Confirmed with Link: [Trade] Peter Regin and Pierre-Marc Bouchard to Chicago for a 2014 4th-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
So, I'm not sure why you guys did it, I think there is better depth out there. Regin is ok I guess.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
No idea either. Has to be more to this though (or another trade incoming) because the Hawks are over the cap now even if you guys eat half the cap hit.

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Per Tracey Myers

Piri back down to Rockford:shakehead, Regin With the Hawks, Bouchard to Rockford...

*edit* hopefully Piri just down for the Olympics

Ari Gold

Dec 13, 2013
Hollywood
Something tells me Bickell is going to be traded. He has a modified NTC so I'm guessing there is some sort of out or maybe 10 team No trade list..

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Per Tracey Myers:
Regin joins Hawks
PMB goes to Rockford
Pirri sent down.

That makes sense. With 50% retained PMB only costs 1mil against the cap 975k of which doesn't count when he is in the ahl. So we essentially get Regin for the Hawks at less of a cap hit then if we had just traded for him alone. Now I understand.

HawksIsles

Dec 12, 2011
Regin's stat

16 C PETER REGIN 44 2 5 7 -10

it appears our lack of center problem was bigger than I thought if Stan thinks Regin can help.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
I understand the cap aspect of it now, but I still don't understand the point though. Regin isn't physical, isn't particularly good defensively, and sucks at the dot how does this help the Hawks?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm going to trust the best GM in the NHL over Garth "don't fire me plz" Snow on this one. Not sure what the angle is though.

Nothingman*

I understand the cap aspect of it now, but I still don't understand the point though. Regin isn't physical, isn't particularly good defensively, and sucks at the dot how does this help the Hawks?

I know. Pirri's has gotta wonder what the **** he did wrong for that turd to surpass him. He must have slept with Qs wife or something.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
This is a solid move for the Bllackhawks and the type of trade I love as it shows a commitment towards making a Stanley Cup run. These are the type of players that a organization uses as fillers incase someone gets hurt. Instead of relying on youth in the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs they will instead use guys who are vets. While they won't win you games, they won't lose them for you either

Nothingman*

Also, I could care less about the 4th. We are going to be trading out some guys from Rockford this year and will replace that and then some. So the pick is no biggie. Just......the players we got. At least they won't be with us next year.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Have no idea what this means for the Hawks. Don't care about the pick but neither guy really fits.

I'm thinking the Isles may have a trade in the workers involving Vanek and needed to clear some roster spots?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So we replace Pirri (6 g, 5 a, +6 in 28 games) with a guy with 2 goals, 5 assists, -10 in 44 games???

As recently as the media availability post-morning skate today, Q was talking about giving Pirri power play minutes.

And now he's sent back to Rockford?

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
I'm going to trust the best GM in the NHL over Garth "don't fire me plz" Snow on this one. Not sure what the angle is though.

I agree with this. At the time of the Handzeus trade, we didn't think he would be a key contributor in the Stanley Cup run. This gives us depth.

I could see Kotska or Brookbank getting traded now.

Nothingman*

So we replace Pirri (6 g, 5 a, +6 in 28 games) with a guy with 2 goals, 5 assists, -10 in 44 games???

As recently as the media availability post-morning skate today, Q was talking about giving Pirri power play minutes.

Q hates Pirri. With a passion.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011

I trust Stan and I have backed him when half the board wanted his job. I just don't get this.

I know. Pirri's has gotta wonder what the **** he did wrong for that turd to surpass him. He must have slept with Qs wife or something.

I think the writing is on the wall for Pirri as unfortunate as it is. With Q not trusting him, him losing his waiver exemption, and TT coming over I doubt he is in the organization this time next year.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011

Could it be because of the Olympic break to get him playing time? That could be a reason why to send him down.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
67Sound ‏@67sound 1m
To recap: For $1.375MM cap and a 4th, the Hawks got two guys who managed positive possession in 3rd line minutes on a **** team.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Could it be because of the Olympic break to get him playing time? That could be a reason why to send him down.

No cap space to call him up unless some else gets sent down.

67Sound ‏@67sound 1m
To recap: For $1.375MM cap and a 4th, the Hawks got two guys who managed positive possession in 3rd line minutes on a **** team.

Except the Hawks don't have enough cap space (or roster spots even with Pirri sent down) for them both to be in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad