HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Button said it correct today. " Habs don't have enough HEAVY - HARD players"
Hard on the wall. need to change up the mix of the team. AMEN
Yep. That's why i was hoping for MBN or Surin with our 21th pick last year. But i still like Hage better.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Why didn't f***ing Hughes add a player during the offseason? f***ing damage control.
Hugo and MSL have been praised for what they have done with little criticism. However, losing and drafting 1,5,5 is easy. The real heavy lifting begins when trying to fill out the rest of the roster via trades, and FA.

They can’t just draft the way into being a top team. At some point they need to go out and get help.

Honeymoon is over, time to see results.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I know he’s public enemy #1 right now but I’d look at trouba in the offseason. 8m for just next year and rangers will need to clear space

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I think Slaf getting lighter was a bad idea. He was a physical force last year. Him slimming down hasn't been good. He looks a lot weaker along the boards.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
We have big heavy Savard but he’s scared to hit or maybe to slow to hit. Too bad he did t have a mean streak like big Buf had.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hugo and MSL have been praised for what they have done with little criticism. However, losing and drafting 1,5,5 is easy. The real heavy lifting begins when trying to fill out the rest of the roster via trades, and FA.

They can’t just draft the way into being a top team. At some point they need to go out and get help.

I think it takes a big leap in the 2025 off season. Those Bergevin deadweight contracts are slowly abating.

In the interim, they talked about culture a lot since MSL was hired but why are they not adding an experienced ex-head coach as an assistant? Who is evaluating Robidas’ work? Will we soon have to churn out Office Space memes for Grillo?

The whole coaching staff scenario that began with naming Burrows as assistant coach with PP responsibilities and then seeing MSL setting him aside, did not exactly inspire confidence. What culture is this? 💀

Reactions: Rapala

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
We have 6.5 right now. We had moves We could've made to free space.

Vegas finds a way every single year. So does Tampa. Let's not do this please.

Oh I didn't realize sorry. I figured we were still at the cap limit. Is that 6.5 with Laine on LTIR?

Hey I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying it's a bit late to make any changes that will really help the team. Laine was our big play, and it has thus far been a big zero.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

The high 1st picks have nothing to do with why they are praised. Getting, Hutson, Hage etc and unloading multiple turds and somehow getting assets back are what makes them excellent mgmt and should give them the benefit of the doubt. They better add some toughness soon though.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
The high 1st picks have nothing to do with why they are praised. Getting, Hutson, Hage etc and unloading multiple turds and somehow getting assets back are what makes them excellent mgmt and should give them the benefit of the doubt. They better add some toughness soon though.
Excellent mgt, not sure about that. Time will tell. Done a better than avg job so far yes.

The easy part was done, now all the heavy lifting begins. They can’t draft their way into being a contender.

Jul 6, 2016
They had the whole Summer to find muscles. A guy like Kastelic (a UFA) is doing very well in Boston. A guy like Olivier could had been acquire.

Positive Vibes

Habs4Life
Jun 24, 2016
Canada
i don't think there will be anything of substance happen before this summer trade wise for us

Laine will be back in a month and a half they wont use that cap space for anything

Stay the Course.

Reactions: sampollock

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
3.5 if you want to be a stickler about it. Bergevins horrible off season leading into the year he got fired cannot be quantified as the start of a rebuild.

Not the off-season, but the season, yes. He was fired in November and Toffoli, Lehkonen and whoever else was gone by February for 1st round picks. That counts.

Regardless, another season in the dumps is a failure because of the expectation management set. It's their standard we're going by.

The one thing I'm willing to give a pass about is that we are once again cursed with injuries. We've really been ridiculously unlucky with that. But the on-ice product is brutal and people who were solely banking on 'organic growth' were clearly out to lunch.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Anderson is not tough anymore. Neither he or Gallagher can do anything to protect their teammates
You are looking at this from the perspective of fighting, when toughness is much more then that. Anderson was the only players that was looking for a target after the Barron hit. He's been physical this season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad