HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Yeah he is going nowhere this season. He is a need in himself as we have absolutely have no other options at center for our 2nd line, at least until Hage comes in and PROVES he can do the job, which is not a guarantee.

So unless we use Dach in a trade to fill the only bigger need we have, which is top pair RHD, we will ride him.

Anll in all, it doesn't make sense to trade Dach at his lowest value and if he gets back on track, we keep him because we badly need him.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Anywhere they want him for a RD. :nod:

That's probably not too many places, his fans can rest easy.
If Dach is goin to be traded for a RD, the following needs to happen:

1. Play a full healthy season
2. Produce as a 2C
3. Kapanen emerges as an option, and Hage continues his production in the NCAA

1 and 2 are needed to build his value. This would be an offseason move.

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If Dach is goin to be traded for a RD, the following needs to happen:

1. Play a full healthy season
2. Produce as a 2C
3. Kapanen emerges as an option, and Hage continues his production in the NCAA

1 and 2 are needed to build his value. This would be an offseason move.
No it doesn't, the proof is he didn't have any of this, when KH decided to invest a 1st rounder for him.

You find another GM who likes to gamble, that's all it takes.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
No it doesn't, the proof is he didn't have any of this, when KH decided to invest a 1st rounder for him.

You find another GM who likes to gamble, that's all it takes.
He gambled on a player who was recently drafted. It was a good gamble at the time and could still pay off; however, Dach is not that kind of gamble anymore and doesn't have the same kind of value. He's played 66 games since we got him, man. He needs a full season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He gambled on a player who was recently drafted. It was a good gamble at the time and could still pay off; however, Dach is not that kind of gamble anymore and doesn't have the same kind of value. He's played 66 games since we got him, man. He needs a full season.
Wrong again, he had over 150 games played with the Blackhawks and missed almost an entire season due to injury.

It's... the same gamble on the same player. If you can find a GM who still trusts that it's only bad luck, that the player has tons of potential and has a decent RD to trade, I would move him out. He's not worth a lottery first, that's correct, but a vet with only 2 seasons left on his deal who can dish top pair minutes, maybe.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Wrong again, he had over 150 games played with the Blackhawks and missed almost an entire season due to injury.

It's... the same gamble on the same player. If you can find a GM who still trusts that it's only bad luck, that the player has tons of potential and has a decent RD to trade, I would move him out. He's not worth a lottery first, that's correct, but a vet with only 2 seasons left on his deal who can dish top pair minutes, maybe.
Wrong. It isn't the same gamble at all. His value was much higher when we got him. You just made my argument for me. He played 150 games with the Hawks and played 70 games right before we traded for him. He was also three years younger, was cheaper, and had more team control. Give me a break, man. LOL!

He just came off a year where he played 2 games for us. Only an idiot would trade for him right now. He has 1 point in 6 games after being hurt for an entire season. He needs to play a full season and produce in order to to get value for him.

I don't know how someone could be as wrong as you right now. So wrong.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

There might be a deal to make with Calgary for Andersson. They are looking for a young center right now. But i'm pretty sure if the deal would be done right now, we would have to add big time.

Anyway, i think Calgary will wait in the summer to see if Andersson would resign with them.trade Rasmus

Reactions: Goalfield13

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Dvorak gets put out there to take all the important faceoffs. That's gotta be worth a lot. Maybe a second line center who just not as a great at faceoffs as Dvorak? Perhaps add a 2nd round pick to that. Lol.

In seriousness, Habs, once again, don't have a second line. So Kenny boy, whatever you need to do, do it. Get us that second line that can contribute on the scoreboard. Newhook and Dach are not it.

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
There might be a deal to make with Calgary for Andersson. They are looking for a young center right now. But i'm pretty sure if the deal would be done right now, we would have to add big time.

Anyway, i think Calgary will wait in the summer to see if Andersson would resign with them.trade Rasmus
Yes, that's why I went with the proposal. We'd love to acquire Andersson, because Savard can no longer provide the minutes and there was that rumor out of Calgary they were looking at a center.

Could have been anyone in the league, but we have: Beck, Kapanen, Dach and maybe Newhook who fit the description.

Dvorak gets put out there to take all the important faceoffs. That's gotta be worth a lot. Maybe a second line center who just not as a great at faceoffs as Dvorak? Perhaps add a 2nd round pick to that. Lol.

In seriousness, Habs, once again, don't have a second line. So Kenny boy, whatever you need to do, do it. Get us that second line that can contribute on the scoreboard. Newhook and Dach are not it.
Looking at his stats at game #6 he's at 43.2%, he sucks. He ain't worth a waiver wire atm.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yes, that's why I went with the proposal. We'd love to acquire Andersson, because Savard can no longer provide the minutes and there was that rumor out of Calgary they were looking at a center.

Could have been anyone in the league, but we have: Beck, Kapanen, Dach and maybe Newhook who fit the description.

Looking at his stats at game #6 he's at 43.2%, he sucks. He ain't worth a waiver wire atm.
Newhook. Let's give Calgary him for Andersson. I am not ready to give up on Beck, Kap and even Dach just yet.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
So, some people think we should trade Dach for a RD? Interesting, but personally, I would rather keep him for this season and actually see what we have. I want to see if he can start building on his last performances and actually find some consistency has an NHL'er.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think we just need better vets to insulate the youngins. Gallagher, Anderson and armia can't teach you how to be a star or play on the top six of an NHL team. Matheson can't be a steady hand to help guide guys into defensive responsibility. Savard can't even keep up with the play this year. Mainboards dunking on Hutson over Savard getting him three of his minuses in the -4 game.

Need a real steady vet defender bad. I'm assuming Laine was supposed to be the top six vet so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Armia certainly isn't going to help Dach get going.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Calgary want a (middle 6) center because they decided they won't be tanking with their season start. They aren't trading Andersson for one.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Calgary want a (middle 6) center because they decided they won't be tanking with their season start. They aren't trading Andersson for one.
Yeah. I always thought trading Andersson during the season didn't make sense anyways. They will only trade him during the summer if he doesn't want to sign an extension with them.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021

You are correct. This is why I said we need Dach to stay healthy and produce as a 2C. He does that, and a trade with Calgary becomes much easier. We will likely still need to add, but we should have the assets for that easily.

Reactions: Benstheman

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Yeah. I always thought trading Andersson during the season didn't make sense anyways. They will only trade him during the summer if he doesn't want to sign an extension with them.
They might trade him if they're out of the race for a playoff spot at the TDL and/or if he asks for it.
I think the probability is still pretty high.

Reactions: Benstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad