Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, I'd be more open to buying out Vanek next year than moving Pominville.

The cap hits are manageable.

2016-2017 season: $1,500,000 cap hit

2017-2018 season: $2,500,000 cap hit

J22*

Spurgeon for Pulkkinen+2nd
Coyle+Labbe for Namestnikov
Pominville for 1st

Parise-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Koivu-Pulkkinen
Vanek-Namestnikov-Fontaine
Haula-Carter-Schroeder
Keranen

Suter-Dumba
Scandella-Brodin
Reilly-Folin
Prosser
(each have one O dman and one D dman)

Dubnyk
Kuemper
Backstrom

(assume signed Pulkkinen $1m, Namestnikov $1m, Haula $900k, Folin $1m)
Cap space: $9.12m
Roster spots needed: 0

Picks in 2016: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 7th

Not a fan of Pulkkinen but the value for that trade isn't bad. I might be willing to make that trade a year from now.

In what world does Namestnikov get Coyle+ ? That's a brutal trade for the Wild.

A Pominville for draft pick trade doesn't make much sense 2 weeks after the draft.

That 3rd line in your projected lineup would get killed often.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Pominville for 1st

Parise-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Koivu-Pulkkinen
Haula-Carter-Schroeder
Keranen

Suter-Dumba
Scandella-Brodin
Reilly-Folin
Prosser

Dubnyk
Kuemper
Backstrom

Spurgeon, Coyle, and Labbe >>> Namestnikov, Pulkkinen, and 2nd

The time Pominville might have brought in a 1st has passed.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
What is with all the Pomminville hate? This is getting ridiculous.
I admit it is mostly me. Overpaid, one-dimensional players deserve wrath when they lose their one-dimension. On amazing scoring chances, Pominville had 3x the whiffs of than actual goals this year.

Pominville is the new Rolston.

Vanek is the new Heatley.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
There is a deal out there for a top-6 center, but it probably cost us a Dumba or Tuch, or both. It doesn't sound like too many people are comfort paying that. Which is fine, but I wouldn't start trading our few tradeable assets for futures or scraps.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Anyone here have any interest in Semin on a one year low cap hit deal? Obviously his best days are behind him, but he is a former 40 goal scorer. I'm not advocating we get him, just simply seeing what the general opinion is around here.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Pominville for 1st

Parise-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Koivu-Pulkkinen
Haula-Carter-Schroeder
Keranen

Suter-Dumba
Scandella-Brodin
Reilly-Folin
Prosser

Dubnyk
Kuemper
Backstrom

A lot of question marks in that lineup...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I admit it is mostly me. Overpaid, one-dimensional players deserve wrath when they lose their one-dimension. On amazing scoring chances, Pominville had 3x the whiffs of than actual goals this year.

Pominville is the new Rolston.

Vanek is the new Heatley.

Except both actually produced points, and are still useful players.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Not a fan of Pulkkinen but the value for that trade isn't bad. I might be willing to make that trade a year from now.

In what world does Namestnikov get Coyle+ ? That's a brutal trade for the Wild.

A Pominville for draft pick trade doesn't make much sense 2 weeks after the draft.

That 3rd line in your projected lineup would get killed often.
Coyle+6.5C prospect is worth it because Namestnikov is already as good as Coyle and he is a natural center.

The Pominville trade will happen next offseason right before we need to re-sign our RFAs.

Why would Vanek-Namestnikov-Fontaine get killed while Vanek-Coyle-Fontaine wouldn't?
Yeah, I'd be more open to buying out Vanek next year than moving Pominville.

The cap hits are manageable.

2016-2017 season: $1,500,000 cap hit

2017-2018 season: $2,500,000 cap hit
WTF. Buying out Vanek shouldn't even be an option!
Spurgeon, Coyle, and Labbe >>> Namestnikov, Pulkkinen, and 2nd

The time Pominville might have brought in a 1st has passed.

That's a matter of opinion and in one year that could change once Pulkkinen and Namestnikov break into the NHL completely.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Having a blip in your shooting % means you are washed up and done forever.
The narrative that Pominville's drop in production was just a "blip" and that it will spring back to his "historic norm" is false.

Across the league, players in their low 30s almost never regain the production from even their late 20s. As a matter fact, they are on the decline. While a single year-to-year change could turn positive again, that is almost entirely due to external factors such as playing with better linemates or in a better situation.

On the Wild, Pominville is already in the best situation with the best linesmates. His external factors cannot improve any more than they already are. He got the prime scoring position on a #1PP that never left the ice. He played with the 2 best offensive players on the Wild. The only place to go is down. In other words, Pominville will be lucky to recreate his production from last season.

Pominville will be 33 this fall. Those whiffs, shots at the goalie's chest, and missed nets weren't unlucky. Your eyes were not playing a trick on you.

That was 92 games of evidence that Pominville's hands are going. Which is really bad when you are a one-dimensional offensive player.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Anyone here have any interest in Semin on a one year low cap hit deal? Obviously his best days are behind him, but he is a former 40 goal scorer. I'm not advocating we get him, just simply seeing what the general opinion is around here.

If there is one player you dont wanna in your locker room it's Semin.

J22*

Coyle+6.5C prospect is worth it because Namestnikov is already as good as Coyle and he is a natural center.

The Pominville trade will happen next offseason right before we need to re-sign our RFAs.

Why would Vanek-Namestnikov-Fontaine get killed while Vanek-Coyle-Fontaine wouldn't?

WTF. Buying out Vanek shouldn't even be an option!

That's a matter of opinion and in one year that could change once Pulkkinen and Namestnikov break into the NHL completely.

You can't be serious? Have you ever even seen Namestnikov play?
Who was Tampas 3rd line center in the playoffs?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The narrative that Pominville's drop in production was just a "blip" and that it will spring back to his "historic norm" is false.

Across the league, players in their low 30s almost never regain the production from even their late 20s. As a matter fact, they are on the decline. While a single year-to-year change could turn positive again, that is almost entirely due to external factors such as playing with better linemates or in a better situation.

On the Wild, Pominville is already in the best situation with the best linesmates. His external factors cannot improve any more than they already are. He got the prime scoring position on a #1PP that never left the ice. He played with the 2 best offensive players on the Wild. The only place to go is down. In other words, Pominville will be lucky to recreate his production from last season.

Pominville will be 33 this fall. Those whiffs, shots at the goalie's chest, and missed nets weren't unlucky. Your eyes were not playing a trick on you.

That was 92 games of evidence that Pominville's hands are going. Which is really bad when you are a one-dimensional offensive player.

Maybe.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You can't be serious? Have you ever even seen Namestnikov play?
Who was Tampas 3rd line center in the playoffs?
It depends on if Coyle is a RW or C. I think Namestnikov has higher upside as a center but I think Coyle has higher upside as a winger. Judging a rookie in the playoffs is hardly fair IMO.

p/60
Coyle: 1.76
Namestnikov: 1.86

Salary
Coyle $3.2m
Namestnikov likely less than $1m

J22*

It depends on if Coyle is a RW or C. I think Namestnikov has higher upside as a center but I think Coyle has higher upside as a winger. Judging a rookie in the playoffs is hardly fair IMO.

p/60
Coyle: 1.76
Namestnikov: 1.86

Salary
Coyle $3.2m
Namestnikov likely less than $1m

So, you've never seen him play and can't tell me who played 3rd line center for the Bolts in the playoffs?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So, you've never seen him play and can't tell me who played 3rd line center for the Bolts in the playoffs?

Paquette? Tell me how Coyle is so much better and how he's a better bang for buck player. Convince me.

J22*

Paquette? Tell me how Coyle is so much better and how he's a better bang for buck player. Convince me.

One guy turned 23 four months ago, is an established NHL player, was a very respectable 3rd line center this year and is still improving. He's also a quality option at RW, has great strength and size.

One guy turns 23 in four months, and has played a grand total of 59 games in the NHL. He's soft, isn't much of a 2-way player, although he isn't terrible on defense. His waiver exemption is up, so there's no more "seasoning" in the AHL. The biggest red flag though is, when his team needed a 3rd line center in the playoffs, they moved one of their 4th liners to the spot and scratched Namestnikov.

I am not arguing that Namestnikov doesn't have potential, or that he's a bad player for the Wild to try and acquire. To say he's better than Coyle right now or that he has more trade value is asinine. Namestnikovs value is much closer to Haula than it is to Coyle.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Coyle may be big but he's plenty soft himself. I wouldn't say there's much difference between the two players values at all. Haula value? Lol, are you serious? Let's pro rate all three players to 82 game seasons.

Coyle: 82GP 11g 24a 35pts
Names: 82GP 17g 13a 30pts
Haula: 82GP 8g 8a 16pts

One is younger, is a better goal scorer, has a higher p/60 and costs 1/3 of Coyle.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Unfortunately I think you are right. When we got Poms I was led to believe he was an all round player, when in fact he has proven to be a softie who is a liability when playing without the puck and a playoff no- show.

I really hope we're both wrong.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Couldn't agree more. It wouldn't be an issue if we weren't loaded with other capable replacements on the Parise line. Nino/Zucker/Vanek/Coyle all are worthy of a look on the top line depending on the time. Pominville also disappears in the playoffs, he has no next level and just because we have Vanek dogging it on the third line doesn't mean Pominville should get a pass. His contract will look really bad in a couple years when his body falls apart. If we can move him for any good value I would be happy. He's not like Koivu in that he brings something indispensable (faceoffs, shutdown) to the table.

J22*

Unfortunately I think you are right. When we got Poms I was led to believe he was an all round player, when in fact he has proven to be a softie who is a liability when playing without the puck and a playoff no- show.

I really hope we're both wrong.

Couldn't agree more. It wouldn't be an issue if we weren't loaded with other capable replacements on the Parise line. Nino/Zucker/Vanek/Coyle all are worthy of a look on the top line depending on the time. Pominville also disappears in the playoffs, he has no next level and just because we have Vanek dogging it on the third line doesn't mean Pominville should get a pass. His contract will look really bad in a couple years when his body falls apart. If we can move him for any good value I would be happy. He's not like Koivu in that he brings something indispensable (faceoffs, shutdown) to the table.

So, this is the next line of ******** that we're just going to accept as fact around here? Are you guys aware that they keep statistics during the playoffs? Are you also aware that those statistics are easily found on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad