HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
We have mini Xhekaj incoming in the next 2-3 years. I think he'll make a great 4th liner.

Indeed he may. But 2-3 years is a long time, a lot of games, and unfortunately a lot of dance cards to answer

That 2-3 year window for X sr. is a pretty crucial one development-wise. My hope is that he's in the lineup enough to grow into his potential.

Ironically, if X sr. can't solidify himself as a top 4 impact player for us, his fit long term with the Habs (given the boatload of prospect talent/skill on D we have) might end up being as a 6-7/4th line MacDermit type roster player there just to play the enforcer role I hope he doesn't have to play the next 2-3 years...

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
MTL : #5 + #134 + #222
for
Seattle : #8 + #40 + #65

If Lindstrom and Demidov are gone at #5.
#8 = gives us either Catton, Iginla.
+ 2 x 2nd pick, that gives us 3 x 2nd pick 2024 + #26 to trade up and get a mid pick.
Kraken get's the D they're looking for at #5 (Dickinson or Saliyev or Parehk).

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
for

+ 2 x 2nd pick, that gives us 3 x 2nd pick 2024 + #26 to trade up and get a mid pick.
Seattle declines.

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
A guy like Jeannot is someone you add AFTER having core pieces in place.

Trading for a fourth liner shouldn't be the priority.
He only has 1 year left.
I wouldn’t mind him for our bottom 6.
Xhekaj, Jeannot, Anderson and Pezetta is not to be mess with.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
He's a hard worker and he's willing to pay the price, but he's a pretty terrible fighter, FWIW. He takes a beating pretty much every time a la Tom Kostopoulos.
Kostopoulos loss to light weights besides Kevin Bieksa. Jeannot goes with the biggest in the league.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
for

I can't see them wanting to give up both second round picks to move up 3 spots. And, Montreal doesn't need 2 more picks in this draft. #40 is fine. Then I'd go with a 3rd in 2026. A 7th is pretty useless too. They already have 2.

#5, our 5th round pick for their #8, #40 & 2026 3rd.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
On the sick podcast last week I think they had Stu Cowan on. Now, he's not the best, but believed Hughes might do the "biggest" deal he's done.

My wondering is, if it will be in tandem with the 5th. If you get Lindstrom, you make a deal for a more skilled player, or if you get Demidov, you make a trade for a top 6 player with size, who hopefully uses it, too, but those are rare.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
On the sick podcast last week I think they had Stu Cowan on. Now, he's not the best, but believed Hughes might do the "biggest" deal he's done.

My wondering is, if it will be in tandem with the 5th. If you get Lindstrom, you make a deal for a more skilled player, or if you get Demidov, you make a trade for a top 6 player with size, who hopefully uses it, too, but those are rare.
I'm thinking it'll be more of a Zegras/Necas/Laine style acquisition.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I want Lindstrom and Brady Tkachuk.

Then I want the cup.

What would we have to trade to get Tkachuk? Starts with our 5th pick right? Would you be worried if he walks in 4 years time? Or just go for it in those 4 years?

Let him leave with Bobrov, they haven't accomplished anything serious enough for us to be beggars.

NOPE! They stay. Gorton is a good guy to have with Hughes. Lets not go back to having one guy as the face of our franchise in management. Bad idea in Montreal. Share the pressure and let Hughes do all the work while Gorton is the mentor with experience.

Bobrov? Can't say anything bad or good yet.

I do like our last two top 5 picks though. Took guts to draft Slaf over Wright and Reinbacher over Michkov.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I’m hearing that more and more that Hughes is going big this and next summer. McGuire said the same when he was saying he thought Hughes was going to be “big game hunting” this offseason.

Lots of smoke and Hughes has been known to want to pull the trigger on trades, with even Gorton saying he’s had to rein him in in the past.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Hughes can do and get a step closer to being a competitive team, contending for the cup!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A guy like Jeannot is someone you add AFTER having core pieces in place.

Trading for a fourth liner shouldn't be the priority.

Not even sure you go after him with the core in place. Tampa paid a high price for him and he really has not helped them like they expected.

I’m hearing that more and more that Hughes is going big this and next summer. McGuire said the same when he was saying he thought Hughes was going to be “big game hunting” this offseason.

Lots of smoke and Hughes has been known to want to pull the trigger on trades, with even Gorton saying he’s had to rein him in in the past.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Hughes can do and get a step closer to being a competitive team, contending for the cup!

No doubt about it. Hughes will be on the phone a lot. The real question is do we force something we shouldn't do or is there really another Dach quality to be traded for.

Personally, I think we should not make any unnecessary moves. Like trading for Necas for example. I'd be open to Dubois but Kings won't like my offer (Anderson, Gallagher, B+ for Dubois with retention below Suzuki and a 1st in the 24 or 25th drafts). That's the only way I would trade for him.

Anyways, the main point here is next year is another transition year. We get to evaluate Dach, Slaf, Guhle, Newhook, Roy, Xhekaj, Primeau, Barron a bit more and we also got Reinbacher, Hutson, Mailloux. Lots of guys to evaluate still and another top 10 pick (even if 5-10 range) can help this pool even more

Last edited:
Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad