HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
So we are apparently still in on Zegras, which if true tells us Hughes must think the guy is okay character wise.

If we were to get Zegras our top 6 in a ⁷ß couple years would be composed of Caufield, Suzuki , Slaf, Dach , Zegras and Demidov. Third line maybe Newhook, Beck and Xhekaj. Fourth I dunno.

What do you think of that top 6. My guess is Guhle or A. Xheraj plus would be going the other way. Again, I love Xheraj and so him being traded isn't something I'm good with, but ise Zegras that good ? Will Zegras show up postseason ?
If Zegras checks out our top 6 be scary. Newhook probably go back in the trade. Beck likely our 3rd line center.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
So we are apparently still in on Zegras, which if true tells us Hughes must think the guy is okay character wise.

If we were to get Zegras our top 6 in a ⁷ß couple years would be composed of Caufield, Suzuki , Slaf, Dach , Zegras and Demidov. Third line maybe Newhook, Beck and Xhekaj. Fourth I dunno.

What do you think of that top 6. My guess is Guhle or A. Xheraj plus would be going the other way. Again, I love Xheraj and so him being traded isn't something I'm good with, but ise Zegras that good ? Will Zegras show up postseason ?
Yeah, where did you see that KH is still on Zegras?
I'd be surprised if that was the case. He said it wouldn't make sense to trade for a duplicate after drafting Demidov.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I don t think Ceci should be a condition to dropping Holloway, from what I understand they played him on the bottom pair and are fine with him.

NSH has added a lot cap via FA and are close to the ceiling. Hence saving 1m on a bottom 6F could make sense for them

NYR has enough room but moving Kakko could open the possibility for a more useful veteran in win now mode

Regardless of Byfield I don t think they have a room for Kaliyev right now or that they are fully convinced in him.

Looking at Necas, you likely should look at Dubois comparable : 2nd + Kupari + Iafallo + Vilardi. Habs don t have a Iafallo equivalent but I d say an equivalent offer would be 2nd + Kidney + Harris + Mailloux (depending on how high people are on Mailloux) ?

For the long shots, I am not sure Mercer is as untouchable as some think. He did not have a great season last year and NJD has already dropped Holtz who was drafted the same year as him signalling they are in win now mode.

Buy low draft pedigree, in a rebuild mode you have the opportunity to take those chances

Buy low draft pedigree, in a rebuild mode you have the opportunity to take those chances

Just heard Pagnotta say that the Oilers are not done and are looking for a 4-5D.

I think David Savard could be a good option for them.
Taking back Ceci might not be a condition but could provide enough motivation for the Oilers to part with Holloway.
David Savard at 50% vs Ceci saves them 1.5M under the cap and they are currently 350K over, with only 21 players on the roster.

Reactions: DAChampion

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Just heard Pagnotta say that the Oilers are not done and are looking for a 4-5D.

Taking back Ceci might not be a condition but could provide enough motivation for the Oilers to part with Holloway.
David Savard at 50% vs Ceci saves them 1.5M under the cap and they are currently 350K over, with only 21 players on the roster.
yeah buddy , Oilers are not giving Holloway to ''upgrade'' from Ceci for Savard

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

They don’t have much to give but I’d be open to it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'll say it again but I'd love to get my hands on Poulin. He's been stifled by injuries, mental health and roster decisions but I'm sure he's going to be a very good 4th liner. He's from Québec, the Poulin history and he's a big kid with skills and a chip on his should PLUS he's probably worth nothing. What's the catch? I wish they gave these guys a shot instead of the Dadonovs, the Pearson's and co.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah, where did you see that KH is still on Zegras?
I'd be surprised if that was the case. He said it wouldn't make sense to trade for a duplicate after drafting Demidov.
Based on the perception that Zegras is not a player his own GM likes I get the feeling that alot of GM's are not too keen on grabbing a player who seems to be one dimensional. Why would a two time 60 point scorer not be wanted by his team?

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Holloway has 9G and 9A in 89 NHL games. He hasn't proved he can even play in the NHL just yet.
Like many prospects and draft picks, and yet they have value.
Not great numbers, i'll admit, but he's shown flashes. If he had better numbers, he wouldn't be available. Maybe he's not anyway.

I guess it depends on what they think his upside still is.

Reactions: themilosh

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I would look into signing Boris Katchouk, decent size might not have much upside other than 4th liner but he is represented by Octagon which also represents Rantanen, Draisaitl and Laine…

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Absolutely no need for Zegras when we just drafted Demidov and Hage. If you include Lane Hutson from the backend, we just significantly improved level of pure offensive skill.
2024-25 Hutson makes the team
2025-26 Demidov
2026-27 Hage plus 2025 1st round pick

Reactions: HabzSauce

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Based on the perception that Zegras is not a player his own GM likes I get the feeling that alot of GM's are not too keen on grabbing a player who seems to be one dimensional. Why would a two time 60 point scorer not be wanted by his team?
Something just seems off there eh...............although people were saying Verbeek was not happy with the way negotiations went down with the kids agent, so it may not be the player at all, just circumstances.

Most Ducks fans do not want the kid gone. And they certainly do not have cap issues.
I think Hughes is looking elsewhere now.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad