Trade Day - All trade info here

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Any way to see us trading up in the draft come seasons end? Of course assuming we finish with the 8th or more

Last edited:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Someone above said that we need a complete offensive overhaul and I agree with that. We've only got 3 forwards that would be in the top 6 on typical teams. (Doan, Vrbata, Boedker), Vermette is really a tweener #2/#3 and Hanzal is for sure a #3.

I really like Gordon, and hope that we can keep him and he's a true #4 center, someone you could put between Klinkhammr and Brown and feel good most nights they are going to punish the opposition in the corners.

So our 4th line is set, but after that, we have many holes up front. I was reviewing the UFA's this summer :shakehead :help: there isn't anyone that we can grab that is going to be an upgrade to what we can afford or already have.

With that said, it looks like this is the best time to tank and get our #1 center and then have Donny do what he does so well and upgrade our 1st line LW. (Whitney, we miss you)

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
for the people who are hoping that we tank, what do you expect to get back? We won't be getting an offensive retool, we will be selling are pending UFA's and lower line guys for picks. That's what sellers do.

Last edited:

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
for the people who are hoping that we tank, what do you expect to get back? We won't be getting an offensive retool, we will be selling are pending UFA's and lower line guys for picks. That's what sellers do.

possibly, but I think the bigger prize is the low draft pick.

This team needs a retool, the top 2 lines have gone stale and that all important chemistry seems off. Our most effective line is our fourth.

I feel like the ownership woes have finally crept into the locker room and it is showing on the ice. We are finding ways to lose in heartbreaking fashion. There would be no cinderella playoff run if they were to somehow sneak in. Better that Maloney should write this season off and go back to the drawing board.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What would you rather have next year? Chris Brown @750k and a 2nd round pick or Torres @2 million?

Pretty easy for me. With a lack of offensive prospects and a tight budget, I think guys like Gordon and Torres are the first to go. May as well cash them in for what they are worth.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

I don't give a **** what we get back for our pending UFAs, we would be tanking for a high pick to net us a franchise forward.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

We'd be tanking for a shot at MacKinnon/Drouin/Barkov/Lindholm/Monahan. Though since this is apparently a deep draft, if some of our UFAs can get us late 1st rounders, I'd pull the trigger on those deals as well. We need franchise forwards, plain and simple.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
We'd be tanking for a shot at MacKinnon/Drouin/Barkov/Lindholm/Monahan. Though since this is apparently a deep draft, if some of our UFAs can get us late 1st rounders, I'd pull the trigger on those deals as well. We need franchise forwards, plain and simple.

Hell it would even more sweet if we can sucker teams out of the playoff picture as well for their 1st draft picks and gain our new 1st scoring line with the help of having the 1st 3 overall picks in the next draft.

Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Poster.jpg

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hell it would even more sweet if we can sucker teams out of the playoff picture as well for their 1st draft picks and gain our new 1st scoring line with the help of having the 1st 3 overall picks in the next draft.

Where's Scott Howson when you need him? :laugh:

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I can see a sell-off, but I also believe that Maloney will try to bring in players for next season. Since Boston acquired Iginla, I wonder if they will trade Peverley (so they can re-sign Iginla). Something like a rental + prospect/draft pick.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I can see a sell-off, but I also believe that Maloney will try to bring in players for next season. Since Boston acquired Iginla, I wonder if they will trade Peverley (so they can re-sign Iginla). Something like a rental + prospect/draft pick.

So far the trade is not 100% yet according to the main board.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If the Coyotes are sitting there with MacKinnon or Drouin, I'd trade Yandle to the Flyers or Edmonton if that pick gets you the other. Or if you win the lottery, you can hold Seth Jones hostage. Drafting 2 highly touted junior kids like that is something you can really market.

edit: there's a rumor of Lucic to EDM for that pick. Turn around and trade Yandle & Doan to Boston for that pick + extras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad