Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I guess we'll see. Gaglardi was getting $20 million per season from Bally's. My guess is the other options on the table won't hit half that number, which is why the Stars were clinging to Bally's as long as they could.

It's also why Bally is now bankrupt

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
If they do an actual free app I'll watch almost every game. Watching regular season games has been too much of a PITA the last few years so I haven't bothered to watch that many.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Savoie to Edmonton for scraps sheeeesh. Kevyn Adams is atrocious.

EDIT: OK maybe not scraps and they do require a 3C, but trading a kid with a high ceiling for someone who has already reached theirs as a 3C seems like an overpay

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
The overheard of running it themselves is going to probably be the biggest hurdle. I don't think there's that much money in the broadcasting rights as everyone thinks there is, which is why Bally struggled. Bally's ad revenue must have been absolutely ass, and there was no way they could charge more than they were for the service without massively impacting their viewer base.

EDIT: OK maybe not scraps and they do require a 3C, but trading a kid with a high ceiling for someone how has already reached theirs as a 3C seems like an overpay

I mean, in 2-3 years we can really judge this.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

EDIT: OK maybe not scraps and they do require a 3C, but trading a kid with a high ceiling for someone who has already reached theirs as a 3C seems like an overpay

Just crazy. Buffalo has a ton of forward prospects but just giving them away for depth pieces is a less than ideal way to use them.

I assume they're thinking McLeod is a guy with potential stuck behind McDavid and Draisaitl but damn if I'm Buffalo I'm trying to move Savoie for a guy like Laine or someone proven.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Just crazy. Buffalo has a ton of forward prospects but just giving them away for depth pieces is a less than ideal way to use them.

I assume they're thinking McLeod is a guy with potential stuck behind McDavid and Draisaitl but damn if I'm Buffalo I'm trying to move Savoie for a guy like Laine or someone proven.

McLeod, who got to play wing for Draisatl (31 points in 25 games), managed to muster a whopping 4 points in 24 playoff games.

I am not the biggest Savoie fan, but this is one of the worst traded I have seen value-wise. Savoie is a 9th overall pick who's done nothing but put up points in the WHL. He could be a Zuccarello-type winger for Draisatl.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I know we're set on D, and Bischel is a possibility, but I wouldn't mind looking into Kylington. He looked like a legit 3/4 Dman in Calgary before he had his struggles with mental health. Came back last year and didn't look out of place. Could be a solid PMD for the 3rd line

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I hope calgary is bad so the Stars can pick up Andersson.

Also should try and take a flyer on Daniel Sprong.

Also the Stars are no longer short on draft capital, they don't have their 2nd this year but otherwise they have assets

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Not at all. Sabres have five players like Savoie in their system. They need a player like McLeod in their current lineup.Don't know much about Tullo but judging by hos numbers in the OHL and in Bakersfield it looks like he plays a heavier game than Savoie; something Buffalo is missing.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Awesome news

Would be even better if it came with a new announcing duo but I'm sure Razor and Josh will be back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad