GDT: Trades & Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
Unless our elite scorers are willing to get to the areas where it is difficult even painful to play in, it will be another year of the same or similar results. They have to be willing to be slashed and crosschecked to get to areas where the majority of goals are scored. So far that has not happened. Can a leopard change its spots?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Outside of the last 2 games (back to back with a flu bug going around the dressing room) this team has played pretty decently really. The "Reilly run" we had going showed what the team is capable of when they get in a groove. Yes it doesn't happen enough, but show me a team where it does? Every team could lament that there were games they "should have won" or "needed another goal from their star to win". Our goalies were a hot mess early and started to come around finally yet we are top ten, 10 points out of first (and 2 teams in our division at the top of the league). The doom and gloom is over the top I think.

We'll see what happens but I do like the fact we have at least one heavy banger on every pairing on D, and the depth of Domi and Bert may well pay off come playoff time. We do have some depth, just have to get hot at the right time.
I recall the run which included shutting out the Oilers in Edmonton without Matty in the lineup and Hymie was a beast. They folded that April like a cheap umbrella.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Toffoli for a 2nd and a 3rd. Come on now.
1709922932810.png

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
I miss our Chuckwoods signal. good old days :laugh:
I could make up some fake rumours for you if you like them that much. Heck, these days ask chatGPT to make up some rumours if you like to hear about trades that will never happen.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
"JT makes 11m so he should be on the second line"

Seriously hes a third liner now. Time to move on.

Reactions: TMLAM34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad