Confirmed with Link: [Trade] Peter Regin and Pierre-Marc Bouchard to Chicago for a 2014 4th-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Well we will find out amazingly quick. Q says Regin is in tonight on the third line. No screwing around.

Imagine if you are Regin. In 24 hours you go from a last place team to the defending champs and are thrown in a game immediately. His head must be spinning.

bulletwwings

Aug 17, 2011
Enemy Territory, STL
I was just looking at the transactions so far this year since the entry draft. The Hawks got some guy named phillippe lefebrve in the deal with versteeg. He was actually traded earlier this season from Montreal to Florida. It would be funny and kinda sad to see this poor guy get traded a third time this season. Now my real question...does bowman make another move? I mean I know there is almost no room but there are a lot of rumors flying around this deadline. Guys like vanek callahan miller and moulson. Now I'm not saying sell the team and get all four, but with all the rumors I get excited. Is there any way bowman makes a move for any kind of big impact player ever again?

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Well we will find out amazingly quick. Q says Regin is in tonight on the third line. No screwing around.

Imagine if you are Regin. In 24 hours you go from a last place team to the defending champs and are thrown in a game immediately. His head must be spinning.

It its also one game prior to the Olympic break. He's probably got a lot on his mind, so I would not be shocked if he plays poorly tonight. Wouldn't blame him.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It its also one game prior to the Olympic break. He's probably got a lot on his mind, so I would not be shocked if he plays poorly tonight. Wouldn't blame him.

I agree, but the Pirri lovers will probably start moaning the first time Regin turns the puck over or loses a faceoff.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Is there any way bowman makes a move for any kind of big impact player ever again?

Bowman has never been in on non bottom 6 players in the first place. No, we never ever will even entertain the idea unless someone like Toews or Kane goes down for the year. And even then, I would think we would just punt the year.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Pretty solid move.

Even if these guys suck, we only gave up a 4th.

Agreed.

I mean, Regin can't show much less than Pirri has.

There you go again. Even you need to admit Pirri did not get a good enough look from Q. (I doubt you will however)

Personally, I'd prefer that Pirri works hard on his skating and if he stays in RFD this season, comes back quicker and stronger in 2015. Assuming of course that Stan can't get value for him.

As I said earlier, I just hope that Stan doesn't jump at the first offer for Pirri. He is one of the few bargaining chips we have.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Have Yannic Perreault give Regin the crash course in the dot over the Olympic break and maybe he gets better. Seemed to help Kruger.

bulletwwings

Aug 17, 2011
Enemy Territory, STL
Bowman has never been in on non bottom 6 players in the first place. No, we never ever will even entertain the idea unless someone like Toews or Kane goes down for the year. And even then, I would think we would just punt the year.

I know but I guess I just love chaos enough that when the trade deadline comes around every year I always hope and pray half the league shakes up for no good reason. Sure keep the Hawks together but if the rest of the league could trade half their teams around I would enjoy it. Lol

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Now my real question...does bowman make another move? I mean I know there is almost no room but there are a lot of rumors flying around this deadline. Guys like vanek callahan miller and moulson. Now I'm not saying sell the team and get all four, but with all the rumors I get excited. Is there any way bowman makes a move for any kind of big impact player ever again?

Why should he move a first round pick and other assets to get an impact player that will just take ice time away from another impact player. And we'd have to move some serious cap space to fit him in.

Chicago doesn't need to pay the "all-in" game other teams have to do to have a chance to win the Cup.

Keeping draft picks to fill in and rebuild the depth every year is what keeps us an elite contender. Don't start deviating from that plan to simply increase our chances marginally this year at the cost of decreasing our chances in the future for multiple years.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Agreed.

There you go again. Even you need to admit Pirri did not get a good enough look from Q. (I doubt you will however)

Personally, I'd prefer that Pirri works hard on his skating and if he stays in RFD this season, comes back quicker and stronger in 2015. Assuming of course that Stan can't get value for him.

As I said earlier, I just hope that Stan doesn't jump at the first offer for Pirri. He is one of the few bargaining chips we have.

Pirri doesn't have a future in Chicago. If a team like Carolina offers a 2nd, you take it an run.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
That's why Pirri should have stayed up and played significant minutes the whole time, to see what he really has. Now we're dicking around at the trade deadline for players worse than he Pirri has shown.

For anyone who still wishes to know "how is Q wrecking this kid?" there's your answer.

His average ES ToI (11.1) was similar to Shaw's (12.0) and higher than Kruger's (11.0) or Handzus's (10.6).It includes his long scoreless games streak.
Between Oct 28th and Nov 25th his average ToI was 14 minutes and started decline after 4 consecutive games w/o point.He also got 15.1 min ToI in his 1st game after comeback to Chicago, then it went down 13.3, 11.7, 9.5. ... I don't think Q is to blame here as Pirri can't bring nothing else to the team other than offense and he got solid amount of TOI.

Last edited:

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I think another trade is coming and probably 2 roster players being moved. I think Pirri will be moved with the two roster players to bring back a good return. Hawks I could see possibly moved - Bickell, Leddy, Kostka, Brookbank, Pirri and dare I say Shaw.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I think another trade is coming and probably 2 roster players being moved. I think Pirri will be moved with the two roster players to bring back a good return. Hawks I could see possibly moved - Bickell, Leddy, Kostka, Brookbank, Pirri and dare I say Shaw.

There is zero chance Shaw or Leddy is moved at the dealine. Exceptionally doubtful Bickell is moved.

What would Shaw or Leddy bring that would be better value than their cap hit going forward?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Care to explain how and/or why you think this and what you expect in return?

Nothingman*

There is zero chance Shaw or Leddy is moved at the dealine. Exceptionally doubtful Bickell is moved.

What would Shaw or Leddy bring that would be better value than their cap hit going forward?

Agree. Those guys are going nowhere. And too many people are forgetting we are up against the cap!!!!!!!! We are not adding salary unless significant (core) piece goes the other way. Which is not happening.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Pirri doesn't have a future in Chicago. If a team like Carolina offers a 2nd, you take it an run.

Perhaps, but nothing less.

Too many folks here (and maybe Hawks management as well) are assuming TT can make the jump as soon as next season (or even this years playoffs in some cases). Pirri is still young enough not to be written off, despite what Q obviously thinks of him.... and from the little I have seen of TT, he can't check a suitcase. If so, will Q ignore it and give him special treatment? Probably.

Anyway, my point is. Don't just give Pirri away when he could still be the (eventual) answer to a glaring deficiency that's been present for a few years now. IE. a 2nd line center.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Pirri should of been working on his skating and strength long before this year. He has shown nothing and Q has given him normal rookie ice time and he has done nothing with it. he was injured most of the year, so he gets slack, but now that we are past the injury, he is showing he is the same player. We don't have time to see if he can be a decent NHLer, playoffs are coming fast.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Regin + PMB at end of day simply provide the Hawks insurance of NHL experienced talent for playoff run instead of possibly relying on a bunch of unproven prospects like Alex Broadhurt , Garrett Ross and others.

Regin offers a depth player upfront that allows Zus some rest and can slot into bottom 6 role should Shaw/Kruger be moved up to play at times the #2C role like they have all year

PMB not only offers a playoff reserve for Hawks but a guy who could possibly help Hogs finish out rest of year (Hogs offense isn't very good)

I see a lot of talk about "Hawks cant add another guy" or "Hawks are tapped out cap wise". Well it was unlikely Hawks were going to do much outside of this type of move to begin with

As for Pirri ,, It was never gonna work with Q to begin with so him going back down is not a shock

This is a bigger version of Nick Boynton trade in 2010 ,, Adding guys for potential playoff reserve with NHL experience

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This might be amusing to just me but well

This year
Pierre Marc Bouchard =28 GP with 4 goals + 5 assists for 9 pts and a -9
Viktor Stalberg = 47 GP with 6 goals + 9 assists for 15 pts and a -10

Looks like Stan replaced the Stalberg press box spot for playoffs well

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Pirri should of been working on his skating and strength long before this year. He has shown nothing and Q has given him normal rookie ice time and he has done nothing with it. he was injured most of the year, so he gets slack, but now that we are past the injury, he is showing he is the same player. We don't have time to see if he can be a decent NHLer, playoffs are coming fast.

And if TT can't make the jump we are stuck with the same issues, for who knows how long. Quit repeating the same rhetoric when you know as well as anyone that Pirri hasn't had enough time to show his worth here. And please don't pretend like these 2 throw aways are going to put us over the top to run at another SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad