HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why not? Grieg is not a tough guy. He's a bum. I would have loved to see Suzuki, caufield, or whenever was on the ice go after him after he decked Dach. Not like Grieg would have answered the bell either, hed try and hide behind his teammates like he did with the Rielly incident last year. Heck even kucherov went after a dude for nailing Hedman.

This team needs some balls. No excuse for that, especially after so many damn times this keeps happening. Reminds me of the leafs and we can't have that

The team has balls. The skilled group that plays powerplay generally doesn't.

For all the praise of Bradys response. He might be out 5 months with a separated shoulder. Like, is "balls" worth it if Suzuki or Caufield put themselves out for 5 months?

5 players went at Greig after and challenged him to a fight.

The big bad Bruins had nobody respond when Cooke hit Savard. They responded after.

Armia, Barre Boulet and the ilk that were on the ice aren't guys who fight. The response after by the vast majority of the team that can hold their own, did go out and respond. Thats what you want.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

For all the praise of Bradys response. He might be out 5 months with a separated shoulder. Like, is "balls" worth it if Suzuki or Caufield put themselves out for 5 months?

The big bad Bruins had nobody respond when Cooke hit Savard. They responded after.

Armia, Barre Boulet and the ilk that were on the ice aren't guys who fight. The response after by the vast majority of the team that can hold their own, did go out and respond. Thats what you want.
You don’t have to actually fight and risk a injury but it would be nice to see everyone or someone go talk to him and let him know they they will be watching him and if he doesn’t take accountability someone will get there head taken off…

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You don’t have to actually fight and risk a injury but it would be nice to see everyone or someone go talk to him and let him know they they will be watching him and if he doesn’t take accountability someone will get there head taken off…

Yes, it would be nice.. but the personnel on at that time wasn't the guys who do that sort of thing, outside of Dach, who was the one hit.

Sometimes we need to understand what the people are on the ice and acknowledge that we had people dressed who obviously didn't let it go. His next shift, Struble f***ed him up with a big hit.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

disagree. we will see. bottom 2 lines are not tough other then Pezz

I am not looking for plug fighters, I am looking for hard nosed players that a bear to play against and bring the edge to wear out teams.

Reactions: HabzSauce

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022

Ya true. I agree you don't want Suzuki or caufield going down with injury, but we have a history of this. It's happened alot where teams disrespect our players and nobody does anything. So once in a while if nobody else is going to do something, it would be refreshing to see CC/Suzuki get into a wrestling match with a guy like Grieg. Doesn't even have to be a full blown fight, I just want to see our players stand up for each other.

The only guys I see on this team that have balls of steel is Pezz and Xhekaj. Dach starting to grow some. Gallagher too but he's ineffective.

We need more than that.

Reactions: sampollock

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They probably don't have room for him, but I'd like to sign Sammy Blais to add some more size, grit, and someone who will make life a little more difficult for the opponents. Someone like Pez, who can come in and out of the line-up and can add some truculence.

They also might prefer not having someone block someone like Heineman or ABB, who are having good camps and might either earn a spot right away or at worst, start in Laval and be among the first call ups.

Reactions: Kimota and 417

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs need to go after Lukas Reichel. Should be doing as well as Peterka. Probably needs a change of scenery (like real linemates).

He's just not good. He doesn't really add anything to the top 6 that the Habs don't already have, or need more of.

They probably don't have room for him, but I'd like to sign Sammy Blais to add some more size, grit, and someone who will make life a little more difficult for the opponents. Someone like Pez, who can come in and out of the line-up and can add some truculence.

They also might prefer not having someone block someone like Heineman or ABB, who are having good camps and might either earn a spot right away or at worst, start in Laval and be among the first call ups.
Ross Johnston is about as an effective player and can actually fight and will likely go in knowing he isn't playing every game.

I remember Blais did something, the other team chased him and he wouldn't fight and then he eventually did, can't remember if it was that game, or the next game and he got beat up.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

ABB has to go through waivers and he's the type that gets picked up at this point.

Also, don't forget Luke Tuch he's been very good this preseason and is a player similar to Blais.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
They need a skilled player who plays with an edge in the middle 6. Preferably RW.

Not sure if they need a trade right now, with all the dead weight. Maybe they go draft and a player like Spence. (LW)

Reactions: sampollock

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Yes, it would be nice.. but the personnel on at that time wasn't the guys who do that sort of thing, outside of Dach, who was the one hit.

Sometimes we need to understand what the people are on the ice and acknowledge that we had people dressed who obviously didn't let it go. His next shift, Struble f***ed him up with a big hit.
You have to pay him a visit regardless who is on the ice… even Gomez and Gio when up to Chara when he hit Patch. You don’t need to be big but you need to show that it was not appropriate right away and that you will be relentless. What Greig did could have taken out Dach I like Struble hit but in the playoff if a grinder take out one of our top 6 getting a good hit isn’t going to helping us win they take a hit all day if it make there team win. We need the player understand that any dirty play won’t be tolerated… if the league were to put there pants in would be different.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He's just not good. He doesn't really add anything to the top 6 that the Habs don't already have, or need more of.

Ross Johnston is about as an effective player and can actually fight and will likely go in knowing he isn't playing every game.

I remember Blais did something, the other team chased him and he wouldn't fight and then he eventually did, can't remember if it was that game, or the next game and he got beat up.
Reichel has been very good before being drafted and in the AHL. He should be close to Stutzle level. He apparently wanted to be a centre but he should have given that up once Bedard was drafted. If they give up on him get him cheap.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Accruing cap space is not the only benefit of avoiding LTIR. There is also the avoidance of bonuses leaking into next year.
Yup, the potential performance bonus overage for next year is near $5m (always depends who gets injured/stays up). It is over $1m for this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad