Speculation: "Toronto's forward lines look like Swiss cheese" - Jay Rosehill

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
They just had an end of season press conference where they introduced a new suit and promised change because the patterns and patience indicated change was needed.

In front of your very eyes, they are just running it back. A new coat of paint on the same foundation. I’d say it’s pretty mild here and there is no accountability.

Very easy.
Step 1 fail.
Step 2 media goes crazy.
Step 3 say some stuff will change.
Step 4 do the same thing.
Step 5 everyone agrees yeah, that’s not bad.
Step 6. Expect different results.
Step 7. Go to step 1.
I am willing to wait and see what happens after the playoffs. Taking control away from Shanahan, to me, was a step in the right direction. Marner holds all the cards, and I believe Tre will not make a bad trade.

Reactions: Nineteen67

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I’ve watched it for yrs and can compare to other markets and it’s a very tame media. They may be annoying but they are very tame.

If the New York Yankees manager criticized his player for lack of effort and then walked it back, the media would be all over it, however in Toronto when it happened it was like nothing after a few hours.

I when I look at the situation where a player whnes about being benched and then has some suspect efforts in the playoffs, I see red flags.

Before he talked to media the 1st time, a coach already spoke to his guy at least once on the bench and at least once in the locker room.

What's a coach telling to his player and to media are 2 different thing and be sure what's he said to his player was for sure worst than what he said on media. So if you're thinking from the softess version was for the player, come back in reality because what had been said in private was certainly worst

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I’ve watched it for yrs and can compare to other markets and it’s a very tame media. They may be annoying but they are very tame.

If the New York Yankees manager criticized his player for lack of effort and then walked it back, the media would be all over it, however in Toronto when it happened it was like nothing after a few hours.

I when I look at the situation where a player whines about being benched and then has some suspect efforts in the playoffs, I see red flags.
I agree. The media in Toronto is about as tame and timid as it gets. Most of them are glorified fans who aren't very good at hiding that reality.

Reactions: Nineteen67

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
They just had an end of season press conference where they introduced a new suit and promised change because the patterns and patience indicated change was needed.

In front of your very eyes, they are just running it back. A new coat of paint on the same foundation. I’d say it’s pretty mild here and there is no accountability.

Very easy.
Step 1 fail.
Step 2 media goes crazy.
Step 3 say some stuff will change.
Step 4 do the same thing.
Step 5 everyone agrees yeah, that’s not bad.
Step 6. Expect different results.
Step 7. Go to step 1.
What changes did you expect to happen this summer?

I've asked this of other posters who have made the "nothing is changed" comment, but without getting a real answer.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Before he talked to media the 1st time, a coach already spoke to his guy at least once on the bench and at least once in the locker room.

What's a coach telling to his player and to media are 2 different thing and be sure what's he said to his player was for sure worst than what he said on media. So if you're thinking from the softess version was for the player, come back in reality because what had been said in private was certainly worst
So if the coach had to publicly apologize for a mild public statement, what did gf have to do for a more severe private one?

You keep stressing that coaches regularly criticize players in public. How often do they have to apologize in public?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Other questions certainly: Does Matthews stay healthy and perform in the playoffs as he does in the regular season? Does Reilly return to his playoffs form of a few years ago? When Woll is injured, does Stolarz shore up the position without a dip in quality? And on and on.

But to be clear, Treliving's management core didn't gamble the 2025 1st away. Dubas did. Treliving is merely clearing the debris away while keeping his eye on the prize. We're a year away from seeing what Treliving (and management) are able to do when contracts come off the books. In the interim, Treliving has done a good job, and performed it differently than Dubas in as positive a way as I think any fanbase could hope for, all things considered.
I know imagine thinking Dubas did a good job.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
So if the coach had to publicly apologize for a mild public statement, what did gf have to do for a more severe private one?

You keep stressing that coaches regularly criticize players in public. How often do they have to apologize in public?

You never tought it could only be he didn't want to manage an internal situation in public and just realize he's gone too far in that side and apology for this simple reason?

If an NHL coach just critize his player in public and never manage those kind of situation in private when needed, he's certainly one of worst coach in the world. An nhl coach should be able to say the truth to his player for good or bad reason, if he don't personally i don't know how he can do his job.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You never tought it could only be he didn't want to manage an internal situation in public and just realize he's gone too far in that side and apology for this simple reason?

If an NHL coach just critize his player in public and never manage those kind of situation in private when needed, he's certainly one of worst coach in the world. An nhl coach should be able to say the truth to his player for good or bad reason, if he don't personally i don't know how he can do his job.
Again, you have completely missed the point. Since you avoided answering the question, I have to assume it was deliberate.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Again, you have completely missed the point. Since you avoided answering the question, I have to assume it was deliberate.
What i don't understand is why people still talking about it. This whole thing is an absolute non-story. Keefe made a comment to the media, realized he didn't particularly liked how it sounded, and then clarified (not apologized) with the team to make sure they were aware of what he meant.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What i don't understand is why people still talking about it. This whole thing is an absolute non-story. Keefe made a comment to the media, realized he didn't particularly liked how it sounded, and then clarified (not apologized) with the team to make sure they were aware of what he meant.
Yep, it can be a weird place at times. Not sure why anyone would care about it 5 minutes after it happened

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You're obviously talking about a different incident than everyone else.

And you still didn't answer my question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad