HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah, you hear all the excitement with our young NHL players and in our prospect pool and then some fans say, they are going to get disgruntled. The only disgruntledness going on is fans thinking we will rise faster than expected and then trying to connect that to what the players are feeling.

If Dach had the season most of us thought he would, where would that put us last year? Would we have even traded Monahan? It's very possible our pick would have been 8-12 range in this last draft and we are talking about a difference of 76 pts vs 87. 3-5 wins over 82 games.

Last year was a little step forward. We were not blown out in as many games as the season prior. Lots of 1 goal games which shows we are on the cusp of moving up.

My guess is we are picking 10-15 range in next year's draft.
Same…..and yes, Dach in the lineup is good for at least 8pts in the standings.

10-15 is a realistic range.

If we lucky, playoffs, if we are unlucky, 7-8-9th place

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I can't see anyone interested in Dvorak at this time of year.

Disagree. Lots of teams would like to improve their 3C spot and have better faceoff strength. One year left which is ideal now. Nobody is going to line-up to desperately trade for him but it's not on the zero interest side of things either.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Disagree. Lots of teams would like to improve their 3C spot and have better faceoff strength. One year left which is ideal now. Nobody is going to line-up to desperately trade for him but it's not on the zero interest side of things either.
The way Dvorak has played the last two seasons, he doesn't really fill the need you are describing. Maybe he shows that he can be that guy by playing well in the first 3rd of this upcoming season. But, given his performance the last two years, I can't see any interest in him right now. He hasn't been good.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Same…..and yes, Dach in the lineup is good for at least 8pts in the standings.

10-15 is a realistic range.

If we lucky, playoffs, if we are unlucky, 7-8-9th place

You never know. Our D is still on the young side so I'll say we don't get in the playoffs. But I feel we will move up a bit. How much is difficult to know.

Heading into last year, I said our pick would be 8-12 range. Heck, in middle of Feb, we had the 8th pick (without Dach and I believe Monahan was traded early Feb).

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
With Roy on one side and Anderson who should find his game back on the other side should equate to strong performances and points in the stat column for ol Dvo

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The way Dvorak has played the last two seasons, he doesn't really fill the need you are describing. Maybe he shows that he can be that guy by playing well in the first 3rd of this upcoming season. But, given his performance the last two years, I can't see any interest in him right now. He hasn't been good.

It's a supply/demand league. There are not that many available trusted guys at C. It's not a long list looking to trade for him but it's also not a zero list of teams either. Truth is in the middle.

With Roy on one side and Anderson who should find his game back on the other side should equate to strong performances and points in the stat column for ol Dvo

Health and stable spots in the line-up will help a lot of players IMO. Got to have stability up the middle as the first step. Loosing Dach in game 2 created ripple effects. Newhook is not a full time center (Trust Sakic on this one if anybody don't believe me).

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You never know. Our D is still on the young side so I'll say we don't get in the playoffs. But I feel we will move up a bit. How much is difficult to know.

Heading into last year, I said our pick would be 8-12 range. Heck, in middle of Feb, we had the 8th pick (without Dach and I believe Monahan was traded early Feb).
Ya, that’s why I specified luck lol

I don’t think so either though, just like I don’t think we finish bellow 10.

My prediction last year was a 9-13 finish

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ya, that’s why I specified luck lol

I don’t think so either though, just like I don’t think we finish bellow 10.

My prediction last year was a 9-13 finish

Maybe we are a year behind with our predictions. It's a win/win situation for me.

* If we move up and fight for the playoffs but still miss, we at least see signs of our roster's potential.
* If we stay bottom 5-10, we get another solid lottery shot and/or top 10 pick.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
MSL needs to give Dvorak, Gallagher and Anderson the Armia treatment. It is important to show the young players that everyone is accountable. If he does it and it lights a fire under them it will increase the odds that Hughes can trade one or all three of them to contending teams.

Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MSL needs to give Dvorak, Gallagher and Anderson the Armia treatment. It is important to show the young players that everyone is accountable. If he does it and it lights a fire under them it will increase the odds that Hughes can trade one or all three of them to contending teams.
he wont, not to Gally or anderson I bet. though I agree with you

what boat anchors they have

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Dvork and Gallagher will not get waived because they don’t deserve it. Anderson… oh boy, I can’t see Hughes allowing it.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Armia was the easy target. They don't have the balls to do this to Dumb Donkey and Gallagher. Both of them deserved to be sent down as much as Armia and I find it frustrating that the other two deadbeats were not held to the same standard.

The preferential treatment of some of our players is ridiculous and infuriating. One of my biggest gripe I have against MSL. There's never any consequences to the veterans lackluster play.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Armia was the easy target. They don't have the balls to do this to Dumb Donkey and Gallagher. Both of them deserved to be sent down as much as Armia and I find it frustrating that the other two deadbeats were not held to the same standard.

The preferential treatment of some of our players is ridiculous and infuriating. One of my biggest gripe I have against MSL. There's never any consequences to the veterans lackluster play.
That's literally every single coach in the league. They rely on their vets.

I also don't think Gallagher was that bad. Obviously he isn't worth the contract, but he still goes out and plays hard. He's just broken and won't ever be the 30 goal scorer that he used to be. He can still contribute to the team, though.

I agree with Anderson though. I liked him up until last year so maybe it was just an off-year but yikes...

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Dvork and Gallagher will not get waived because they don’t deserve it. Anderson… oh boy, I can’t see Hughes allowing it.
I'm not suggesting waivers for these guys but time in the pressbox if they aren't producing, especially Dvorak and Anderson. Gallagher does actually give AF but father time and his style of play have taken a toll.

I forgot that Armia was on waivers and although that won't happen for the three players mentioned it is very easy to scratch them from the lineup for lackluster effort and this really applies to Anderson and Dvorak. In the case of CD, he looks like he doesn't want to be here and has been a big disappointment. When we got him there were posts from Coyote fans praising his play and we haven't seen that guy.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Guys Hughes traded Hoffman for assets , if he can trade guy he can trade anyone.

Well Gallagher can’t be sent down . As simple as that.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Gallagher ended the year good i know he has a horrible contract but the effort is still there

Anderson needs to gfto ship him to Laval for all i care he shows zero passion he was ass all year

Reactions: OldCraig71

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
That's literally every single coach in the league. They rely on their vets.

I also don't think Gallagher was that bad. Obviously he isn't worth the contract, but he still goes out and plays hard. He's just broken and won't ever be the 30 goal scorer that he used to be. He can still contribute to the team, though.

I agree with Anderson though. I liked him up until last year so maybe it was just an off-year but yikes...
Gallagher has gotten every single opportunity in the world to try and produce for the last handful of years. PP minutes, quality teammates, extra attacker mins, top 6 mins etc... you name it and he could barely produce.

His stats (abominable as it is) are inflated due to his preferential treatment. He's slow and can't keep up with plays, his offensive decision making is none existant, team worst +/-. He takes dumb penalties over and over without any repurcussions.

I'm not sure if he deserves to be in the lineup. All I see is someone who's hanging on due to favoritism by our coaching staff.

Gallagher can’t be sent down . As simple as that.
Fine, send him home. He either plays in AHL or he can stay home.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gallagher has gotten every single opportunity in the world to try and produce for the last handful of years. PP minutes, quality teammates, extra attacker mins, top 6 mins etc... you name it and he could barely produce.

His stats (abominable as it is) are inflated due to his preferential treatment. He's slow and can't keep up with plays, his offensive decision making is none existant, team worst +/-. He takes dumb penalties over and over without any repurcussions.

I'm not sure if he deserves to be in the lineup. All I see is someone who's hanging on due to favoritism by our coaching staff.

Amen brother. Sit both "vets" in the stands and let's see them be actual good vets. Gallagher is spending time in Acapulco instead of training, you can't be this gassed after 2p seconds and be an elite athlete. Anderson is just collecting pay checks. Sit them in the press box.

Reactions: OldCraig71 and the

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020

Despite his bad season, Gally finished with 16 goals. I'll take that every year until the end of his contract. Play him on the bottom 6, let him be a vet presence on the bench and locker room.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Habs have $30M+ to play with next summer, get on the Draisaitl train

Not sure why you said half of what’s in your post, not once did I suggest signing anyone this off-season

If the Oilers had been torched in the first or second round, maybe, But they were just 2 goals away from a cup

I'm sure he doesn't even make to free agency and signs another contract during the season. Crosby would be fantastic too, but he's an extremely loyal player

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I loathe Dvorak but since he PKs, it makes it harder to let go of him. Suzuki/Dvorak/Evans/Armia are our only forward PKers. You'd think 11 million for Anderson/Gallagher would mean at least one of them can either PK or play on the PP but nope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad