Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Would it be possible that the Habs and the Sharks have an handshake agreement for Pacioretty?

If the Sharks sign Tavares, Pacioretty is traded to them as the main piece in a trade where Logan Couture is the main piece coming to Montreal?

This might explain the sudden changing of agents by Patches... since Brisson represents Tavares too... I'm not sure why... but tampering or something... I guess we'll know who the 5 teams are for Tavares tomorrow?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Tfw LA was the best chance and now they have Kovalchuk.

I swear if we botched this and he leaves for nothing next summer or a severely diminished return at the TDL...

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I don't see Logan Couture being traded any time to soon. Habs would have to add to get him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What do you guys think about:

To MTL: Brooks Orpik
To COL: David Schlemko

Orpik plays with Petry this year, then walks. Schlemko's off the books next year for a new GM after Bergevin is fired.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Montreal needs an impact center who puts up points and a LHD to play with Weber and if you cannot acquire them then you need to do a full rebuild....you cannot plug anymore holes with second and third tier players.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Man i feel like this summer will be a repeat of last summer. MB will strike out on the UFA market and then will give a ridiculous contract extension to Patch to spend the money and be able to say someone in his presser. He'll probably sign Johnson and/or Bozak too. This summer will be remembered for many years to come.
Did you really expect more??
His presser on July 1 will include. Trades are tough
Ufa can choose where to go. Prices were too high
Carey will bounce back
We’re loaded at ceNtre for the future
It’s typical Bergie

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Interesting tidbit from Lebrun.

The NHL draft week came and went and Max Pacioretty remains a member of the Montreal Canadiens.

Not from a lack of conversations GM Marc Bergevin had with other teams, mind you, but the likely trade of the Canadiens captain will have to wait.

The Los Angeles Kings had talks with the Habs earlier in the week and while neither team want to confirm it, my sense is that a potential trade was possible but the Kings couldn’t agree to a contract extension with Pacioretty, who is UFA a year from now. Although that’s not to say the Kings and Habs had all the elements worked out either in a trade because I don’t think they did. But they had those conversations.

Then on Saturday, we found out Pacioretty had switched agents, leaving Pat Brisson for Allan Walsh, which the latter made official on his Twitter account.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That was a great deal for Hayden Hawkey. To put it into perspective, MB got a 4th (5th if they didn't meet the conditions of the trade) for veteran Al Montoya. He got a similar pick for a kid who has yet to play a pro hockey game. Good return.

Right now, Habs had two 4ths and two 5ths for next year's draft. Should be able to get multiple high picks with a few key trades.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tfw LA was the best chance and now they have Kovalchuk.

I swear if we botched this and he leaves for nothing next summer or a severely diminished return at the TDL...

Habs didn't botch the possible LA trade. Kovalchuk was always Kings' priority. Only way they would have traded for Max was if Kovalchuk went elsewhere. They also had Skinner in their plans if Kovalchuk didn't go there.

I think right now, Skinner is Max's biggest competition.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Let him strikeout. The Atlantic is strong. Don’t trade away assets or sign players to dumb contracts and this is the best offseason he’s probably ever had. The team is going to stink next year. Don’t cripple it anymore. If the vets want out because of it, trade the ones that do.
Yeah we’re shaping up to still be really bad next season with no young player from the draft ready to step in like Zadina could have. Patches still won’t have a D to get him those long stretch passes (and let’s face it, Patches doesn’t mesh with Julien’s system because of this - Julien likes short passes up the ice), the UFA pool is still bare without anyone that can make a big impact and shift the tide for us, and the pessimist in me says Price will continue to not do so well, especially with another child on the way and his supposed chronic fatigue.

Feels like this is Bergevin’s last summer tbh, barring a miracle.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would not rate Rask far behind Eller who also obtained two seconds. I think Bergevin has been told though to build something. Hence the number of picks.

I think Soderberg is interesting. He played #2 centre, in a defensive role behind Mackinnon, an NHL player who started at wing before transitioning to centre. Coached by Julien.

Might be the guy to backup Drouin

X (Patches)-Drouin-Scherbak
Domi-Soderberg-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Shaw
Byron-DeLaRose-Lehkonen
Deslauriers

Money for a LHD like De Haan.

Increased speed with improved defense and special teams allows the Habs to win more 2-1 games than they lose.

Habs still have a goalie who is in the upper echelon.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
LeBrun in an article on The Athletic wrote that Friday night/Saturday morning, Habs and Canes were working on a deal for center Victor Rask. But the asking price was Habs' two high seconds (35th & 38th) and Habs didn't want to pay that price.
Obviously, not enough character, leadership, grit and something missing in attitude. Oh and he's not a winner like a Blackhawks player either.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't think many GMs would have paid that price either. They can just re-sign Pleks to a 1 year contract, it's not like Rask changes the need for a rebuild.

Exactly. Rask isn't worth that price. People can argue Shaw wasn't worth two 2nd rounders either. The point is not to repeat the same mistakes. I think Habs did better holding onto those picks and stocking the cupboards.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad