HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Why do we have to be a better team right now? Did we barely miss the playoffs last year? Are we contending now?

We're currently in the middle of a rebuild. Sure, we're coming out of it here soon. But how does a 30 year old Mike Matheson help us win the Stanley Cup right now.

The only reason Mike Matheson plays 25 minutes a game for a team in the NHL, PK included, is because he's on one of the only teams that has the youngers/most inexperienced D core in the league. That's it.

The point of rebuilding isn't to improve the team in the present day. As. I mentioned way back in this thread, we traded Lehkonen, Toffoli, Monahan twice, Edmundson, etc because they were older players that helped the rebuild. But we can't trade Mike Matheson because we need to finish 8th last instead of 5th last.

Make it make sense.
What does "This Team Showed US Something" mean to you? I believe it was Jeff Gorton who actually said it.

A) We are looking to move players who just had a career year to continue the rebuild even if it makes us weaker?
B) We are happy to tread water for another season the future is bright.
C) We will look at every opportunity to make the team better providing it doesn't mortgage the future.

One of these answers is almost what was said verbatim by Kent Hughes.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Jaynki

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Teravainen back to UFA.

Chicago having calls and telling teams they are keeping the pick

Utah, who has no defenseman under contract, is in the marker for a defenseman. I mean, who have seen this coming?

The insider are killing it.

Might as well dig into what SJ will do with their 1st pick at this point

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
ahhhhhh

thanks, well that makes sense to. show your main guys habs want to win.
make the jump with a move to this degree
Exactly, being in a "winning" environment is part of developing a strong team - even if you don't make the playoffs this year the team has to keep improving. Moving a guy that helps you do that for another young player that lacks experience will likely keep you in the basement and is demoralizing for the other players...I would keep Matheson until the last year of his deal let the guys develop and take their time. I don't see Matheson regressing in the next couple of years. We need players like him. If someone steps up and surprises as often happens with injuries then maybe you can afford to move him early. Haven't seen that yet...

Reactions: jrom and Rapala

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm hearing somethings

Expect a few buyout tomorrow. Trying to track down names now. I'm just sitting on my ass not doing anything except wondering why the weather is acting like a woman. Bright and sunny, then a hard down pour, then chill again

Teams are looking to move up in the draft. Everything remains fluid. With that said, don't forget to fill up on blinker fluid, you don't want to be a dbag who doesn't use your indicators !

Teams that are low on something, like few dmen, or goalies will look to add those via trade, or free agency.

Expect about 32 picks to be made Friday night

The movie 101 dalmatians has like 70 dogs in it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah it's really boring so far in the last 2 days, I was expecting more trades with only 48 hours now before the draft.
Not me there will be trades on draft day when a team's favorite is unexpectedly still on the board.
Go ahead and draft Leshunov ya bunch of dummies. :laugh:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I'm hearing somethings

Expect a few buyout tomorrow. Trying to track down names now. I'm just sitting on my ass not doing anything except wondering why the weather is acting like a woman. Bright and sunny, then a hard down pour, then chill again

Teams are looking to move up in the draft. Everything remains fluid. With that said, don't forget to fill up on blinker fluid, you don't want to be a dbag who doesn't use your indicators !

Teams that are low on something, like few dmen, or goalies will look to add those via trade, or free agency.

Bookmarked!

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The situation isnt the same. Trading those guys with no other young options left a big hole for them, That isnt the case now.

They have a surplus of guys on the left and its possible they intend to take of of the big LD in the draft.
It is exactly the same. They would be stupid to make the same mistake three times.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
LOL if it's us it ain't happening unless Carolina back down on their demands Hughes won't add. :laugh:
Gotta figure getting the player signed to a decent contract for both sides will also be tricky.
Lebrun speculated it's Buffalo that really wants Necas and might dangle 11th overall + something else.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I'm hearing somethings

Sir. Where do I sign on to your newsletter?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I'm hearing somethings

Is this Engels?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad