Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Well, I mean, why spend 67-68 million and finish second last when you can spend much less than that and have the same results in the standings? It does make some sense.

Sure, makes perfect sense to me. But there are still people here that think we're keeping Karlsson. Why keep the guy if your plan is to get to the cap floor and let it ride?

Some people still aren't even on board with bundling Ryan and Karlsson. This place is going to melt down when the deal happens.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
EK - 12
Duchene - 8
Stone - 8
Ryan - 7.5

As a capfloor team you have 20 million for
9F
5D
2G

Have fun with that

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
EK - 12
Duchene - 8
Stone - 8
Ryan - 7.5

As a capfloor team you have 20 million for
9F
5D
2G

Have fun with that
Wait. Hang on. You mean to tell me that if we weren't a cap floor team, some of our issues would be solved?

absolutely mind-bending. Wow. Why didn't anyone ever bring this up in discussion before?!

Reactions: NB613

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wait. Hang on. You mean to tell me that if we weren't a cap floor team, some of our issues would be solved?

absolutely mind-bending. Wow. Why didn't anyone ever bring this up in discussion before?!

If time is a flat circle, then this is the flattest, roundest circle that ever timed. :laugh:

Schopenhauer would be proud of HFSens over the past half decade.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

If this is true... whoever buys seasons to the games next year is stupid.

Im serious, if any of you buy Sens games tickets next year you are part of the problem.

We were a goal away from the finals and now he's blowing it all up because he doesn't think we are good enough even though we have a top 3 player in the league and wasting his prime years.

The only justifying reason to buy Sens tickets is if Karlsson is still a Senator next year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Would JP Pageau be someone that Ottawa moves on from?

My dude, we are going need SOMEONE to play next year. We're already hemorrhaging assets as is.

I know it seems like we're a tire-fire at the moment, and you'd be 95% right in that assumption, but trying to pick the last good meat off of our desiccated, sun-baked roadkill carcass like a vulture probably isn't going to be met with a whole lot of enthusiastic conversation around here on our end.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Would JP Pageau be someone that Ottawa moves on from? What would the cost be?
It's really hard to say, but if the rumours are true about slashing payroll hard, then I think he's a prime candidate to go since he's UFA at the end of his deal and it's slightly back loaded.

I'd say a mid to late first plus a usable body.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
If this is true... whoever buys seasons to the games next year is stupid.

Im serious, if any of you buy Sens games tickets next year you are part of the problem.

We were a goal away from the finals and now he's blowing it all up because he doesn't think we are good enough even though we have a top 3 player in the league and wasting his prime years.

The only justifying reason to buy Sens tickets is if Karlsson is still a Senator next year.

Why can't I like a post more than once?

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
My dude, we are going need SOMEONE to play next year. We're already hemorrhaging assets as is.

I know it seems like we're a tire-fire at the moment, and you'd be 95% right in that assumption, but trying to pick the last good meat off of our desiccated, sun-baked roadkill carcass like a vulture probably isn't going to be met with a whole lot of enthusiastic conversation around here on our end.
Pageau is very replaceable - White, Brown, Chalapik, Nick Paul all centers. We have a shit tonne of min. 3C but we have to see if someone can fill 2C

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Pageau is very replaceable - White, Brown, Chalapik, Nick Paul all centers. We have a **** tonne of min. 3C but we have to see if someone can fill 2C

Paul is never going to be anything more than a 4th liner, and I’m not even sure he’ll get to that point.

I wouldn’t move Pageau now because I’m not sure any of those other guys are ready to take over that role. Maybe one day, but not now.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad