HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Necas and Zegras
Are these the only 2 names KH is looking at?

I highly doubt it...
I bet if he does get someone it won't even be either of these two
There's more, but teams are still playing and whatnot. I'm sure more names might trickle out as we get closer to the draft.
Necas dad just gave an interview saying his son wants to play on the 1st line and on the 1st PP unit.

Necas wants to play center.

So in other words he wants to be the #1C?

But canes fans are saying he’s shit on the defensive side of things and shit at taking faceoffs. Which is why Brind'Amour ain’t playing him center. And Rod would know a thing or two about what it takes to play center.

And he wants big money.

There is a reason why he’s on the trading block.

Hard pass.

I generously offer the 2025 Pittsburgh 2nd and Anderson. Offer valid for 48hrs.
Necas wants to be a centre as that's the most valuable position, so he can get more.

He isn't very good defensively, he sucks on draws and no one wants to pay 7, or 8 mill for a 50+ point centre who can't win draws, isn't good defensively and is, best case scenario a 2nd line centre with the Habs.

That's just me adding to that, not trying to debate you, as we have the same stance.

The more that comes out about Necas the more he makes it an easy pass.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
There's more, but teams are still playing and whatnot. I'm sure more names might trickle out as we get closer to the draft.

Necas wants to be a centre as that's the most valuable position, so he can get more.

He isn't very good defensively, he sucks on draws and no one wants to pay 7, or 8 mill for a 50+ point centre who can't win draws, isn't good defensively and is, best case scenario a 2nd line centre with the Habs.

That's just me adding to that, not trying to debate you, as we have the same stance.

The more that comes out about Necas the more he makes it an easy pass.
Necas is a 70+ winger. He may not be that productive at centre though.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He's done it once. He's not a 70 point winger.

That's like saying Brian Gionta was a 40 goal scorer.
Necas is a very good player. He put up 70 at 23 and head a down year last year. Plays on the pP but doesn't play on the 1st line I believe. If he was with the Canadiens his production would depend on whether he was on the 1st PP unit.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Necas is a very good player. He put up 70 at 23 and head a down year last year. Plays on the pP but doesn't play on the 1st line I believe. If he was with the Canadiens his production would depend on whether he was on the 1st PP unit.
Next season........more than likely, the first PP will be
CC
Slaf
Suzuki
Dach
Matheson...
That said..................Habs always have two units for the PP
Necas, Newhook, Gally, Andeson. Guhlie??

Does anyone know, what it will take to get Necas? If that's the hill they choose.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
100% true and he could produce at, or even better than a 70 point pace. Could also be he produces at his 50+ pace.

He's a good player that would be nice to add, but the cost to acquire him and then sign him is likely too high.

Then, if he believes what his father said and he wants to a be a centre, then that's no bueno and should be seen as an issue. Again, if that's true.

Reactions: FloJack

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Next season........more than likely, the first PP will be
CC
Slaf
Suzuki
Dach
Matheson...
That said..................Habs always have two units for the PP
Necas, Newhook, Gally, Andeson. Guhlie??

Does anyone know, what it will take to get Necas? If that's the hill they choose.
He would pprobably only be a target if he is willing to accept a reasonable contract.

100% true and he could produce at, or even better than a 70 point pace. Could also be he produces at his 50+ pace.

He's a good player that would be nice to add, but the cost to acquire him and then sign him is likely too high.

Then, if he believes what his father said and he wants to a be a centre, then that's no bueno and should be seen as an issue. Again, if that's true.
Agrred on all counts. If he is in a favorable situation and doesn't get back to 70 in the next 2 seasons then he isn't going to. And if his father is going to be a problem they will likely pass on him. And it would have to be the right contract and in a reasonable deal (not likely with Carolina)

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
It’s not inflated is the point. People are afraid of giving him $7m per, but why when he doesn’t have near the downside of those other two and clearly has more upside (at the time of signing).
Precisely because we already have those two bad contracts on the books. You can hardly use them as an argument for paying Necas what he wants.

I'm not against kicking tires, but it's a similar case as PLD. It has the potential to be a nice add, but not really someone you get into a bidding war, trade a young core piece (Guhle), or break the bank for.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Precisely because we already have those two bad contracts on the books. You can hardly use them as an argument for paying Necas what he wants.

I'm not against kicking tires, but it's a similar case as PLD. It has the potential to be a nice add, but not really someone you get into a bidding war, trade a young core piece (Guhle), or break the bank for.
I’d say it’s different from PLD since he’s never asked to be traded from two teams. There’s no attitude or effort issue with Necas. He’s just a young guy they can’t afford anymore.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I’d say it’s different from PLD since he’s never asked to be traded from two teams. There’s no attitude or effort issue with Necas. He’s just a young guy they can’t afford anymore.
The Canes seem to be ready to pay Jarvis, but not Necas.
I think both are good players....

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I feel like the people that dont want Zegras never watched him play or even watch the highlights but are just repeating what media are saying
I have most defined watched him and when he’s not doing the Michigan he is a complete anchor.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I have most defined watched him and when he’s not doing the Michigan he is a complete anchor.

If you had watch him play you would know that is not true.

In your evaluation if Zegras doesnt do a michigan he has a bad game. I fail to see why scoring a michigan equal having a good game

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad