HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Would probably be to ease Savard to a rotational depth piece.

But they also mentioned that they are looking for short term help at forward with some jam and bite. So much for Marty, Hughes and Gorton wanting a soft team.
I don’t think anyone is saying they “want” a soft team, just that it was a common theme with Gorton in NYR.

The lack of grit and physicality should have been addressed in the off season in my opinion. Happy to hear that they are attempting to address it now, however.

Jul 6, 2016
Is Cale Fleury NHL caliber player still ? Habs need a RHD, and they are very rare. Fleury plays at AHL level right now but he is still young enough. And we know he is physical.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don’t think anyone is saying they “want” a soft team, just that it was a common theme with Gorton in NYR.

The lack of grit and physicality should have been addressed in the off season in my opinion. Happy to hear that they are attempting to address it now, however.

Yet it wasn't a common theme in the Bruins team that he helped build and they've talked about it many times that they want to have a team that is tough to play against, in many respects.. and they have been drafting guys who fit that archetype.

They haven't been in a place yet to specifically target UFAs or do a lot of buying, but Friedman just reported they were looking for some short term help with some jam and bite.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yet it wasn't a common theme in the Bruins team that he helped build and they've talked about it many times that they want to have a team that is tough to play against, in many respects.. and they have been drafting guys who fit that archetype.

They haven't been in a place yet to specifically target UFAs or do a lot of buying, but Friedman just reported they were looking for some short term help with some jam and bite.
Luckily there’s a limit to how they weigh "compete" because Bergevin had no limit. Hughes/Gorton still picked Demidov where I think Bergevin probably takes Iginla.

Also looking forward to see who they add for the toughness. I have a feeling it will be better than the waiver fodder that Bergevin would buy (Ott, Martinsen, etc)

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Luckily there’s a limit to how they weigh "compete" because Bergevin had no limit. Hughes/Gorton still picked Demidov where I think Bergevin probably takes Iginla.

Also looking forward to see who they add for the toughness. I have a feeling it will be better than the waiver fodder that Bergevin would buy (Ott, Martinsen, etc)

I'm curious to see it too.. the way we know if we have a top 5 management team or just a top half management team is if they can correctly identify an underappreciated asset with those skills in another organization.

Reactions: le_sean

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Mathieu Olivier would be my target, he seems perfect for what HuGo has in mind. The Jackets seem to like him a lot but it's the last year on his current deal and they might not have much of a chance to keep him around. I'd be willing to be pretty generous offer wise, I think he'd fit real well in our lineup and at 27 he'd be young enough to try and keep for a few seasons longer. I really think he's worth the gamble.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Mathieu Olivier would be my target, he seems perfect for what HuGo has in mind. The Jackets seem to like him a lot but it's the last year on his current deal and they might not have much of a chance to keep him around. I'd be willing to be pretty generous offer wise, I think he'd fit real well in our lineup and at 27 he'd be young enough to try and keep for a few seasons longer.
He’d also be a target of mine. But I’d wait for him to have a few pointless games in a row because I wouldn’t want a massive overpay like when Jeannot randomly had a great season in Nashville.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He’d also be a target of mine. But I’d wait for him to have a few pointless games in a row because I wouldn’t want a massive overpay like when Jeannot randomly had a great season in Nashville.
Like I said, I'd be willing to be pretty generous, although not to the degree of the Jeannot trade, that's for sure :laugh: We've got a ton of picks and young B level assets, we could work something out to the Jackets liking without hurting our pool too much IMO. One of Heineman/Farrell/Roy, plus a second rounder for exemple, something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad