Trade Day - All trade info here

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Take whatever we can get for Sullivan or Lombardi, which is probably nothing.

If some desperate team wants to offer a 1st for Smith or Rusty, do it.

Clear some space and take a 3rd or better for Torres or Moss.

I would like to keep Torres if he would take a slight reduction in salary. Moss I like, but a little expensive.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Coyotes running out of time as deadline looms
“We’re right at the cliff as far as I’m concerned,” Maloney said. “If we slide much further, all bets are off. We’re going to go out and find assets. This is reality.”

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/nhl...-time-as-deadline-?blockID=884345&feedID=3545

Phoenix Coyotes trade rumors, trade deadline outlook

They'd trade Yandle -- not because of money -- but because the Coyotes' offence is so weak even coach Dave Tippett's defensive style can't support an offence that was recently shutout three games in a row.

The Coyotes also have Steve Sullivan who could be pried away per Spector.

If the Coyotes wanted to, they could be very active with a lot of "rental" players on the roster.

Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review suggested that defenseman Rostislav Klesla could be a target

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/e...x-coyotes-trade-rumors-trade-deadline-outlook

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't there is a market for Sullivan. There is DEFINITELY no market for Lombardi. You might be able to get a third round pick for Torres, so why even bother?

I don't want to move Korpikoski. I think he's a good player

I like Moss just fine, but if they refuse to play him on the PP he's overpaid by a million bucks a year. We can't afford that luxury. I say move him either now or at the draft. He probably has very little value. Maybe the equivalent of a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Klesla I'd be willing to move for the right deal. Really solid player, but he's always hurt and is pretty pricey for the third pair. Especially with how well Stone and Schlemko have played. Plus, Rundblad and Gormley are around in case of injury.

It's probably time to turn the page on Summers. He's a good prospect and I like him, but he's clearly getting passed up by all of the other top young D in the system.

I noticed the Wings D tonight committed a lot of turn overs and got pushed around physically at times. Even little Steve Sullivan bowled over two of them. Maybe they'd be interested in Klesla? Moss and Summers are Wolverines and could fit in, too.

Wonder if we could get a little something for Klesla, Moss, and Summers to Detroit? It'd clear five million dollars for next season. That alone might be worth it.

A little something for Klesla? I would think we may be surprised what he could bring at the deadline. I would also add Michalek to the mix, at 4mil a year, way overpriced. I know he blocks shots, but so does Schlemko. At the deadline, GM's go all out to win the cup, and most times overpay.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
See, here's where I'm conflicted. If we are going to entertain the idea of trading Yandle at the draft, than we can't very well go trading off Klesla and Michalek, Willy nilly. We will need those guys, and can afford them, if we move Yandle largely for futures.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't see any reason why the team shouldn't be able to re-sign Korpi to something in the $2.0m-$2.5m/year range. Which is fine for a 0.5PPG 2nd/3rd liner.

p.s. In case there's any confusion, Korpi will be an RFA.

Hey mouser, how do amnesty buy outs work? Will there be a certain window this off-season where they are allowed? Can a team pull the trigger at any time?

Both Smith and Yandle to Philly would probably be appealing to the Flyers, if they could immediately amnesty both Briere and Bryzgalov.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Will Yandle be used to bring in a legit top six center or will Maloney pull the trigger on the best offer?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Keep Rundblad for sure. He's a great trade chip but we aren't buying, no need to give him up. Plus i truly think we'll be kicking ourselves if we trade him.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone not named OEL is available. For **** sakes we are near the bottom, we are not good enough. If Smith didn't stand on his head we would have missed the play offs last year.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Hey mouser, how do amnesty buy outs work? Will there be a certain window this off-season where they are allowed? Can a team pull the trigger at any time?

Both Smith and Yandle to Philly would probably be appealing to the Flyers, if they could immediately amnesty both Briere and Bryzgalov.

I would imagine that the buy out happens before free agency starts.
Smith to the Flyers? That's an interesting concept...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

rt, two questions for ya. Who do you want coming back from Philly? If Smith leaves, who would you like to see in the net next year?

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
In my opinion, smith it just too inconsistent. I think its time to find a new starter and let Johnson come in as a backup

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
See, here's where I'm conflicted. If we are going to entertain the idea of trading Yandle at the draft, than we can't very well go trading off Klesla and Michalek, Willy nilly. We will need those guys, and can afford them, if we move Yandle largely for futures.

I think GMDM will have a handle on it and know which way he will be going by the deadline.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Will Yandle be used to bring in a legit top six center or will Maloney pull the trigger on the best offer?

We don't need to move Yandle, so Maloney won't just take the best deal available unless it's actually good enough.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Is it just me or is the term "rental" often overused? From what I have seen in the past, rental is something that just does not apply with what this team does. Once a player is gone they are ether gone for good or we get them back quite sometime later via a trade(Morris and Z).

theTik41

Jan 21, 2013
jokinen has a salary of 3 million, dont think we can afford him. plus we need what extra $ we have to sign boedker.

albertabound

Jan 25, 2008
Smith would be good to keep as a back up, not a starter. Raffi I fine is playing like he is scared to screw up and needs to go back to his hitting game(clean hits that is.) this style he is playing is not Raffi.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
*The Penguins still have cap room, and Coyotes GM Don Maloney has been following them around.

*The Coyotes coaching staff remains unsigned for next season. The league is willing to re-sign them, but they want to know the future of the organization first.

Odd that it says coaching staff specifically. No mention of Maloney.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Hey guys,

Just wanted your input on a fantasy keeper simulation league we're running over in HFNYR.

For Lecavalier, Conacher and Namestnikov (Connolly's no longer on TB), would you deal OEL?
Moneywise every team can spend to the cap.

If not, what kind of deal would you look for that doesn't include Stamkos or Hedman?

Our commissioner requested I ask you guys before he would approve the trade.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Hey guys,

Just wanted your input on a fantasy keeper simulation league we're running over in HFNYR.

For Lecavalier, Conacher and Namestnikov (Connolly's no longer on TB), would you deal OEL?
Moneywise every team can spend to the cap.

If not, what kind of deal would you look for that doesn't include Stamkos or Hedman?

Our commissioner requested I ask you guys before he would approve the trade.

One that doesn't include OEL. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad