HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The only reason we don't know if we have a 2C is because he is injury prone. There is no doubt Dach is at least a top 50 C if healthy.

Guhle is an unconventional 1D but he can certainly be one as good as Slavin. Moreno, Hutson looks like he's as dynamic as any other Ds in this league.

The only real question mark is Hutson at ES.

Montambeault has been one of the better goaltender in the league for two years running, I think it's safe to say he's at least a mid pack starter.
Didn't want to jinx Dach.
I think Guhle is a 2D.
Can Hutson be a 1D ? More a 3D ?I was thinking more Reinbacher a 1D but he's years away.
Monty might be and is looking pretty good but let's see this year.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Because he's softer than a pack of Charmin Ultra toilet paper?

We need players who understand the game is played with both upper and lower body strength.
We just need a body that can play top 9 if he good enough to play with Toronto don’t see why he couldn’t in MTL.
He a lefty, which also doesn’t hurt he knows about playing in Mtl and we could sell him at the TDL… don’t see many unsign top 6 with size and grit he clearly wasn’t even a option a few days ago but we have to settle for what available…

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We don't know if we have a 2C, a 1D or a 3D, or a starting goalie. We need to hang onto the most valuable of assets as long as we can until we have at least a good idea if not answers to these questions. So spending lots of assets on a winger now is not a priority. So if next year it doesn't look like Dach or anybody else we have can be a 2C then by all means maybe use our 1st rounder and other assets to try and land one, as an example.
Usually offensive center hard to acquire. Everybody wants them. If season goes bad maybe sell hard at deadline? A couple good ones at top of draft. For the love of Jesus I hope he doesn't draft another D? When first line center is available. We overrun with young D now, they take twice as long to develop

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
We just need a body that can play top 9 if he good enough to play with Toronto don’t see why he couldn’t in MTL.
He a lefty, which also doesn’t hurt he knows about playing in Mtl and we could sell him at the TDL… don’t see many unsign top 6 with size and grit he clearly wasn’t even a option a few days ago but we have to settle for what available…
I didn't want him but now i kinda do, just to see the chaos it would create...lol

Reactions: calder candidate

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I wouldn't get a top 6 player at this point. Ride Roy and keep Kapanen. Good opportunity for them.

I wouldn't be opposed to sign a Blais or Clutterbuck for the 4th liner or 13th/14th froward though.

Speaking of 4th line. Do you guys think Tuch could be a call up during the season?? Is he ready to play NHL or close to it?

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wouldn't get a top 6 player at this point. Ride Roy and keep Kapanen. Good opportunity for them.

Agree. Maybe have Roy move up to the top-6 (or someone else) and keep Kapanen for the Bottom-6.

I wouldn't be opposed to sign a Blais or Clutterbuck for the 4th liner or 13th/14th froward though.

Again agreed. Those are two guys who can help change the 4th line and add a lot more grit. Another guys I wouldn't be opposed to signing is Blake Wheeler. He's much older, but aside from his year in New York last year, he's been a 50+ point player pretty much every year with the Jets even as he was getting older. He's also 6'5" and 225 lbs. So another guy adding a lot of size.

Speaking of 4th line. Do you guys think Tuch could be a call up during the season?? Is he ready to play NHL or close to it?

Tuch will need a lot of time in Laval. But you never know if he gets called up at some point. What I like about Tuch is that he doesn't pretend to be something he's not. He knows his role and I believe he will more easily adapt to pro hockey than some other prospects who might need more time to get in the flow.

Reactions: Benstheman

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Habs are much further along than the Flames in their rebuild, especially if they add Andersson.
I think he'll like it here.
Of course, you never know but i think it's a risk worth taking since he can be traded again in case he doesn't.

If players want to play on a contender, they will pick an existing contender instead of a team working to get there.

It takes somewhat of a leap of faith to jump to another rebuilding franchise despite it being "further along".

Alot can go wrong in a rebuild even when it feels like things are generally on track.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Another guys I wouldn't be opposed to signing is Blake Wheeler. He's much older, but aside from his year in New York last year, he's been a 50+ point player pretty much every year with the Jets even as he was getting older. He's also 6'5" and 225 lbs. So another guy adding a lot of size.
Bring Blake Wheeler in your locker room at your own risk...
I don't want to make the playoffs that bad this year that I want to mess up the team spirit we have.
Plus he's pretty cooked tbh.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I'd still try to get a top 4 RHD with a bit of experience. Maybe even more considering Reinbacher might lose a big chunk of the season in the AHL and might push back his NHL debut 1 more year.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Need some tough grinders
Next summer open the vault sign Sam Bennett, Tanner Jeannot, and Olivier. The last two should not cost much, Bennet yes, but adding these three guys would give the Habs some serious jam.

It's a pipe dream, first, don't think they would do it, and second, Bennett won't make it to FA. Florida knows just how important grit is.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Do we need to replace someone who we never really got? lol

Yes, we could strengthen our top 6 via acquisition, but, and I hate to say this, I'm on the side of lets just tank 1 more season.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Do we need to replace someone who we never really got? lol

Yes, we could strengthen our top 6 via acquisition, but, and I hate to say this, I'm on the side of lets just tank 1 more season.
Don't see they have much choice. This is not a well constructed team. Next summer they better use the $$ & assets and add to this team and fix the bottom 6. Top six will self correct with the addition of Laine and Demidov, its the two bottom lines that need serious work.

Also, they need a legit top 4 RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad