HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Smdh

Far more of an “insider” than the Dreger’s or Lebrun’s or Friedman’a, who never actually provide inside information as much as they are the first to relay information they hear from the NHL central registry.

FREE IBN!

Honestly there is no such thing as an insider. Nobody is in the knows of what trade talks are going on.

They are indeed making breaking news.

Hughes operate in a very tight circle and i doubt there is leak. Its the same for all organisation. There is no benefit in leaking true trade talk.

The McGroarty rumors possibly comes from his agent to generate a market. These guys are tools and at best are being used by organisation.

Reactions: mdk and dralaf

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Except when he called MSL as our HC when it made no f***ing sense.

Smdh

Far more of an “insider” than the Dreger’s or Lebrun’s or Friedman’a, who never actually provide inside information as much as they are the first to relay information they hear from the NHL central registry.

FREE IBN!
Damn, call someone out for what he is and his little followers get all upset.

Guy is a fraud and it's pretty easy to see that.

Might as well start posting hockey insiderr and the random alcoholic at the bar. Oh wait, that 2nd part you guys already do.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Honestly there is no such thing as an insider. Nobody is in the knows of what trade talks are going on.

They are indeed making breaking news.
Oh agreed with this lol that's why I never take these kind of things too seriously. It's fun to discuss but even someone who IS in the know, isn't ultimately pulling the trigger.

I never take these things as a guarantee a trade is coming.
Hughes operate in a very tight circle and i doubt there is leak. Its the same for all organisation. There is no benefit in leaking true trade talk.

The McGroarty rumors possibly comes from his agent to generate a market. These guys are tools and at best are being used by organisation.
Agreed.

Damn, call someone out for what he is and his little followers get all upset.

Guy is a fraud and it's pretty easy to see that.
Someone here is upset...wonder who though? lol
Might as well start posting hockey insiderr and the random alcoholic at the bar. Oh wait, that 2nd part you guys already do.
OH you big mad lol look at you getting all in your feelings because some people don't agree with you that he's a fraud.

You're welcomed to wait for Darren Dreger to drip feed you rumors to chew on I guess. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, he's been told he might reach out to his contacts, who may or may not exist and that he might get back to you later.

Maybe.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
'Please trade me, I want a clear path to the NHL'
'Okay, I'll trade for him, let me holla at him real quick'
'I want a clear path to the NHL'
'Ew'

f***ing NHL lol
Like…whats the premise here.

NHL teams are put off by the fact that McGroaty hopes to have a path to the NHL? Lol

I'm guessing this is more of the Winnipeg media briefing stuff.

There's nothing outrageous about that. Why would anyone want to join an organization where the path is blocked?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Mesar, Harris/Struble + 1st >> Ryder, Halak + 2nd

I'm not on the McGroarty hype train but maybe Winnipeg is just the armpit of Canada everyone thinks it is?

A co-worker of mine who lives in Winnipeg once told me to never accept a "Winnipeg handshake".

If you know, you know.

I wouldn't want to sign there either lol

Yeah, regardless of player quality, I totally get it when guys do what PLD did etc. I place a premium on where I live now and I'm a regular joe with a good salary, not a highly wanted NHL player. Living in a cool city is massive. If I were a hotshot NHL player, you wouldn't be able to pay me enough to play in Canada outside of Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver and a lot of places in the US like Pittsburgh, Columbus, Buffalo, etc.

Reactions: 417

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

I'm not on the McGroarty hype train but maybe Winnipeg is just the armpit of Canada everyone thinks it is?

A co-worker of mine who lives in Winnipeg once told me to never accept a "Winnipeg handshake".

If you know, you know.

Also, watch out when someone approaches you saying “hey buddy” in a mildly friendly way. They ain’t your buddy.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If, McGroarty wasn't such a douche! ie. if he was a player with some class & integrity, and we knew for sure that the Florida/Calgary pick would be a late one, then I do this trade. But HUGO are looking for character players, so McGroarty is on my DNT for list.
A douche??

What makes him such a douche?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Math, show your work:
Mesar, Barron and FLA 1st = 2 x 3rds and a late 1st

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

If you know, you know.

I’ve lived in Manitoba and I’ve flown in there many many times…..the place is sort of depressing.

It’s got nice areas for sure but overall for a young millionaire it’s as lame as it gets, hands down the worst NHL city.

Winters are brutal, dark and cold with not much to do.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Looking at the list of cities in the NHL, my NTC would be:

- Detroit
- Buffalo
- Ottawa
- Pittsburgh
- Columbus
- Winnipeg
- Minnesota
- Utah
- Edmonton
- Calgary

I could be convinced to play anywhere else...I think.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I’ve lived in Manitoba and I’ve flown in there many many times…..the place is sort of depressing.

It’s got nice areas for sure but overall for a young millionaire it’s as lame as it gets, hands down the worst NHL city.

Winters are brutal, dark and cold with not much to do.
Looks lame, even for a young billionaire like me brother.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
They might have expected "I want to play a few NHL games to prove I belong" since it originally seemed the issue was that the Jets refused to give him some games at the end of last season.
I wonder how much damage optics-wise, not dressing Perfetti until elimination game in the playoffs & yo-yo’ing him during the season has had in the eyes of NCAA types who now wield negotiation leverage?

Reactions: dinodebino

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The entitled generation….

All of McGroarty, PLD, Cutter Gauthier are kids of longtime ECHLers / AHLers - who then seemed to have dedicated their post playing careers into “making their sons” NHLers (albeit high picks)

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I'd say none but that's what KK cried about too that time so who knows.

Purposefuly so.

KK sucks and his career have not trending well.

Lets not act like we treated KK, and Caufield, like they deserved to.

I doubt Caufield was committing 8 years if it was still Ducharme and Bergevin managing the team.

We totally mismanaged young player, and old players at the times and KK critics were fair although not backed by his future performance.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
I hope HuGo stays clear of the McGroarty scenario. What he and Gauthier have done is something Habs fans lose sleep over. And what kind of a message does it send to our newly minted 21st OA selection?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I hope HuGo stays clear of the McGroarty scenario. What he and Gauthier have done is something Habs fans lose sleep over. And what kind of a message does it send to our newly minted 21st OA selection?

I don't see Hughes doing anything that promises a player anything more than a game to burn off a part of their ELC. Giving top 6 time is just not done and shouldn't be done. Especially not for Rutger McGroarty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad