HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Esti. I've read delusional things, but youre telling me that this :
View attachment 898960

Is a top tier bottom 6 ? There's 3 NHL players in there. Other teams have literaly 40 goals scorers on their bottom 6 and multiple 50 points player, our best player is Jake Evans. There's no way youre going to look at me with a straight face and say this.

You think Gally is getting top 6 role this year?

Interesting take, we'll see how that plays out.

Slaf, Suzuki, CC, Newhook, Dach, Roy. That's who I see playing in our top 6 on opening night (barring injury or trade) as of today.

Gally, Anderson, Dvorak, Evans, Armia, Pezzeta, RHP, ABB....

What NHL rosters have a better 7-14 group of players?

I've looked, I don't see more than 5-10 that are better, on paper.

Mind you, I think we have the worse bottom 6 in the league, even the Sharks and Ducks have more talent on their bottom two lines.

Sure, if you are talking the talent of recent top 10 picks lol. Even then, Sharks? Get serious.

All these players are much better than Pezzetta, and I say this as a massive fan of Pezz.

Disagree. Those players all played on cup contending rosters... Inflates the perceived impact considerably when you're playing 10-12min on a cup winning roster vs a bottom 5 roster

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Slaf, Suzuki, CC, Newhook, Dach, Roy. That's who I see playing in our top 6 on opening night (barring injury or trade) as of today.

Easily a bottom 5 group in the NHL

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Sure, if you are talking the talent of recent top 10 picks lol. Even then, Sharks? Get serious.

Disagree. Those players all played on cup contending rosters... Inflates the perceived impact considerably when you're playing 10-12min on a cup winning roster vs a bottom 5 roster
Yes, your delusion is awfully strong.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Im sure having sulking overpaid vets who are healthy scratches adds extra happiness to the room.

I remember my first yr college, oh boy i earned a spot as RW (off wing) on 4th line.. the C was an actual vet.. dude was miserable, lol... i was just happy to dress, there were 5 black aces..
Half way through the season, Vet is benched, i get moved to C to lead the rookie line.. effing eh!!! "We" were so full of vigor and excitement we got our minutes equal to 3rd line for playoffs...

That, imo is more important than having an "actual" 4th line joyrneyman. We played every shift like a game 7 playoff... it's actually not that hard to do when youre only on for ~4min/period.. all out!! And guess what? The top two lines fed off of what us rookies were doing!

Winning is created in the room.. on the ice is where you go to war for your mates.
You are chosing the worst case veteran example, this isn't a serious argument.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yes. The kind MB regularly acquired.

I wouldn’t count on that - he’s only 23 but in 5 years the most games he’s ever played is 70 in a season. After that it’s 58.

At least he was PPG in the 2 games he played last year.
I'm not but there is no certainty where the Habs could finish. Without Dach they are certainly a candidate for bottom 5 (if no one else is added). With him likely not bottom 10.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Of course it's anecdotal.. my point is having a 4th line that "loves" being a 4th line is far more effective than plugging in a vet 4th liner from another team bc of pts, etc.. and expect the same output..

effective "lines" are made in the room, where linemates want to play with one another, share the common goal of getting better, and want to win for the team..

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Seeing Zegras with CC/Slaf getting together this summer again wants me to get that player.
Not only he's freaking awesome but he would put a good chemistry in the locker room.
But Damn what would be the ask from the Ducks ?

Would you guy's do Reinbacher for Zegras ?
I think i would.

I don't think the Ducks would want quantity but rather quality.

I mean Barron + CGY first +Roy would not cut it.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Seeing Zegras with CC/Slaf getting together this summer again wants me to get that player.
Not only he's freaking awesome but he would put a good chemistry in the locker room.

I think i would.

I don't think the Ducks would want quantity but rather quality.

I mean Barron + CGY first +Roy would not cut it.
No to either deal.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
They won't finish bottom 10 if Dach can stay healthy.
I beleive it ,
I mean players like Suzuki, Dach, CC, Slaf, Guhle, Newhook etc.. will all be better then last year.
But Again they have to play at least 70 games all together.
I see them having #14 draft pick, right outside of a playoff spot this year.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I beleive it ,
I mean players like Suzuki, Dach, CC, Slaf, Guhle, Newhook etc.. will all be better then last year.
But Again they have to play at least 70 games all together.
I see them having #14 draft pick, right outside of a playoff spot this year.
They will be better, obviously health is the key.
Dach, and Newhook need to play well and often, the 3 goalie carousel is gone, and the amount of one goal games, will slide a little more in our favor.

The key here, is to climb up the ladder, and see the core get better together.
The following season is the one to get excited about...................Demidov will be a huge add.

Reactions: Lockin17

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

I think i would.

I would be very surprised if many Montreal fans would trade Reinbacher for Zegras. My guess is Reinbacher is going to be an impactful player for Montreal at a very important position (right defence).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00