HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We have heard the rumour of us looking for a top 4RHD. Not sure that makes sense to me. So are we dropping or trading one of Matheson or Guhle ? Savard who is working well with Hutson be dropped to bottom pair ? Why would we drop Savard to bottom pair ? So then one of Struble or Xhekaj gone ? I mean getting Rasmus Andersson is one thing , but getting Not much of an upgrade over Savard makes no sense, and moving Matheson right now doesn't seem like something Hughes would do.

Would probably be to ease Savard to a rotational depth piece.

But they also mentioned that they are looking for short term help at forward with some jam and bite. So much for Marty, Hughes and Gorton wanting a soft team.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

But they also mentioned that they are looking for short term help at forward with some jam and bite. So much for Marty, Hughes and Gorton wanting a soft team.
And then the conspiracies will start that they only want that forward so that they can bench and/or trade Xhekaj because they secretly hate him.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
So Kovacevic can play on a better team but he couldn't play on a bottom feeder. Yeah, that makes sense. He has 2nd line minutes with the Devils. Here he rotated in and out of the lineup.
Big D like Kova good for taking away passing lanes. Most goals come off east-west passes. Over long period of time should have solid plus/minus.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

I'll believe it when I see it. And I am fearful that while they are talking about "not mortgaging the future" that Arbs is a potential piece they will sacrify because, you know... he is not a rookie anymore. And there are many teams and coaches who can truly appreciate what Arbs can bring to the team. If you are the other team and have a nice depth forward "with edge", who do you want back? Dvorak?

Last edited:
Reactions: HabzSauce

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
That big bottom-6 player with jam issue probably should've been taken care of in the offseason.

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That big bottom-6 player with jam issue probably should've been taken care of in the offseason.
They have one in Tuch and another with Davidson, I don't think they're agreeing with the vision of the club very much. Or they're just too afraid to waive some vets, which is bizarre since they did it last season.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
At deadline Might get a first for Evans and Armia combined. Good penalty killing unit for playoff team. Call up Beck and Roy.
Evans is a glue guy worth keeping. He's barely older than the core and there's no guarantee any of our center prospects overtake his capabilities as a 4C. We made that mistake with Eller and everyone celebrated getting two seconds who turned into nothing while Larry Love scored a cup winning goal.

Although I guess one of the seconds traded down and got Harris who was traded for a 40 goal scorer. (Sarcasm).

Still upset about Eller tbh. Would absolutely sign him for two years this summer.

• Love
Reactions: overlords and Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Evans is a glue guy worth keeping. He's barely older than the core and there's no guarantee any of our center prospects overtake his capabilities as a 4C. We made that mistake with Eller and everyone celebrated getting two seconds who turned into nothing while Larry Love scored a cup winning goal.

Although I guess one of the seconds traded down and got Harris who was traded for a 40 goal scorer. (Sarcasm).

Still upset about Eller tbh. Would absolutely sign him for two years this summer.
At some point we have to stop moving talent out and start piling it. Matheson Savard and the crap forwards are the only one I'd look to move.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They have one in Tuch and another with Davidson, I don't think they're agreeing with the vision of the club very much. Or they're just too afraid to waive some vets, which is bizarre since they did it last season.
Tuch is starting his pro career coming from the NCAA and Davidson missed a lots of time last year due to injuries. I can understand why they started in the AHL. The same goes for Flojack.

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Tuch is starting his pro career coming from the NCAA and Davidson missed a lots of time last year due to injuries. I can understand why they started in the AHL. The same goes for Flojack.
Tuch and Davidson are 22 years old, these justifications should not stand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad