Proposal: Trade Proposal - Wild/Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I like Rossi, but we'd definitely need the + to be a win now asset.

Also, is there a reason he isn't playing in Minnesota? I mean seems like a beauty of a young player, and centers are in big demand, did he just stall during training camp, or is playing better as a winger, or what?

Combination of a) he missed a bunch of D+1 time and b) due to circumstance, his ELC contract slides through the buyouts if he doesn’t play in the NHL this year.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Combination of a) he missed a bunch of D+1 time and b) due to circumstance, his ELC contract slides through the buyouts if he doesn’t play in the NHL this year.

That makes a lot more sense then. Well, here's hoping he lights up the minors.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
:laugh::laugh::laugh: If we have what it takes to get jack eichel, we definitely have what it takes to get EP....

If we are willing to trade such assets is a whole 'nother question.
Doesn’t matter if you would give up whatever you have. Canucks wouldn’t be interested in trading EP for it.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Pettersson + Luke Schenn + Pearson or Ferland
for

Dumba + Fiala + 1st or Rossi

I believe I fit it all under the cap for both teams. feels like an overpay for MIN however, if we are going at Vancouver asking im quite positive it will be required to overpay to get Pettersson.

Reactions: GuerinUp

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
If you don't have talent in a specific position and you haven't for a while, isn't it worth considering that you don't have the pieces?

we have the pieces, management wasnt willing to move those pieces for eichel. Largely im guessing because of the question mark with his health.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Pettersson + Luke Schenn + Pearson or Ferland
for

Dumba + Fiala + 1st or Rossi

I believe I fit it all under the cap for both teams. feels like an overpay for MIN however, if we are going at Vancouver asking im quite positive it will be required to overpay to get Pettersson.
No not an over pay.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
No not an over pay.
i understand, thats why i said it feels like it as being a wild fan it does feel like thats plenty however to get a player of that caliber we have to give to get. I like to think that fills some holes for the Nucks but i truthfully do not know their wants and needs.

Reactions: Groo

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
dumba might actually waive his NTC to go there.
seems as if youre the only one that feels that way.

Youd be crazy if we offered some good roster players along with a boldy, rossi, or wallstedt and turned it down
A) - There hasn't been a single offer that meets the criteria you stated.
B) - Boldy, good prospect, with Miller, Boeser, Hoglander, Garland, Podkolzin he would be a luxury and not a big piece to trade a young #1C
C) - Rossi may be of interest and I would imagine any deal for EP would require Rossi, but it would need to be Rossi +, +, +
D) - Wallstedt, good prospect, but we just signed Demko to a 5 year contract extention and he is playing very well. He would be great in the prospect pool but the value isn't there as a big piece for a young #1C
E) ElitePete isn't the only one that feels this way - In fact I've only seen 2 Canuck posters make any indication that they would consider moving EP. EP is expected to be the Canucks #1 C for the next decade. You don't trade players like this away, 7 year in to a rebuild for wingers, expiring contracts, players in their 30's, prospects with no NHL experience.

Takumi3000

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Did you say wild don't have what it takes to get petterson? If we could get eichel we could easily get pettersson.

Please. Don’t try to compare like they are the same. Eichel is disgruntled and wants out along with a major surgery he wants to get that is experimental. Pettersson has none of those baggages and does not want out.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pettersson, Bowser for JEE, Kaprizov. Minny gets its 1C, Vancouver gets... well, a little bit less offense and a little bit more defense.

Of course, it will never happen, but it's still more interesting than the original offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad