GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

Aug 3, 2010
Sekera (FA) to Kings for McKeown and a conditional first. (2015 if the make the playoffs, otherwise 2016)

Hell of a price to pay but if they win another Cup (and they are heating up with perfect timing) then it's a non-issue at all. I don't know much about McKeown though.

Sekera was the one pending UFA that I wanted Treliving to acquire, but the price was obviously too steep.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Sekera isn't a game changer by any means. Carolina fleeced LA

But on the bright side with guys like Tlusty going for 3rds, and 1sts being passed around [mod].. I like our chances on maximizing full value for Glencross.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

But on the bright side with guys like Tlusty going for 3rds, and 1sts being passed around [mod].. I like our chances on maximizing full value for Glencross.

He was amazing for Carolina last year, if he can find his offensive game in LA it could be a huge add.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I don't know about that. Sekera is a good dman; he's maybe not built to be a teams top pairing guy... But he is going to thrive in the middle pair role.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Sekera's pretty good. Fairly standard deadline deal for a rental.

If it seems like a lot, maybe it's because first round picks become more and more valuable around here with each passing season.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Treliving is smart. I think the overpayments with these past trades are giving Glencross a good value imo. And the GM that has not made a move will want to make one, and overpay (I am looking at you Washington/Tampa Bay).

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
So, quick question about the draft: if you don't make the playoffs, do you have a chance to win the lottery and get 1st over-all?

I ask this because I think protected 1st round picks could actually be a possibility for teams hoping to obtain players...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So, quick question about the draft: if you don't make the playoffs, do you have a chance to win the lottery and get 1st over-all?

I ask this because I think protected 1st round picks could actually be a possibility for teams hoping to obtain players...
yes. all non-playoff teams have a chance

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
The Yotes just called up Samuelsson... Vermette's as good as gone.

I betcha it's to Boston.

They're probably going hard after him. Losing krejci for an extended amount of time hurts and that hole needs to be filled.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00