HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
this was my point when everyone was souring on him early in the season. Slaf wont even be at his physical peak years once until he hits at least 23. The dude is 20 and already has a top 5 % build in the nhl. (just being tall doesnt equate to good build btw). At 23, its very possible that slaf is the most physically domiant star in the nhl. Thats when he should domianate. Everything from now until then production wise is just gravy

if he had danault slotted as a 3c id be all in...only if LA retains
Good player but not interested.

Reactions: Runner77

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I wonder if Minnesota or Detroit would trade their pick 13OA/15OA for Matheson??
No Minnesota wouldn’t, neither would Detroit. Minnesota doesn’t need anymore LD, especially a guy who can’t play completely defense which their gm bill guerin appreciates

I agree on Minnesota, Matheson may give Guerin nightmares.

Detroit, though, depends what they do with Gostisbehere, if they re-sign him or not, they have a lot of incoming young dmen, but I wonder if any is close enough for the actual window of the Wings, I wouldn't say Edvinsson is ready right now, for example. Detroit has a wealth of good young players, which are more valuable than mid 1st picks, so I could see them trading their 1st for a guy like Matheson.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I agree on Minnesota, Matheson may give Guerin nightmares.

Detroit, though, depends what they do with Gostisbehere, if they re-sign him or not, they have a lot of incoming young dmen, but I wonder if any is close enough for the actual window of the Wings, I wouldn't say Edvinsson is ready right now, for example. Detroit has a wealth of good young players, which are more valuable than mid 1st picks, so I could see them trading their 1st for a guy like Matheson.
What good young players does Detroit have?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
sorry man, brutal for the habs, imo

Marner is a points producing machine. And he would be our most talented forward by far. The chance to get someone of this talent in the next ten years are slim.

Marner becomes like Gaudreau very quickly when he is not surrounded by the talent the Leafs have. Most people know this. Marner is a great skater with great vision and play making but he belongs on a team with talent/grit around him. Gaudreau on the Flames vs the Blue Jackets is a great comparison. Great talents but need help

What does Marner do for us? Make us a regular season champ and duds in the playoffs? We already have two smurfs like Caufield and Hutson. Lets not add another one where it looks all flashy but no results come.

We don't have to keep Caufield.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Is this a joke?

Terrible for us on so many levels and exactly what the Laffs need to fix their biggest roster needs (cheap/cost controlled top pairing D & top 6 winger, both with large untapped ceilings likely to provide significant value at their respective cap hits the next few seasons).

This may be one of the worst proposals I've seen from a Habs pov, kudos.

I thought about this in 5 seconds, calm down, bro. This is a message board with fans shooting the shit. You take this way too seriously.

Maybe, but I also think he's a soft, selfish player who would disappear once a tough playoff series began

Maybe. Who knows in a different environment. Eichel was seen as a selfish loser before going to Vegas.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Marner is a points producing machine. And he would be our most talented forward by far. The chance to get someone of this talent in the next ten years are slim.

He’s not in the playoffs which is the issue. He disappears in the biggest games. In the 21 times he played in a game 5, game 6, or game 7 he’s scored a total of 1 goal.

I’m also sure he’s going to want a contract similar to what Nylander got (8 years at $11.5 million AAV). I wouldn’t be happy if Montreal gave up good players for Marner and gave him that type of contract.

Reactions: Deebs

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Maybe. Who knows in a different environment. Eichel was seen as a selfish loser before going to Vegas.

I don't think enough emphasise is being put on this. Marner has only ever played for two coaches, one who bullied the shit out of him and the other with deployed the team is basically the same way every season for years. Add that to the constant failure and it could be a change of scenery does all the wonder for him.

Don't know that Ghule is someone I'd want to trade for him but I don't think Marner is a bad idea. Granted, I can't imagine the Leafs ever wanting to stomach the possibility of Marner resurging on the Habs and killing them.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Slaf's gym schedule:

Bis/Tris/Legs
Back/Legs
Shoulders/Legs
Legs
Cardio Day... after Legs
Offday: Trampoline park for 4-8 hours to keep his legs fresh
Slaf saw Marty's legs from when he was playing and said "bet"

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He’s not in the playoffs which is the issue. He disappears in the biggest games. In the 21 times he played in a game 5, game 6, or game 7 he’s scored a total of 1 goal.

But we are a team that cannot even make it to the playoffs. Having a guy like that suddenly accelerate our development very quickly. Far less effort to produce, less tight games for us. It's less pressure to the whole roster to win games.

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Could Beniers be in play? Seattle is in a strange situation. As currently constructed they're too good to be able to scout the top draft picks, they're not close to being contenders, and their prospect pool doesn't inspire much confidence.

He's an RFA this summer and the Kraken would only consider trades that start with our 1st round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad