Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Since the Max thread is closed.

Hertl
Meier
2nd round pick

That looks like a pretty decent return for Max. I hope it wasn't because of his agent!

I mean he switched agent right after that
1- He did not want a trade there
2- he did not get the money he wanted
I think everyone is giving less than want he wants.

Id add a Byron or a prospect just to get rid of Pacioretty right now.
Hes poison

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I don’t wanna see patches floating lazy disappearing act this season. He just gets on my nerves I don’t care that he scores 20-30 goals

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Not sure what happend to my post. Someone even quoted it.

Hertl
Meiri
2019 2nd rounder.

wouldn't have been to bad of a return for Max.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'll hope for Beauvillier now. And a 2nd in 2019. And another pick/prospect.

Maybe Pominville for Schlemko

Beauvillier-Drouin-Scherbak
Lehkonen-Domi-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Pominville
Byron-Plekanec-Shaw
Deslauriers/DLR

Mete-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Benn

Price
Niemi

Bergevin's last year. Maybe can get a wild card, if Price and Weber bounce back.
Wildcard? I’ll do you one better. That lineup is so talentless it’s in the race for Hughes
Btw where’s Pacioretty

Reactions: CapSpace

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Man i feel like this summer will be a repeat of last summer. MB will strike out on the UFA market and then will give a ridiculous contract extension to Patch to spend the money and be able to say someone in his presser. He'll probably sign Johnson and/or Bozak too. This summer will be remembered for many years to come.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
LeBrun in an article on The Athletic wrote that Friday night/Saturday morning, Habs and Canes were working on a deal for center Victor Rask. But the asking price was Habs' two high seconds (35th & 38th) and Habs didn't want to pay that price.
They only give up on 2 second rounders, if dey can get a guy like Shawzie.......dat guy got two rings!!

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
LeBrun in an article on The Athletic wrote that Friday night/Saturday morning, Habs and Canes were working on a deal for center Victor Rask. But the asking price was Habs' two high seconds (35th & 38th) and Habs didn't want to pay that price.
I feel like they shoukd have.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Good on MB for passing if this is true. Wouldn't have been as bad as giving up 2 high seconds for Shaw but it wouldn't have been good. Again if this is true which it probably isn't.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

I'm glad Bergevin did not pay that for Rask.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
@BLONG7.

Pacioretty for Beauvillier. A linemate for Drouin.

I don't what kind of talent you are looking for?

I am looking at team speed. Pominville for a RH shot. And leadership of a young French Canadien group. I'd rather have Soderberg over Plekanec.

But talent? Scherbak was considered one of the most talented players in the A last season. Came in to top line with Galchenyuk and Drouin and left a few goalies scrambling the way he used his edges.

Lots of potential. Like Drouin. Can fly.

Gallagher scored 30. A player like Domi is going to work well with him.

Hudon had moments in his first pro season.

Byron will continue to score if he can outskate defensemen regularly.

Shaw is no talent but the puck ended up in the net more than once because his work in the offensive zone, and on the PP.

Mete can skate, and will add weight, Juulsen looks like a top 4 defenseman, just getting his feet wet.

It's not all darkness and gloom.

The Jets are in Cap trouble, Bergevin should definitely call on some players. Armia and Petan are probably available. Perreault if Stastny re-signs. Would not be surprised if Detroit calls on Myers.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I feel like they shoukd have.

0054FA5F-C9BD-41E3-8E53-96CE184C7F2F.gif

Reactions: ArsHabs

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Would it be possible that the Habs and the Sharks have an handshake agreement for Pacioretty?

If the Sharks sign Tavares, Pacioretty is traded to them as the main piece in a trade where Logan Couture is the main piece coming to Montreal?

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Nobody is stepping up to acquire him. So my plan at this stage is to play him and make him earn his next contract. Let an injury happen and trade him when teams need scoring.

Worse case.. trade him for picks at the deadline. What’s done is done. Don’t trade just to get rid of him

Bergevin should continue seaking sign and trades for the next little while but if it’s clear he’s being stubborn signing with other teams, dump him for whatever his $4.5 is worth for one year. Do not resign this player. It has disaster written all over it.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Nobody wants to sign here and .... nobody will trade with Bergevin (or at least give anything of fair value for Max.)

The best move is to sign Pacioretty and ask him to give up the captaincy to Weber ..... things will start changing after that..
We shouldn't just give up an asset like this - he had ONE bad year, so what!
Without the burden of the "C" he'll score 40 here.... you can book it
LOL ! how can you affirm that ? you talk to all the players and GMs of the NHL ? :soap:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Imagine this: not even a meeting with Tavares, unsigned and untraded 67 and still no 1/2 C + Weber and price still here. A f***ing nightmare. Treading water

Reactions: NoQuinn

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I'm happy about this. Maybe they finally learned from the Shaw trade. I like Rask, but he had a really bad year & got the Chucky treatment (4th line then wing).

I'd prefer a hockey trade like they did with Calgary. No picks just players.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Man i feel like this summer will be a repeat of last summer. MB will strike out on the UFA market and then will give a ridiculous contract extension to Patch to spend the money and be able to say someone in his presser. He'll probably sign Johnson and/or Bozak too. This summer will be remembered for many years to come.

Let him strikeout. The Atlantic is strong. Don’t trade away assets or sign players to dumb contracts and this is the best offseason he’s probably ever had. The team is going to stink next year. Don’t cripple it anymore. If the vets want out because of it, trade the ones that do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad