Speculation: Trade and Free Agency - 2024-25

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So we're probably crossing off Ohgren from getting meaningful time and definitely crossing off Heidt from the same, I'm thinking.

I was thinking Heidt never had a real shot at making the team unless he blows the doors off

My thought would still be

Kaprizov-Ek/Rossi-Boldy
Zuccarello-Rossi/Ek-Hartman
Ohgren-Gaudreau/Khus-Foligno
Trenin-Khus/Gaudreau-Lauko
Johansson

But I could see them dropping Ohgren down to line 4 and moving Trenin up. Could also see Trenin on L3, Johansson on L4 and Ohgren in Iowa, which wouldn't be my favorite, but also wouldn't be the end of the world if they want him getting top offensive and PP minutes. But if that's how they choose to handle Ohgren, I would argue Khusnutdinov should get that treatment too.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I was thinking Heidt never had a real shot at making the team unless he blows the doors off

My thought would still be

Kaprizov-Ek/Rossi-Boldy
Zuccarello-Rossi/Ek-Hartman
Ohgren-Gaudreau/Khus-Foligno
Trenin-Khus/Gaudreau-Lauko
Johansson

But I could see them dropping Ohgren down to line 4 and moving Trenin up. Could also see Trenin on L3, Johansson on L4 and Ohgren in Iowa, which wouldn't be my favorite, but also wouldn't be the end of the world if they want him getting top offensive and PP minutes. But if that's how they choose to handle Ohgren, I would argue Khusnutdinov should get that treatment too.
I don't think they're dropping Johanssen that far.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Guerin's love of grinders who can't score is going to keep us in mediocrity for as long as he is GM.

He has doubled down on the Foligno/Freddy signings. I would've been ok with this signing and amount if it was one year, but 4? WTH?

Reactions: brainfreeze and AKL

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I would feel better about this deal if it wasn't for the Freddy G contract already on the team. I'd also like it a bit more if he was better at FOs.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Someone asked Russo What BG has up his sleeve for top 6 guy and Russo responded Laine! so we will see

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Middleton coming in a bit more than what I would’ve liked, but that’s the cost of doing business I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad