Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Part VIII: Trades for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
A lot of the recent trade proposals I've seen are shockingly bad, but that's what happens when you know your GM is allergic to a necessary rebuild.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Okay, would do Brassard, Girardi, 2nd for E. Kane? Just out of curiosity...

As I said earlier in the thread, I don't want Kane, I just think he'll be massivly overpaid for, and if what you proposed is what it takes, I don't want any part.
I mentioned this to you, but just want to get this out here haha:

I'd do Brass + 2nd + MDZ.

Or if it must be your original proposal, I'd want a solid D piece coming from the Jets.

With Staal out, is why I'd keep Girardi. Yes Girardi is "prone" to injury with his style of play, but he's not actually injured. Staal has not had a healthy season in forever. And as "bad" as Girardi has been this year, I think he's better than not having a Girardi and having McI/MDZ or Falk move up the D ranks. (At this point in time.)

Also there is no realistic way Girardi is dealt before MDZ haha.

p.s. damn, now the word "Girardi" looks weird hahah

Punxrocknyc19*

Okay, who would do Brassard, Girardi, 2nd for E. Kane? Just out of curiosity...

i would.. if that all it took..

Girardi is UFA, so id resign him and trade id get a dman back like Mark Stuart.

id do Brassard Girardi Boyle 2ed for Kane and Stuart.. call up Miller and let him play at center..

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
i would.. if that all it took..

Girardi is UFA, so id resign him and trade id get a dman back like Mark Stuart.

id do Brassard Girardi Boyle 2ed for Kane and Stuart.. call up Miller and let him play at center..

Great! And then we can draft a C with our top5 pick (Leon Draisaitl). Use Richards, Stepan, Lindberg and Moore this season and have this C core next season after we buy out Richards:

Stepan
Draisaitl
Lindberg
Moore

Our offensive lines would look something like this:

Kane - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Draisaitl - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Lindberg - Callahan
Fast - Moore - Dorsett

Punxrocknyc19*

Great! And then we can draft a C with our top5 pick (Leon Draisaitl). Use Richards, Stepan, Lindberg and Moore this season and have this C core next season after we buy out Richards:

Stepan
Draisaitl
Lindberg
Moore

where is Miller??? Miller is playing center. I doubt Dom Moore is back next year..

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Embrace the suck, losing horribly is honestly the best thing that can happen for this team the next few weeks.

Also BB, I'd do that deal for Kane. His contract will be cake with the cap going up.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Yup.

Miller hypothetically would be the 3rd line center, and Lindberg the 4th. I think Lindberg has the potential to be an elite 4th line centerman, but not sure his upside is much more than that.

Lindberg definitely has the potential to be a solid 3C. The tools are there. Whether or not he puts it all together at the NHL level is the question. Worst case scenario, he's a very good 4C, IMO. He reminds me of Dom Moore, in a good way.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I think I would sooner have Andrew Ladd versus Kane . Big Center who was PPG player last season with a super contract for a couple of more seasons . I doubt Jets would ever trade him though .

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think I would sooner have Andrew Ladd versus Kane . Big Center who was PPG player last season with a super contract for a couple of more seasons . I doubt Jets would ever trade him though .

Ladd is a LW.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
This is from Eklund, so take it with a grain of salt, but interesting nonetheless...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...ets-Bruins-Canucks-Flames-Kings-Isles/1/56410

If one or the other happens, we wont get the other, if that makes sense. No way we pull off getting both of them with the parts we have to offer. Im leaning towards wanting Byufglien, if Im honest. Big body, huge shot, versatile. Something about Kane that makes me feel like he's never going to realize his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad