HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
8vvkqb.jpg

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Habs can again weaponize cap space. They need $4M to fill out the roster With wifi , Barron and a forward. It they trade a player and retain they can add a couple million. A few teams have cap issues. Would oilers have us take on Ceci? any other opportunities ?

this is not a thread hijack!

I like the idea, but wouldn't Ceci just get in the way of an already crowded D, and just impede progress of say a Harris, Barron, or even Hutson?

Wouldn't these kind of moves make more sense at the TDL?

Last edited:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Here's an idea, would you trade Reinbacher for Byfield? Tough trade but I think I would pull the trigger.

Can you imagine this forward lineup??

Byfield-Dach-Demidov
Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovski
Newhook-Hage-Roy
Tuch-Beck-Xhekaj

Would just need another top pairing RD.

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Here's an idea, would you trade Reinbacher for Byfield? Tough trade but I think I would pull the trigger.

Byfield-Dach-Demidov
Newhook-Hage-Roy
Tuch-Beck-Xhekaj

No because I haven't even seen what Reinbacher looks like in the NHL yet. Think it's way too soon to move on a dman with the characteristics he has.

Fairly confident we'll see him get some games in the NHL at some point next season. Nemec, Jiricek, Korchinski, and Mintuykov were all top 10 picks in the 2022 draft and all played 45+ games last season.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I dont get the obsession with Askarov. Ok, he's a very good prospect, but MTL needs are not in goal. Assets would be better used to aquire top 6 talent or physical RD
Not a huge fan of askarov. Id rather our goalies and save the assets to target forwards

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023

Byfield-Dach-Demidov
Newhook-Hage-Roy
Tuch-Beck-Xhekaj

You can just OS him and keep Reiny

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I don't think Laine gets traded until he gets out of the assistance program. Teams can't talk to him while he's in the program, and if you're going to acquire Laine, you want to make sure he's going to want to play for your team.

Reactions: Andy and Kosseca

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don't talk about it????lol.....You are the one making up crap and you rightfully got called out on it

So what you are really saying/asking is that you want to make ridiculous claims on a public message board and not be questioned for doing so. You claim that the entire management team and Suzuki want Laine without a shred of evidence and nobody should challenge you on that.....you are basically cheating at solitaire lol.

Nah, It's just cheap talk surrounding us possibly trading for Laine and you are going all crazy with it.

Next year, Suzuki will be starting his D+9.

Dach will be starting his D+7, all in the NHL.

Matheson will probably be there too.

Suzuki is a good leader for a young player. Dach has to play games and he's not on Suzuki's level yet.
Matheson doesn't provide leadership like Gallagher and Savard but he can help a bit I guess.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Perfect, should be fairly easy to snipe from Briere

Any of our dead weight should get it done. Gotta make torts happy
oh yeah? who? Armia, Dvo, Anderson or Gallagher? Maybe Evans can get you a 4th tops and Pez, well.... Also, I do believe RHP will be a lock for the bottom 6 for a long time.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Winnipeg is in trouble. They lost every player they were after. They are in still in win mode. Help them out and take Mcgroot in return.

Camsn Kent, wake up

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Winnipeg is in trouble. They lost every player they were after. They are in still in win mode. Help them out and take Mcgroot in return.

Camsn Kent, wake up
When he was drafted skating was noted as an issue in scouting reports that I saw, how is his skating now ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not a huge fan of askarov. Id rather our goalies and save the assets to target forwards

The challenge if you trade for Askarov is what do you send? Are we sending Primeau in the trade package? If not, you end up with Monty, Askarov, Primeau. I guess Askarov is still waivers exempt this year?

Habs want to compete so they likely keep Monty. A better plan would be to flip Monty and ride with Primeau/Askarov over the next 2/3 years while we get more top 5 or top 10 picks because the D is also still young and I doubt our team D can turn the needle that quickly.

Not sure how good Askarov will be. Price to acquire will be high due to pedigree. I really like how Primeau looked last year.... in NHL games.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yep. ideal scenario would be to get a top 4 RHD already in his prime to stabilize the D. If Kent can somehow switch Matheson for an equivalent,but more defensively sounded RHD, it would be great.
Dobson is the dream but a guy like Lesce, Marino could have worked really well. Next year there's Ekblad and Larsson that have expiring contracts.
Not for us. We would want Ehlers' expiring contract, too, if we can extend him.
I don't believe Matheson owns that much value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad