HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
We traded a right handed dman who now plays an average of 21 minutes on ice and is +3 for a fourth round pick.

Looks like a clumsy trade to me.

Even though he wasn't necessarily pencilled in to the opening day roster, it's probably a safe bet Kovacevic doesn't get moved if RBs 6 month injury happened sooner.

Guhle, Barron & RB all out before game 8 of the season certainly dropped a grenade in our RD plans... Injuries suck, timing is everything.

Also, Keep in mind that having Kovacevic on opening day would've meant one of X, Strubble or Hutson starting in Laval & Let's face it, Kovacevic playing 20min/night doesn't move the needle on our outcomes (see last season)...

If anything, if we were sitting in the same spot with Kovacevic in the lineup & Strubble, X or Hutson tearing it up in Laval, the peanut gallery would be up in arms because we didn't trade him this summer.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Reinbacher's injury was bad luck, the same as Dach last year. It was a hit that 999/1000 times leads to nothing. It was the way his knee bent as he fell
bad luck or not. He got injured on the legs again.... I hope, he comeback at 100%. We need a Reinbacher in the top 4 next year.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Even though he wasn't necessarily pencilled in to the opening day roster, it's probably a safe bet Kovacevic doesn't get moved if RBs 6 month injury happened sooner.

Guhle, Barron & RB all out before game 8 of the season certainly dropped a grenade in our RD plans... Injuries suck, timing is everything.

Also, Keep in mind that having Kovacevic on opening day would've meant one of X, Strubble or Hutson starting in Laval & Let's face it, Kovacevic playing 20min/night doesn't move the needle on our outcomes (see last season)...

If anything, if we were sitting in the same spot with Kovacevic in the lineup & Strubble, X or Hutson tearing it up in Laval, the peanut gallery would be up in arms because we didn't trade him this summer.
FYI, Kovacevic avg TOI last season with the Habs was 16:31. He was also health scratched a few times.

I always had the impression that MSL wasn't a fan. The problem is that MSL only likes offensive dmen who can't play in their own zone.

Reactions: vokiel

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Starting Hutson in Laval would have a been a wiser decision. Now, when we get to game 24, some might not feel that good about him burning his rookie season. There's lots of struggles to come without the puck for him.

If they had cleared the stacked up left side instead of gutting the depth on the right, we may not have Laine, but we'd be in a better position with lesser pressure on Reinbacher as well.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
FYI, Kovacevic avg TOI last season with the Habs was 16:31. He was also health scratched a few times.

I always had the impression that MSL wasn't a fan. The problem is that MSL only likes offensive dmen who can't play in their own zone.
Fascinating that you would believe this narrative...

Back here in the real world:
Under MSL, total ice time by dmen:

#2 Savard. David
#4 Kovacevic. Jonathan

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Starting Hutson in Laval would have a been a wiser decision. Now, when we get to game 24, some might not feel that good about him burning his rookie season. There's lots of struggles to come without the puck for him.

If they had cleared the stacked up left side instead of gutting the depth on the right, we may not have Laine, but we'd be in a better position with lesser pressure on Reinbacher as well.

Last week: Hutson for ROY
This week: Hutson belongs in Laval
Next week: Hutson for Norris
Week after that: trade Hutson while we still can

& so it goes in habland

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I wonder if CGY would be interested in a package deal that includes their 1st back for Andersson.
I think the Flames will retool on the fly. Not tear down.

If they’re bubble or worse at the deadline they’ll have discussions about a contract in July. If he wants out …. An 11-15 pick this season would be better than a (TDL deal) pick in the 20’s the following season.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
That's a lie
Just read first 5 pages of the trade thread. Not gonna waste my day off. 85% of posts are positive. 2-3 are bummed he's gone. The complaints are that it wasn't a 3rd rounder coming back not that we let go of this hidden Gem.

flyers could be a possible trade partner.

Ristolainen

crazy to think he's only 29.
Ew. Please no. Dude has zero hockey sense. If the system isn't working due to complexity of it; let's not add zero iq players

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020

Laine hasn't been a problem for me so far this season. He played exactly how I expect him to play. With more experience, he may cut down on a few mistakes, but his +/- isn't a reflection of his personal play. Yeah, he lost the puck against the Rangers, but Makar made a perfect pass to the other team a few days ago for a breakaway... we are not talking about him needing time in the AHL.

Hutson played a lot. Too much in fact which leads to him being on the ice when the other team score. His ice time is a function of injury and the fact that MTL been trailing in so many game that to get a goal, he's been the most dangerous player. He has yest to find a good D partner. Savard was supposed to be that guy... so far that is not working. Guhle could have work, but he's always injured, so now it's Mailloux... no ideal in my mind. At the risk of being a broken record, I wanted MTL to get Pesce last summer.... I think that he would have been a more suitable partner short term.

Final thing, the defensive scheme in their zone run by MLS may not work for Hutson. He's not fast enough or strong enough for the Man-to-man portion.

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Last week: Hutson for ROY
This week: Hutson belongs in Laval
Next week: Hutson for Norris
Week after that: trade Hutson while we still can

& so it goes in habland
My lines were always:
I'd trade Hutson for Zegras,
Hutson would be better starting in Laval.

You just confuse a group of people for the same person often right? Whenever it suits your narrative.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Ew. Please no. Dude has zero hockey sense. If the system isn't working due to complexity of it; let's not add zero iq players
I'd swap Anderson for Ristolainen in a heartbeat. He's shown steady improvement under Torts, injuries have been his issue... Brought in as the 3RD & with Mailloux & RB pushing for NHL time next year, it's less of a concern

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'd swap Anderson for Ristolainen in a heartbeat. He's shown steady improvement under Torts, injuries have been his issue... Brought in as the 3RD & with Mailloux & RB pushing for NHL time next year, it's less of a concern
I guess I'd shut up and tolerate that one but yeah wouldn't do it other than in this swap

I'm always amazed at how much fans of this franchise get so obsessed with depth D-man and middle 6 forwards.
It's all because of Bargainbin

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
My lines were always:
I'd trade Hutson for Zegras,
Hutson would be better starting in Laval.

You just confuse a group of people for the same person often right? Whenever it suits your narrative.
Nope, no confusion. You simply misunderstood my post.

This board is full of hot takes, week over week it's just a question of which hyperbole and exaggeration is getting most traction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad