HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
We don't know who's the roster player, and I personally don't have Lindstrom top 10 because of injury risk.

Only way I'd say no is if Demidov is still there (I think he won't be).

I'd trade down max to #12.

I have #3-12 almost in the same tier.

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Dickinson
4. Buium
5. Levshunov
6. Iginla
7. Connolly
8. Yakemchuk
9. Sennecke
10. Eiserman

HM: Parekh, Catton
Where is Lindstrom.

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Matheson is worth more than a late first as he is on a great contract and will be very good for the next 3-5 years. He is worth more than a Monahan rental which netted us a late first. He absolutely is a 1st pairing dman (annoying designation), maybe not a true #1 on a contender but certainly playing second string to such a defender as his partner.

The only dman who is even comparable as a skater is Makar and Matheson is bigger and more physical. He is an absolutely elite skater and PMD and it would undoubtedly take more than a late 1st to acquire him and his team friendly contract. Every single team in the NHL would want him and the bidding would easily net us two premium assets if not more.

Throwing in Beck who is likely worth a mid first rounder and the 26th overall pick is just horrendous asset management when the return is an 18 year old sixth overall pick who could easily flop.

Hard to decide which of Matheson’s, Beck’s or #26 OA’s value you overestimate the most here… Mentioning Matheson and Makar in the same sentence is heresy; the former is a second pairing D at best on a good team. Beck has yet to significantly raise his value from his original draft position (#33 OA) and a late first is meh.

Basically, if such an underwhelming package (second pairing D; bottom/middle-6 C prospect and a late 1st) is all it would take to pry away a #6 OA pick, it would happen yearly.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Not there, DND in that range because of the back for me... Probably at 13-15 the drop in talent would make the risk worth it.
Michou, remembering that you are a physician, what do you think of the stem cell therapy that I brought up earlier? Can they reconstruct something that approaches an unherniated disc? It seems available in the US already. This would be some player, with a normal spine... Might actually suggest this treatment preemptively.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
If Florida are dumping ekblad for cheap that could be a good reclamation project for us. We're weak as hell at RD. He was still Florida's #1 d at ES. Big upgrade on savard/kovacevic. If he rebounds an extension isn't out of the question as he's only 28.
He'd fit in really well here because he's always injured!

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Michou, remembering that you are a physician, what do you think of the stem cell therapy that I brought up earlier? Can they reconstruct something that approaches an unherniated disc? It seems available in the US already. This would be some player, with a normal spine... Might actually suggest this treatment preemptively.
I am an ER physician, so unfortunately can't chime in on those emergent therapies... I have not seen yet any patient that benefited from a reconstructed organ/tissues from stem cell research in my practice, but I can't guarantee it does not exists! For herniated discs, most of the time people get conservative treatments (physio, painkillers, infiltrations, etc.) or spinal fusions if the go with surgeries, but I heard of artificial disks (like Eichel for his neck), which are still pretty uncommon.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Saros extended. Really not sure what Nashville is doing, can’t commit to a direction. Also not sure how Askarov will get a chance as the starter anytime soon.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I am an ER physician, so unfortunately can't chime in on those emergent therapies... I have not seen yet any patient that benefited from a reconstructed organ/tissues from stem cell research in my practice, but I can't guarantee it does not exists! For herniated discs, most of the time people get conservative treatments (physio, painkillers, infiltrations, etc.) or spinal fusions if the go with surgeries, but I heard of artificial disks (like Eichel for his neck), which are still pretty uncommon.
I cited an NC practice earlier that specializes in stem cell treatment, so maybe it's possible now to rebuild the annulus fibrosus. Seems farfetched, but that's the current landscape, especially in the US. Exciting times to work in healthcare. I already weighed in about artificial disc replacement, but this stem cell approach could be used preemptively. Get your spine ready for the season :skeptic:!

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
I did stem cells in NYC in April from fat tissue for my shoulders. No positive results.

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
If Florida are dumping ekblad for cheap that could be a good reclamation project for us. We're weak as hell at RD. He was still Florida's #1 d at ES. Big upgrade on savard/kovacevic. If he rebounds an extension isn't out of the question as he's only 28.
Don't think Ekblad waives his NMC to play for a bottom 5 team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad