Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread V: Kane you believe it? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
If we're comparing Myers vs. Bogosian...two players who have a lot of potential but have hit somewhat of a wall, I much prefer the prospects of Myers finding his game in Winnipeg than the other way around.

Bogo is from New York though and that's something to consider on the change of scenery angle. I'm not sure of him myself but the coming "home" factor could add some motivation for sure.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I don't know but you must assume Bergevin pulled out of this deal the moment Kane went down for the season. He probably told the Jets well talk at the draft if Kane is still there. You would have to think Eller + prospect + high pick

No point for us, we need help now.

Buffalo, they don't care about this year.

That's likely, there's no point for the Habs to trade for an injured Kane, while Buffalo has all the reasons in the world to do so.

I think Eller + Prospect + 1st would've been fair value, but I'm more than happy it did not happen. Glad Kane isn't coming in Montréal.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I also think Buffalo won.

Myers = Really overrated and his cap hit is a problem.
Stafford = who cares? been on the block for years.
Armia = Totally outscored by others Sabres prospects in the AHL
Lemieux = decent piece but he's most likely a 4th line sparkplug
Late 1st = They already have their 1st and another late 1st(STL or NYL)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He hasn't reached his potential, but outside of Myers' breakout year a few seasons ago, he hasn't been anything special either

Agreed on Myers, I just like his potential to find his game in a new environment way more than Bogosian.

But that's just me, i'm not a big Bogosian fan at all, so perhaps my view on this trade is somewhat skewed

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

I know nothing of Armia and Lemieux but can we have a more honest projection of 'em, please?
Who are their equivalents on the Habs?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

I see it as: top 3D with a unique skillset. He will be insulated by Enstrom and Trouba.
Stafford (with salary retained): good pick up for their top 9 and let's Big Buff go back on D.
Armia: former 1st rounder who's still pretty young who's having a nice comeback year in the AHL. Could be a top 6 fwd.
Lemieux: solid third liner in the future. Putting up a great year in the OHL.
Late 1st: always good to have and the Jets have some good scouts.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
wow... sucks for us.

Sabres add two pieces that will make them that much harder to play agains, that much sooner. Didn't even give up any of their prized young assets/picks in the process... nicely done.

also sucks that Bogo moves. The pool of RHD that would be a fit for our top-4 needs moving forward AND potentially available just got smaller. He was likely the best candidate in terms of fit/availability/price.

wonder if this influences MB's conversations with Wash on M.Green. He is UFA-to-be, so could wait for summer and make a pitch, but bringing him in for the playoff run would help both our iimmediate needs and give him a taste of playoff time in montreal (which could help make signing him a bit easier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad