Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread V: Kane you believe it? Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Edit. someone beat me to the punch...

Pretty big trade. will this get the ball rolling for other teams?

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Those two prospects were 1st and 2nd round picks.

So for Kane they're trading 2 1sts, a 2nd, plus Stafford. That's more than Kessel was traded for!

Stafford isn't worth much, Lemieux is a 3rd liner at best, the 1st will be 25ish and Armia is a solid mid-1st prospect. Not really like the Kessel deal, where Boston got top 5 and a top 10 pick.

Plus there is something else apparently coming from the Jets.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
The trade is good for both teams.

WPG gets help now for their run + more.
BUF wants to tank to get McDavid and then next season they have Kane + McDavid together. AND they still have another first round pick.

Great trade.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Seriously doubt Buffalo trades Myers for Kane. One is injured and is reportedly immature while the other is quietly having a great season. More needs to come back to Buffalo IMO. Also, the cost would be too high but I'd be thrilled to have Tyler on this defense.

EDIT : Just saw the trade, wow!

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Seriously doubt Buffalo trades Myers for Kane. One is injured and is reportedly immature while the other is quietly having a great season. More needs to come back to Buffalo IMO. Also, the cost would be too high but I'd be thrilled to have Tyler on this defense.

It's done already.

Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux and first for Bogosian, Kane and Kasdorf

Michelangelo

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Can't match that offer from the Habs, wouldve love Kane in MTL.....now BUFF are gonna be a real pain in the ass in 2 years.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

EDIT : Just saw the trade, wow!

They got Bogosian back in the deal as well, Buffalo get's 2 of the 3 best players in the deal and they're signed long term. I think it sucks for us cause the Sabres just got better going forward.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
So, the equivalent price for Kane from Montreal would have been something like:

Scherbak, De la Rose, 1st 2015, Parenteau

(Armia, Lemieux, Low 1st, Stafford)

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
So, the equivalent price for Kane from Montreal would have been something like:

Scherbak, De la Rose, 1st 2015, Parenteau

(Armia, Lemieux, Low 1st, Stafford)

Wouldn't have done this though, even if it meant getting rid of PAP. I am usually a little too optimistic towards our prospects, so I might be dead wrong...

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Just throwing this out there, the guy we want long-term will not be acquired at the deadline. To me I would target a guy who can bounce up and down the lineup and cost limited assets. 2 guys I have my eye on are Chris Stewart and Mike Santorelli. Both bring different elements but could both slot up and down the lineup.

I'd like to see:

To TOR: 3rd round pick and Christian Thomas
To MTL: Mike Santorelli

To PHO: 3rd round pick in 2016 and 4th round pick this year
To MTL: Zbynek Michalek

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Parenteau
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Sekac - Eller - Santorelli
Prust - De La Rose - Weise

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Michalek
Emelin - Gonchar

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
They got Bogosian back in the deal as well, Buffalo get's 2 of the 3 best players in the deal and they're signed long term. I think it sucks for us cause the Sabres just got better going forward.

We couldn't beat the Sabres in 3 tries this year when they weren't good, I don't see how this changes anything :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad