HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
This past week, Lapresse talked about Ottawa being open to trade their 7th draft pick and today, i've read the same about the 6th selection of Utah .

What kind of deal Hughes may offer to get one or both of those draft selections ? imagine getting the 5th-6th and 7th draft picks :laugh::laugh::laugh: . I think it would be the first time ever that all the fans of the Habs forum would all be happy
1. SJ - Celebrini
2. Chicago - Dickinson
3. Anaheim - Levshunov
4. Columbus - Silyayev
5. Habs - Sennecke
6. Habs - Eiserman
7. Habs - Parekh

Something like that.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Panthers top 2 dmen are 6' under 200lbs

Habs had a considerably heavier top 9 than the Panthers this year... Panthers only have 3 of their top 9 forwards over 200lbs. Habs had 7 (with 8th at 199).

Did you look closely at the Panthers roster?
forsling and montour are not under 6 feet.
The forward group may be lighter but they pay a tough team game.
Habs don't have a bennett or Tkachuk on the wing.
Maybe Dach avoids injury and brings his size, but habs don't have a barkov either.
even reinhart plays with an edge.
two of their smaller players (cusins / lomberg) are rats who helped get the to a cup when they played.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
1. SJ - Celebrini
2. Chicago - Dickinson
3. Anaheim - Levshunov
4. Columbus - Silyayev
5. Habs - Sennecke
6. Habs - Eiserman
7. Habs - Parekh

Something like that.
Could you imagine if this happened and those are the picks? Habs fans would be losing their minds. I thought last year's reaction to the top pick was bad this would be insane and be great entertainment and conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: waitin425

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
This past week, Lapresse talked about Ottawa being open to trade their 7th draft pick and today, i've read the same about the 6th selection of Utah .

What kind of deal Hughes may offer to get one or both of those draft selections ? imagine getting the 5th-6th and 7th draft picks :laugh::laugh::laugh: . I think it would be the first time ever that all the fans of the Habs forum would all be happy
They wouldn't be too happy about what we would have to give up lol

Could you imagine if this happened and those are the picks? Habs fans would be losing their minds. I thought last year's reaction to the top pick was bad this would be insane and be great entertainment and conversation.
Better chance of winning the loto max jackpot

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
forsling and montour are not under 6 feet.
No one said they were under 6'.

The forward group may be lighter but they pay a tough team game.

Sure. But that's not a size question now, is it.

Habs don't have a bennett or Tkachuk on the wing.
Maybe Dach avoids injury and brings his size, but habs don't have a barkov either.
even reinhart plays with an edge.
two of their smaller players (cusins / lomberg) are rats who helped get the to a cup when they played.
Not sure the relevance of either comment :dunno

I think it's pretty obvious that the Panthers current roster is better than the Habs. No one was arguing against that.

it's simply not accurate to say that it's because of the Panthers size that they are better. That's what I was replying to.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Keep an eye on Seattle when it comes to Laine.

- Friedman, 32 thoughts.
It seems every team in the league now is looking for a top 6 F and a top 4 D.
Utah has 44M+ of cap space and are now willing to spend. Even Chicago are looking for guys to play with Bedard.
Lots of teams have plenty of cap space.

Finding a top 6 F won't be easy and i fear the Habs will have to overpay if they really want to get one.
The cap going up doesn't help them.

So, are we back to Dubois? :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The Filip Hronek contract shows how big Matheson's next contract will be if he can keep up this pace.

There's no rush to trade one of our top 4 left D's. We can see how Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj, and Hutson progress. But Guhle will have to play the right side until one is traded (baring injury). And then there's what to do with Struble and Harris...

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The Filip Hronek contract shows how big Matheson's next contract will be if he can keep up this pace.

There's no rush to trade one of our top 4 left D's. We can see how Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj, and Hutson progress. But Guhle will have to play the right side until one is traded (baring injury). And then there's what to do with Struble and Harris...
Trade Matheson for 10-15 pick and be done with it. We all know he is not par of the future and won't be resigned in 2 years. Keep following the plan.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
1. SJ - Celebrini
2. Chicago - Dickinson
3. Anaheim - Levshunov
4. Columbus - Silyayev
5. Habs - Sennecke
6. Habs - Eiserman
7. Habs - Parekh

Something like that.
Berkly Cstton is the best offensive player in the draft. He is my top target.

Eiserman a target if we can get to the 12ish range..; if he's gone, I would not mind Iginla, Sennecke or any of the top 6 Ds, except Parekh.

I'm worried that Parekh is the next Chris Wideman.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

It also highlights how much value Matheson's contract is at 4.875M for 2 more seasons.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I want to trade Matheson at some point not because he isn't good, or anything, but rather his play is pricing him out of having a future with the Habs beyond this contract.

If you don't see an indefinite spot for Matheson, use him and get assets.

Keeping him for another year so Guhle and whatever other LHDs you keep get some more experience and are more seasoned.

My choice would be to move Savard and bring in Matt Roy. However, Roy has/will have a lot of interest in him and you could end up paying more than what he's worth, but he's a solid defensive first dman who can add some offensively

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Of course a team that literally didn’t exist a few years ago would have more assets to trade and willing ambition to build a winning team than the Habs. You can set your clock to it.
Except that Laine has not proven to make either the Jets or Jackets a winning team. Nice piece for sure, and I would like to be the ones to give him a chance, but acquiring him, is far from some magic pill to turn a team into a winning team. There are other paths to glory.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It also highlights how much value Matheson's contract is at 4.875M for 2 more seasons.
Hi contract is valuable. But I'm not sure he's convinced everyone after about one and a half seasons of elite offensive production and suspect defensive play. I think he'll need to show more consistency, over a bigger sample size, to get a good return.

I don't think we could get a top 15 pick in this year's draft or a Necas for him at this point.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hi contract is valuable. But I'm not sure he's convinced everyone after about one and a half seasons of elite offensive production and suspect defensive play. I think he'll need to show more consistency, over a bigger sample size, to get a good return.

I don't think we could get a top 15 pick in this year's draft or a Necas for him at this point.
@ 4.875M....he doesn't need to.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Except that Laine has not proven to make either the Jets or Jackets a winning team. Nice piece for sure, and I would like to be the ones to give him a chance, but acquiring him, is far from some magic pill to turn a team into a winning team. There are other paths to glory.
All I want is to acquire a “nice piece for sure.”

It’s always said that one player isn’t the magic pill and it’s always agreed by people like me but somehow other teams try to acquire good players to improve their roster as often as they can whilst we have our own fans poo-pooing every option and supporting the franchise’s bitter conservatism.

You know who’s better in your top9 than Heineman or Farrell? Patrick Laine.

I’d rather root for a former 40g scorer than not. Call me crazy.

Somehow adding talent is always too expensive, too risky, too much for the Habs.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
All I want is to acquire a “nice piece for sure.”

It’s always said that one player isn’t the magic pill and it’s always agreed by people like me but somehow other teams try to acquire good players to improve their roster as often as they can whilst we have our own fans poo-pooing every option and supporting the franchise’s bitter conservatism.

You know who’s better in your top9 than Heineman or Farrell? Patrick Laine.

I’d rather root for a former 40g scorer than not. Call me crazy.

Somehow adding talent is always too expensive, too risky, too much for the Habs.
The current regime, is trying to change that.....................is it the right time? Is it this offseason we have an upswing to change the narrative? I hope so, but it could be next year too.

I hate losing, and am having trouble being patient right now. It seems like the past two years, we have acquired prospects and picks, to help move the needle this offseason for something we can all be excited about.
Bergevin hurt us more than we all realized, with his terrible draft years, and developing kids.....

Getting closer to being good, but a little more patient? I am not sure I can handle that again.......and I have been preaching it, but a Laine available at a reasonable price? Seems like a good gamble to me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad