HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger12

Jul 29, 2021
Who says no?

TB: Mike Matheson + Owen Beck + 2nd RD pick 25 (PIT)
MTL: Mikhail Sergachev

TB saves money to sign Stamkos, replace Serge with a cheaper but really solid LHD who fits their window + gets a couple of young pieces to help restock their prospects cupboard.

Then,

MTL: 8th OA pick
SEA: Mikhail Sergachev

Ideally, the draft goes something like this, which I think is possible based on teams needs:

SJ: Celebrini
CHI: Levshunov
ANA: Silayev
CLB: Dickinson
MTL: Demidov*

UTA: Buium
OTT: Parekh
MTL: Lindstrom*

And Id even try to move up from 26 in the teens to get Sennecke if he falls a bit.
Tampa would never give up Sergachev. And if somehow Montreal get their hands on him, why the heck would they onload him of the 8th OA? That's your #1 D right there.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
When has Laine ever put his team first? :dunno:
I just don't see why anyone would consider this half hearted wonder.
Marty can't work miracles and Hughes wants team guys who compete.

As recently as last season

Internationally he's been playoff MVP as a teen in a men's league (his team won the league title), a WJC gold medallist & tournament mvp on a men's world championship silver medal team...

Those are individual accolades, to be sure, but speak to a player able to impact his team's success quite effectively.

Jets coach and vet leaders acknowledged publicly that they didn't treat him well... Not sure how that gets ignored in assessing how things went sour there :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: tazsub3

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Tampa would never give up Sergachev. And if somehow Montreal get their hands on him, why the heck would they onload him of the 8th OA? That's your #1 D right there.
Just go to TB’s page and you will see they’re wondering which one of Cirelli or Sergachev is on the trade block. And hes not as good as you think he is. Grass’s always greener as they say

Reactions: alasania94

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They have Werenski, Provorov and Svozil possibly moving up this year, but probably next. They have Jake Bean playing 3rd pairing right now

Jiricek will take Bean's spot. They have Severson signed long term and Gudbranson signed for another 2 years on RD. They moved Andrew Peeke at the Trade Deadline to Boston to open up a spot for Jiricek, because Peeke also had another 2 years left on his contract.

Provorov sucks. They should be buy him out he's that bad. Fortunately, he only has one more year left. We'll see what they do there. Svozil had a good, but not great year in AHL. He's not ready for top 4 minutes neither is Mateychuck. They need to upgrade on Provorov. The two LD kids can fight it out over the bottom LD spot. If they upgrade on Provorov, Werenski stays healthy and Jiricek can grab a top 4RD spot allowing Gudbranson to move to bottom pair as protection for one of the 2 kids, their D should be much improved over last year, when it was awful.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Habs should take it and run.
ivre.jpg

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Interesting but Drouin for 4 years at 5m per year seems like crazy talk. It's also kind of weird that Marchessault is ahead of Stamkos in terms of cap cost despite both being 34, both only getting a 3 year projected deal, and Stamkos not only being more productive this year but throughout their careers as well.

For the Habs Taransenko at 2 years 4.15m seems like a pretty good plan B option.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I dont consider Savard a dump (more of a TDL overpay move) - Dvo i can live with, if only for flexibility. Too expensive for a 3rd C but he doesnt really hurt the team on the ice. (he also doesnt do much offensively lol). Big Meh.

But absolutely, Mtl need to offload. Wonder if Armia has some value now? Sounded like he got his head on straight after getting a therapist; ended the season on a great note.
In an ideal world, the Habs find a way to shed Armia, Gally, Anderson and Dvo this off season. They no longer fit in the team's future and belong in the BargainBin panic move blunder dumpster. Everyone needs to move on from that era finally.
That Anderson contract is aging terribly and I called it from day one. Guy was 26 and never reached 50 points prior to being acquired in his career. And even with the Habs, his numbers are disastrous for the salary he's commanding. Gally was a great soldier for the Habs once upon a time where offence was low throughout the league. Right now, he's got no value. Armia and Dvo, same. For the last two, you will be lucky to get a 7th round pick. Most teams are cap stricken and are looking to unload similar terribad players. Not even sure you get picks for any of them anymore. Instead you trade them for similar bad type of contracts.

This off season is a great one with big names that we haven't seen in a while. A few are former Habs who performed well, including one that had a rebound with the Avs because he stunk in MTL.

My dream is to get Stamkos, Reinhart, Marchessault, Perron, Toffoli and Monahan signed. Off course, it won't happen. Guys like Evans and Pezzetta are easily repaceable. However, I'm salivating all over at the thought of having this forward group next season:

Caufield (7.850) Suzuki (7.875) Slafkovski
(0.950)
Toffoli (6.0) Stamkos (6.0) Reinhart (9.0)
Marchessault (6.0) Dach (3.3625) Newhook (2.9)
RHP (1.1) Monahan (3.0) Perron (4.0)
Roy/Beck (around 0.9)

Incredibly, you still fit under the cap with caproom to spare by ridding yourself also of Price, Kovacevic and Savard. And this is how how build a playoff team. Again, with this all hypothetical but one can always dream.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Q
Wait your really saying no to 4th overall plus Laine ( 2 years left ) for Mailloux ?

We’re leaving the draft with 2 of Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla/Silayev/Dickinson

Thats an easy yes for me and im sure even Hughes would drive Logan to the airport himself
Mailloux has upside we still haven't seen. I would be careful trading him too early. I am just a fan who knows very little but I did watch Mailloux play 90% of his AHL games, the kid has legit upside.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Wait your really saying no to 4th overall plus Laine ( 2 years left ) for Mailloux ?

We’re leaving the draft with 2 of Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla/Silayev/Dickinson

Thats an easy yes for me and im sure even Hughes would drive Logan to the airport himself
For many persons Laine is a cap dump. Also Columbus are in a full rebuild they should just take that #5 pick

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
As recently as last season

Internationally he's been playoff MVP as a teen in a men's league (his team won the league title), a WJC gold medallist & tournament mvp on a men's world championship silver medal team...

Those are individual accolades, to be sure, but speak to a player able to impact his team's success quite effectively.

Jets coach and vet leaders acknowledged publicly that they didn't treat him well... Not sure how that gets ignored in assessing how things went sour there :dunno:
Yup his quiet leadership propelled them all the way to 31st place. I'm not seeing it on the ice. Great article.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yup his quiet leadership propelled them all the way to 31st place. I'm not seeing it on the ice. Great article.

So Suzuki is a bad leader now too?

Or is it that every player on a bad team = character flaw?

"Interesting" take. Can't say I agree.

But, goal post shifting aside, you asked the question:
"When has Laine ever put his team first?".

In about 30 seconds I surfaced an article where his teammates & coaches this past year specifically acknowledged him for... Checks notes.... Putting his team first and doing so discreetly rather than publicly.

I thought you wanted an answer to your question :dunno:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So Suzuki is a bad leader now too?

Or is it that every player on a bad team = character flaw?

"Interesting" take. Can't say I agree.

But, goal post shifting aside, you asked the question:
"When has Laine ever put his team first?".

In about 30 seconds I surfaced an article where his teammates & coaches this past year specifically acknowledged him for... Checks notes.... Putting his team first and doing so discreetly rather than publicly.

I thought you wanted an answer to your question :dunno:
Suzuki shows up and leads On The Ice.
Argue all you want but the reality is we aren't looking for a Patrik Laine type of player.
Cole Caufield has that role.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Suzuki shows up and leads On The Ice.
Argue all you want but the reality is we aren't looking for a Patrik Laine type of player.
Cole Caufield has that role.
So now you're trying to imply that Caufield has character issues?

Lol....

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Q

Mailloux has upside we still haven't seen. I would be careful trading him too early. I am just a fan who knows very little but I did watch Mailloux play 90% of his AHL games, the kid has legit upside.
For many persons Laine is a cap dump. Also Columbus are in a full rebuild they should just take that #5 pick

Unless I'm stupid (I am) this is the trade he's talking about right ?

• 4th Overall
  • Laine
for
  • Mailloux
Are you guys seriously saying you wouldn't do this?
When he made that trade offer he was obviously kidding but I didn't think we'd have people seriously say no.

Am I missing something here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad