Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Really hope MB is talking to Vegas. They have terrific centre depth and a couple of top centre prospects. Suzuki would be a great C prospect to nab. Thinking they would want Gallagher more than Patches. Not sure about other parts.

In terms of Vilardi I know he is lighting it up and he was an 11th overall selection. He was highly rated, so who am I to question it. I'm saying if he doesn't have NHL speed now, big problem.

From Flames I would want Jankowski and Valimaki for Patches.

Patches to Blues for Thomas, Thompson and 1st.

Steel, Larsson/ Mohura and 1st for Patches.

Think I would be most excited about Suzuki.

Vegas is apparently shopping for Neal, I doubt they'll be heavy buyers.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I believe it is. Go check it and tell me where I am wrong? There was a typo. It was suppose to be 18-21 with Bennett as well.

What are your even talking about? What I assumed was a typo is what I pointed out. You're awfully quick to lace on the gloves.:laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No I don't make that trade either way. Even if we SOMEHOW grab Tavares and SOMEHOW manage to be lucky and get the first pick, you shouldnt make that trade, ever.

Mete is 19years old and able to play a top4 role from time to time in the NHL, that's insane for someone high as 3apple and a quarter. Peohling will battle for a roster spot next year. He's already great on the D side , if he can produce on the other end of the ice, he might be our #3 next year. If not, he will destroy the NCAA even more next year. He's a steal so far to be honest.

I make that trade in a heartbeat if we look like this for the foreseeable future...

Patch / Tavares / Gallagher
Galchenyuk / Drouin / Scherbak
Lehkonen / Danault / Shaw

Dahlin / Weber
McDonagh / Petry

Price

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
That’s an awful return for the Oilers.

They’re giving up an elite Center AND their first for a pile of garbage and a goalie who makes 10 million a year. Not close to value.

You want Draisaitl, you’d have to start with Shea Weber and Gallagher or Andrew Shaw in the conversation because they need help on right defense and right wing. Habs would likely have to take a contract back as well, likely Lucic. It will never happen though, as Draisaitl is a huge part of their future.
Are you kidding ...Price is a proven MVP and Oilers need a top goalie if they ever want to win....Talbot only has 1 year left on his contract and they already have centers they need wingers and Montreal could take back 2 million on Price contract.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Really hope MB is talking to Vegas. They have terrific centre depth and a couple of top centre prospects. Suzuki would be a great C prospect to nab. Thinking they would want Gallagher more than Patches. Not sure about other parts.

In terms of Vilardi I know he is lighting it up and he was an 11th overall selection. He was highly rated, so who am I to question it. I'm saying if he doesn't have NHL speed now, big problem.

From Flames I would want Jankowski and Valimaki for Patches.

Patches to Blues for Thomas, Thompson and 1st.

Steel, Larsson/ Mohura and 1st for Patches.

Think I would be most excited about Suzuki.
Agree on Vilardi....not having NHL speed is scaring me.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
He might be the best we can do. I think Bennett has all the tools to be a C, he was a sure fire center coming out of the OHL. Things haven't worked out in Calgary, but he's a great buy low guy. The question is really if Bennett and a 1st is the best you can do for Pacioretty, do you pull the trigger?

Heck no!

I'd rather hang on to him either re-sign him or see we what we could get for him again in the summer or at the deadline next year than settle for that measly return.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Are you kidding ...Price is a proven MVP and Oilers need a top goalie if they ever want to win....Talbot only has 1 year left on his contract and they already have centers they need wingers and Montreal could take back 2 million on Price contract.

Oil moved out a top 6 winger and a top line winger for not much back.

Their best assets are having 3 top 6 C. They should wait to see if they get the 1st OA in this year's draft, but otherwise they need to move for a top D.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Don't disagree, I just don't expect them to be heavy buyers at the deadline.

Lol. I was sincere in what I said about them going for it, but I just really want them to trade us Suzuki or Cody Glass. I like these two better than most any of the prospects named as possible targets.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Friedman:
1. Stealth possibility for Max Pacioretty: Florida. Would be interesting. The Panthers have a lot of talent, with Henrik Borgstrom ready for prime time after this season at NCAA Denver.

3.Tomas Plekanec has made clear his desire to stay in Montreal, and, on a team struggling to find centres, coach Claude Julien probably wants that to happen. There’s an extension to be had there. Now it comes down to whether or not GM Marc Bergevin gets an offer he likes.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just out of curiosity. What is the best prospect that has been traded in the last 5-6-7 years?

Forsberg?

Forsberg for sure (11th OA). Sergachev (9th OA). Canucks also got Horvat at a 9th OA pick (Schneider). In the Ryan trade, Anaheim ended up with a 10th OA pick & Jakub Silverberg.

Most teams don't trade their best prospects. Forsberg & Sergachev are the exceptions.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Friedman:
1. Stealth possibility for Max Pacioretty: Florida. Would be interesting. The Panthers have a lot of talent, with Henrik Borgstrom ready for prime time after this season at NCAA Denver.

3.Tomas Plekanec has made clear his desire to stay in Montreal, and, on a team struggling to find centres, coach Claude Julien probably wants that to happen. There’s an extension to be had there. Now it comes down to whether or not GM Marc Bergevin gets an offer he likes.

Good news: the Habs found 1 top 6C, so 1 down 1 to go

Bad news: someone tell Julien/Bergevin Plekanec isn't actually a viable top 6C and hasn't been one for awhile now

Worse news: we need 2 top 6C's still

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Friedman:

Seeing and hearing more and more how much Plekanec wants to stay. I can certainly see it from his perspective, he's comfortably entrenched. But, from the perspective of where the roster is at and where the team is lacking, I'd much rather get as high a draft pick for him as possible. He doesn't bring anything this team needs right now and he's 35. Time to move on.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Seeing and hearing more and more how much Plekanec wants to stay. I can certainly see it from his perspective, he's comfortably entrenched. But, from the perspective of where the roster is at and where the team is lacking, I'd much rather get as high a draft pick for him as possible. He doesn't bring anything this team needs right now and he's 35. Time to move on.
Oh I'd say it was time to move on awhile ago...but I digress.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Price’s MVP season is history. Oilers need a lot of things and a goalie is one of them, yup.

But Jacob De La Freaking Rose, Paul Byron, Sclemko and Hudon aren’t buying you a high first rounder AND Leon Draisaitl. Two of those pieces are just awful, and the other two are just above average. Would you sell Pacioretty for that package? The Oilers aren’t and wouldn’t be selling their second best piece for that low.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh I'd say it was time to move on awhile ago...but I digress.

No argument from me. I still remember when Bergevin a few years back, was pontificating about how a GM needs to move a declining player ahead of his downspiral.

Reactions: 417

Slipknot

Lion King
Nov 15, 2017
Price’s MVP season is history. Oilers need a lot of things and a goalie is one of them, yup.

But Jacob De La Freaking Rose, Paul Byron, Sclemko and Hudon aren’t buying you a high first rounder AND Leon Draisaitl. Two of those pieces are just awful, and the other two are just above average. Would you sell Pacioretty for that package? The Oilers aren’t and wouldn’t be selling their second best piece for that low.

You know, Chiarelli traded Seguin at his time with the Bruins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad