he has slid down their depth chart because of players like Silfverberg (not sure if i got that right) and Zibanjed (not sure on that spelling either)

If we are going to do that, has anyone seen Nick Petrecki play? I was a fan of his in his draft year. Big, tough, stay-at-home, mean defenseman. Maybe the Sharks would be okay with moving him? He would look good if he developed well on the 3rd pairing. Better than Bickel for sure....

Punxrocknyc19*

If we are going to do that, has anyone seen Nick Petrecki play? I was a fan of his in his draft year. Big, tough, stay-at-home, mean defenseman. Maybe the Sharks would be okay with moving him? He would look good if he developed well on the 3rd pairing. Better than Bickel for sure....

i like that kid Irwin who is making his NHL debut with Sharks this year as an undrafted UFA.. i can see them moving Petrecki who i wouldnt mind getting or another dman with Irwin playing well as he as....

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

That would make 4 BC guys on the roster. I have no idea how he has been playing of late, but it's got to be a bit of a red flag that he still hasn't cracked the Sharks lineup. In college he was a real lose cannon, took some dumb penalties. Good skater for a hulking dman though, better than Bickel in that regard for sure.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers don't have their first. They have their 2nd and 3rd. They also have FLA's 3rd(Wolski) and NASH 3rd(Traded 3rd in 12). If they fail to make the Cup final in June,they get the Columbus 3rd. They have their 4th. Traded their 5th to NASH to take Spelling. They have their 6th. Traded their 7th to MIN in the Chrusher-Wellman trade. They swapped Wellman to FLA for a 5th in 14. 7th in 13 for a 5th in 14. Those are the picks in the next draft. How many of the 3's will Slats and Gorton look to trade?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
So many teams need D. Pitt needs D. Orpik with Martin. Two lefties. Letang with Niskanen. Two righties. Depres with Engelland. Lovejoy replaced Depres on Sunday in Ottawa. Niskanen got hurt in Ottawa game. Not a very good D corps. They have an army of prospects on D but they aren't ready. Where are all of these teams going to find D?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Trade Gilroy for Silfverberg. Gomez magic 2.0
Shod put sarcasm in. Did.

Anyway, bottom 6 who isn't just a goon would be nice. And a Bickel replacement.

SupersonicMonkey*

Moore would be my first choice. But, not expecting him to play.

Dvorak, maybe.

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Brunnstrom, he would probably come really cheap.

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers scouting Joël Vermin (Swiss F playing in NLA)

http://snyrangersblog.com/joel-vermin/buzz-rangers-scouting-swiss-scorer/

I hope he isn't another Zuccarello. Anyone know anything about him.. UFA???

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
...and now they are both, Vermin and Hofmann, on the roster...very well deserved.

Vermin, it's a pleasure how smart he plays, calm , soft hands, and makes nice plays all the time. Drafted or not, except from heavy injuries I can't see anything that should hinder him from having an NHL-Career.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=58522103&postcount=158

4. Joël Vermin, RW, SC Bern (NLA)
5'11 – 185lbs, Shoots: L
DoB: 05-02-1992

At the 2012 under-20 World Junior Championship Joël Vermin led the Swiss National Team in Scoring and helped them avoid relegation. The slick forward started red-hot into the season and was among the team leaders in goals-scored until WJC. Despite his good stats, the WJC-tournament didn't go as planned as the team collapsed in the decisive game against Slovakia and it seemed that Vermin didn't recover from that trauma, as he had problems to find his form from the early season again. Vermin has to work on his consistency and keep struggles away from him to become a prolific scorer.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...10-draft-eligible-prospects-from-switzerland/

Talent Analysis

ISS in April 2010: "Vermin might have actually been a player who really benefited from his lack of exposure. He's put up great numbers in national team events, and had the opportunity to truly strut his stuff in Belarus, but failed to really impress. Still a valuable asset to his Swiss team, Vermin has a good skill set but failed to blow scouts away. This will likely see him drop to the late rounds and possibly even out of the draft. A good shooter, Vermin isn't able to create the necessary space on his own against the bigger more physical teams, and that above anything else concerns NHL clubs."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/joel_vermin/

That's HF's take on him. 12 goals, 20 assists in 41 NLA games this year. Smallish, inconsistent, undiscovered guy from second-tier hockey country. Sounds like Spelling. IDK, is he really worth an ELC?

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
http://snyrangersblog.com/joel-vermin/buzz-rangers-scouting-swiss-scorer/

I hope he isn't another Zuccarello. Anyone know anything about him.. UFA???

Joel Vermin:

Will be 21 on 2/5. Listed at 5'11" 196lbs. Wing/Center. Playing for Bern. A free agent who can be signed to an ELC.

12 goals and 20 assists in 41 games this season.

Translated from Swedish on EliteProspects.com

Good technique and puck control. Also has a good shot. Lacks strength and physical game. Hard against bigger and stronger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad