HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The Nashville Predators have received numerous calls on goalie Yaroslav Askarov in the last 24 hours in the wake of the Juuse Saros extension news. The Preds are willing to move him but have set a high price they feel is warranted. Nashville would like to move into the top 5 of the first round tonight via an Askarov trade. So far there hasn’t been a fit. But the Preds will keep talking to teams.

Lebrun

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
To Anaheim:
1st round pick 2024 (5OA)
1st round pick 2024 (21OA)

To Montreal:
1st round pick 2024 (3OA)

If Demidov is there at 3.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
So to kick this thread into the Demidov-era, I think it's only appropriate to begin with some wildly optimistic speculation on who fits where:

Demidov-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Caufield-Dach-Newhook
Hage-Beck-Roy
Xhekaj-Kapanen-XXXX

Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Struble
(Harris, Barron)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The Demidov selection makes me comfortable saying we have all the key assets in place to build a legitimate cup contender.

I'd personally take a flyer on Laine if the price is reasonable. He would fit in well on the top 6 and I think the timing is right if you think you can keep him in Montréal long term.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Wouldn't be surprised if we trade for McGroot tomorrow
or even get a player like Laine .

We really need a top 6 forward for this upcoming season .
I also expect Hugues to move 1 of our bottom 6 scrap and maybe 2 to give some spots for the kids

I don't mind giving 2nd picks next year or a late 1st to get rid of a player like Anderson. Time to throw the leftovers of barginbin and start a new era

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The Nashville Predators have received numerous calls on goalie Yaroslav Askarov in the last 24 hours in the wake of the Juuse Saros extension news. The Preds are willing to move him but have set a high price they feel is warranted. Nashville would like to move into the top 5 of the first round tonight via an Askarov trade. So far there hasn’t been a fit. But the Preds will keep talking to teams.

Lebrun
I feel like the Preds have been trying to move into the top of the draft, every year the last 3 years, by dangling Askarov.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wouldn't be surprised if we trade for McGroot tomorrow
or even get a player like Laine .

We really need a top 6 forward for this upcoming season .
I also expect Hugues to move 1 of our bottom 6 scrap and maybe 2 to give some spots for the kids

I don't mind giving 2nd picks next year or a late 1st to get rid of a player like Anderson. Time to throw the leftovers of barginbin and start a new era
McGroarty is really the only thing that Hughes should look into. I doubt we do anything else. Let Hutson/Reinbacher/Mailloux gain more experience and Demidov will have another year in Russia. Dvorak/Armia/Petry/Allen will be off the books and we can look at adding some serious pieces. I'm sure a team would be interested in Anderson at 50% retained, and a Gally buy out next year would have a cap hit of 1.75 for 3/4 years with a cap hit of 4.25 in that second year.
Man, chances are probably pretty low now..but if we can find a way to add McGroarty to our young core..
Chevy isn't one to settle on value, so McGroarty would likely cost something like Mailloux. I could have seen Hughes entertaining it if Demidov/Lindstrom didn't make it to us, but now he's probably not as desperate. It's tough to give up on Mailloux's size/skating/tools combo as much as I like McGroarty. Roy could be someone of interest to them, but it would be really hard to not wait and see what Roy does before trading him.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad