HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I could see Kane going on LTIR as his hips are messed up right now

If he needs the hip surgery that Kane got he's definitely out at least 6-8 months. Kane is the only player who had that surgery that was able to come back. Everyone was forced to LTIRetirement, so we definitely need to stay away.

If Edmonton's plan is to LTIR him then they still have $2.67m to maximize his LTIR. Plus, they can go 10% over the cap during summer.

They can sign both Holloway & Broberg at $1m, put Kane on LTIR during training camp, and they play the year with no cap space. It becomes an issue if Kane is ready to play by February of next year.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Still lots of time before training camp starts, but I'll be surprised if we don't add a Top 6 forward somehow by the time training camp rolls around. We really do need to bolster our 2nd line in the short term to make our team more competitive. I don't think it's sufficient if we use Anderson, RHP, or Gallagher in that spot, and I don't think Roy is ready for a Top 6 role (he may be suited more to a 3rd line role down the line to me, anyways).

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
IMG_9508.gif

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Gallagher has gotten every single opportunity in the world to try and produce for the last handful of years. PP minutes, quality teammates, extra attacker mins, top 6 mins etc... you name it and he could barely produce.

His stats (abominable as it is) are inflated due to his preferential treatment. He's slow and can't keep up with plays, his offensive decision making is none existant, team worst +/-. He takes dumb penalties over and over without any repurcussions.

I'm not sure if he deserves to be in the lineup. All I see is someone who's hanging on due to favoritism by our coaching staff.

Fine, send him home. He either plays in AHL or he can stay home.
Bro he has a nmc can’t send to ahl . Not favoritism just contractual

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Still lots of time before training camp starts, but I'll be surprised if we don't add a Top 6 forward somehow by the time training camp rolls around. We really do need to bolster our 2nd line in the short term to make our team more competitive. I don't think it's sufficient if we use Anderson, RHP, or Gallagher in that spot, and I don't think Roy is ready for a Top 6 role (he may be suited more to a 3rd line role down the line to me, anyways).

Like you said, still time before next season, but there are some players still on the market : zegras, Necas, Laine, etc. and some team with cap problem that may yeild for trade opportunities. Also, wondering about arbitration if some team may be pushed into cap problem.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
If he needs the hip surgery that Kane got he's definitely out at least 6-8 months. Kane is the only player who had that surgery that was able to come back. Everyone was forced to LTIRetirement, so we definitely need to stay away.

If Edmonton's plan is to LTIR him then they still have $2.67m to maximize his LTIR. Plus, they can go 10% over the cap during summer.

They can sign both Holloway & Broberg at $1m, put Kane on LTIR during training camp, and they play the year with no cap space. It becomes an issue if Kane is ready to play by February of next year.
Holloway and broberg are not signing for $1m. The will demote a Ryan and maybe trade a McLeod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad