HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Seems like the Bell Centre hits counter is too generous with his tracking.

Anderson’s pecks and hugs shouldn’t be counted as hits.

Slaf is definitely a force and tough to play against. But you’re too charitable with Gallagher, he’s a smart player (always has been) but his motor is gone so he’s not hard to play against.

Montreal's Home/Road Hits were nearly identical (898 at home vs. 910 on the road).

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hughes was interviewed today by Godin and essentially said they're not making a trade to replace Laine.
Things change of course, but it sounds like the price to pay for a top 6 guy is beyond a price point he's willing to pay at this stage of the rebuild.
It also sounds like they love Kapanen and he's sticking around for a good while - probably on the wing

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Hughes was interviewed today by Godin and essentially said they're not making a trade to replace Laine.
Things change of course, but it sounds like the price to pay for a top 6 guy is beyond a price point he's willing to pay at this stage of the rebuild.
It also sounds like they love Kapanen and he's sticking around for a good while - probably on the wing
Good
Stop the Zegras posts
And every other over priced guy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We should'nt look to replace Laine anyway, the team needs another top 9 winger and it's urgent.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Do you think if our players of Brady's ilk were on the ice, they wouldn't have done anything? Dach got hit when the PP was on and that group aren't fighters, Expecting an immediate response from that group just isn't going to happen.
Why not? Grieg is not a tough guy. He's a bum. I would have loved to see Suzuki, caufield, or whenever was on the ice go after him after he decked Dach. Not like Grieg would have answered the bell either, hed try and hide behind his teammates like he did with the Rielly incident last year. Heck even kucherov went after a dude for nailing Hedman.

This team needs some balls. No excuse for that, especially after so many damn times this keeps happening. Reminds me of the leafs and we can't have that

Reactions: Habby4Life

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Why not? Grieg is not a tough guy. He's a bum. I would have loved to see Suzuki, caufield, or whenever was on the ice go after him after he decked Dach. Not like Grieg would have answered the bell either, hed try and hide behind his teammates like he did with the Rielly incident last year. Heck even kucherov went after a dude for nailing Hedman.

This team needs some balls. No excuse for that, especially after so many damn times this keeps happening. Reminds me of the leafs and we can't have that
You know if that was the bruins or the panthers, 100% the pack goes after him no matter who is on the ice.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Not one GUY steps up after hit in Dach, ZERO

Exactly what I said, zero jam on the team.

If it was panthers, bruins, all 4 guys would have jumped Greig, the Habs they just skate around.

This shit won’t stop if this team won’t step up and put an end to it.

But do tell me this team has a pack mentality of team toughness.
I agree but I also think the last 2 games probably help bring the team closer.

Ad

Ad

Ad