GDT: "Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs" - Winnipeg @ Seattle, 2022 Nov 13 @ 7pm CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Still always funny! Will laugh at that shit on my deathbed.

Life is supposed to be fun! Why is everyone trying to suck the fun out of it?

Let me be clear: I took a giant shit on Big Bang Theory in the GDT, but it's wildly popular and had a monumental run. But we all have things that rub us the wrong way in a way that can't be funny, which is why the 'snowflake' rhetoric is really just.. yeah.

I think there are objective things you can say ABOUT humour -- you can objectively say (for instance) how 'shock humour' or 'gallows humour' works, and what a joke is trying to accomplish along those lines, even if it doesn't give one the reaction intended.

And yes this is already too much serious talk about funny talk; in the words of a third great English language wit (Mark Twain): "explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog; sure, you understand it better, but think of what it does to the frog!"

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Let me be clear: I took a giant shit on Big Bang Theory in the GDT, but it's wildly popular and had a monumental run. But we all have things that rub us the wrong way in a way that can't be funny, which is why the 'snowflake' rhetoric is really just.. yeah.

I think there are objective things you can say ABOUT humour -- you can objectively say (for instance) how 'shock humour' or 'gallows humour' works, and what a joke is trying to accomplish along those lines, even if it doesn't give one the reaction intended.

And yes this is already too much serious talk about funny talk; in the words of a third great English language wit (Mark Twain): "explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog; sure, you understand it better, but think of what it does to the frog!"
Funny shit is funny shit

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
NHL schedule sucks so much. Jets have 3 days off play a game and then play another game 22 hrs later, would it have been that hard to start this game 2 hrs later and start the Calgary game an hour earlier so that the turnaround period between the two games was a bit more reasonable?

This one? Who knows.

The Calgary game? Completely unreasonable to Sportsnet who dictate when Canadian teams play on Saturdays.

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
I have a 15 minute window here between the nerve-wracking Bombers victory and the upcoming Jets game. (Or, more accurately, about 12 minutes before the traditional "shut your effing laptop" growl here.)

I'm predicting that the Jets will have a comeback game after last night's less than stellar effort. I'm predicting that the defence will make an extra effort to protect Rittich. I'm hoping that Connor will regain some of last year's mojo and that Essy will reward the confidence of the coaches will an excellent contribution. And wouldn't it be nice if Scheif makes more of an effort to backcheck and Wheeler doesn't have quite so much time on the ice?

Given our Sunday night traditions here, I won't be back on here today but I'll check back tomorrow morning to rejoice or consume crow. Let's go, Jets!

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1668387481250.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad