HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Oops, my bad, was reading wrong QO for Lindgren.

Combined their QO's are 4.5M (3.6 & 900k), but I agree, doubt they get Lindgren under 4 since he has arbitration rights...

Still think there's a deal btw the two clubs that could work, though perhaps it involves one of our cheaper D's instead of Kapanen.
Maybe if Lindgren prices himself out the could look for a cheap replacement like Struble?

Guess they will go cheap for now and load up at the deadline again, maybe Dvorak could be a fit then.

Reactions: Miller Time

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
People doesn't seem to understand we have 13 forwards already...
Pretty sure people understand we have 13 FW, but that those make them good
That was my initial instinct as well, but I guess it depends on how aggressive the management is planning to be in order to push the team forward vs maximizing the value of assets like Dvorak.

Apparently, Pageau is available and I think he'd be a very good option as our 3C for the next two seasons. If that means giving away Dvorak for a mid round pick, I don't think that's so big of a problem.
Pageau older, smaller and more expensive with one more year which is just going to block a guy like Beck or Kapanen. he might be better than but for how long also how much better is the team with a upgrade at 3C. Way better off just trading Dvorak at the TDL.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
andPretty sure people understand we have 13 FW, but that those make them good

Pageau older, smaller and more expensive with one more year which is just going to block a guy like Beck or Kapanen. he might be better than but for how long also how much better is the team with a upgrade at 3C. Way better off just trading Dvorak at the TDL.
Pageau is a buyout candidate. NYI want to create cap space and Pageau's been on the block for a while now.
I think he's about 2M overpaid at the moment.
Taking on 2M x 2 years is worth two late 2nds or an early 2nd.
Trading down from 20 OA to 26 OA is also worth a late 2nd.
The only way i see MTL do this is if there's a player still available at 20 that they really want and the Islander are willing to trade down as part of the return.

Otherwise, i don't think it's worth it, even if Pageau could still be useful on the bottom 6.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Pretty sure people understand we have 13 FW, but that those make them good

you dont seem to understand we are not signing ufas nor trading anyone without getting rid of someone

Reactions: dinodebino

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
How about this one?

July 2 2024

To Montreal:
Ilya Mikheyev

To Vancouver:
Carey Price
William Trudeau
Riley Kidney
Not a bad one.
Something similar to the Weber-Dadonov deal. Difference is Mikheyev has 2 years left on his deal.
Price has more real money left to be paid than Weber but i think most of his money is paid by insurance. I might be wrong. Sending him after his bonus is paid certainly helps.
Difficult to really know the negative value of Price.
Not sure if MTL has to add in this deal.

Vancouver apparently don't want to give a sweetener with Mikheyev. They don't have that many assets to spare.
Taking Price might be a good alternative for them.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Do you think that Ylonen and Pezzetta are must keep?
Keep Pezz. The man has no fear and will do anything for the team at league minimum. He keeps everyone loose, and is physical out there. You need a good solider like the Pezz man. Ylonen is as milquetoast or vanilla as it gets, I don’t think he’s a big loss at all… he’s not a top 6 talent and not a fourth line style of player. Cut bait and move on.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Keep Pezz. The man has no fear and will do anything for the team at league minimum. He keeps everyone loose, and is physical out there. You need a good solider like the Pezz man. Ylonen is as milquetoast or vanilla as it gets, I don’t think he’s a big loss at all… he’s not a top 6 talent and not a fourth line style of player. Cut bait and move on.
I like Pezz too, but he's barely NHL caliber.
If they have to make a choice between him and a top 6 player, i think it's a no brainer.

I think the ideal scenario is to trade Dvorak, if possible.

so ya 11 player who are both 4th liners or 13th forward , not much space still.
Not sure i follow...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I like Pezz too, but he's barely NHL caliber.
If they have to make a choice between him and a top 6 player, i think it's a no brainer.

I think the ideal scenario is to trade Dvorak, if possible.

Not sure i follow...
I mean ok u get rid of those 2 , that doesnt change that we dont have any spots to give to a kid or an UFA we still got Armia Dvorak Gallagher Evans to ice

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I mean ok u get rid of those 2 , that doesnt change that we dont have any spots to give to a kid or an UFA we still got Armia Dvorak Gallagher Evans to ice
Of course they do. 2 spots on the second line with Dach.
Newhook, Dvo and Armia on the 3rd line.
Gallagher, Evans and Anderson on the 4th.
RHP extra.

Roy first call up.

If they're serious about making the playoffs, they can't give spots to players that are not proven regular NHLers.
The kids (i don't see that many) will be there as depth and will have to prove themselves when they're called up.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Prefer Savard in short term both on & off ice value.
Extra years are a negative and unnecessary.
I'd still like one vet RD, Roy is younger and I only do this if Savard lands a first.
Sure, but there's bound to be other offers that don't require 10.5M in dead money & 3years of Anderson.
At worst I'd add the Calfary first or 2 2nds

Meh. He's not who I'd target if moving up & in this draft, with some intriguing talent bound to slide to the 20's, not worth it.
I'Im high on Eiserman, his scoring ability, solid frame and stated willingness to round out his game. GOALS win games.
Would probably need to and frankly, he's not who I'd target if I'm moving the unique player Xhekaj is.
I love Arber but outside of Montreal, the young 20 goal scorer has more value.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What it does it it allows time for players like Hutson to get to their full potential...yo can ruin young players if you throw them in the fire right away with way too many expectations. The 2 years if perfect imo provides enough time to see what we have and to let players develop with the mentoring of player such as Matheson. I never said we should keep him forever...i just dont think we can afford to get rid of him now it would just create another hole in the lineup with no one ready to step up yet. Just my personal observation/opinion

This is true and most of us already know this. The conversation was if you would trade him for Necas or not. This was not some "trade him now" narrative. It was trade him only if you get something you can't refuse.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
you dont seem to understand we are not signing ufas nor trading anyone without getting rid of someone
I would worry about acquiring talent before worrying about what to do with Pezz or Yolonen. if we are signing some it because he is better than what we have and if we are trading someone should go the other way. if we can’t flip them there going on waivers

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would worry about acquiring talent before worrying about what to do with Pezz or Yolonen. if we are signing some it because he is better than what we have and if we are trading someone should go the other way. if we can’t flip them there going on waivers

What about acquiring more bottom 6 talent? Like flipping Harris for a bottom 6F who also has to clear waivers? Does that make any sense? Not really.

We already have vet contracts (Gallagher, Anderson, Dvorak, Armia) playing in a bottom 6 role. Then we got Pezzetta, Ylonen, RHP, Farrell, Heineman, etc.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
However, I do not think we plan to make massive changes in our roster. Our set of priorities should be following:
- acquire top 6 talent in trade and draft another one
- develop prospects within 1st team like Roy, Hutson, might be Reinbacher or Mailloux as well
- Roy-Dvorak-Armia & Anderson-Evans-Gallagher are solid 3rd and 4th line with Pezzetta being 13th forward
- we are not in the stage when we need to improve our bottom 6. Dvorak, Armia and Evans are in their contract year, they will play good hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad