Proposal: Toronto - Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Why would the Leafs consider trading Nylander? Young, cost controlled potential star forward.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
I would assume in any talk between Winnipeg and Toronto regarding Trouba the Leafs would inquire about his salary demands and anything north of 5 million would shut it down.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Toronto isn't trading Nylander, I'll put money down that he's our leading scorer next year. I like Trouba, but no chance are we moving our top defensive prospect and our best young nhl ready forward. We are not good trading partners.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If you don't talk Rielly, I don't want to talk.

sure we can talk rielly. laine would look good in a leafs jersey.
trouba? lol. we will keep our guy signed for a reasonable 5 mil per contract. the guy that was mvp of canada.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
The Jets have no need for Nylander. They have all the talent in the world in the wings already. Let alone potential first line winger or a good second line center not landing close in value of a young first pairing defence man. The Jets wouldn't even consider this unless there are some real actual problems in signing the extension of which we are not aware of. The faster Trouba gets signed, the less we have these proposals.

Leafsforlife98

Nov 2, 2011
Toronto is not trading Nylander. End of story. Babcock has already said Willie will line up with Matthews as his right winger who will take right sided face offs.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To Toronto: Trouba, Petan

To Winnipeg: Nylander, Dermott, 2017 2nd

What part of Winnipeg having an over abundance of Forwards isn't being understood. And how many times does it need to be said that if Trouba is coming to Toronto then Morgan Rielly is going the other way. That's that only way Lou is getting Trouba out of Winnipeg for starters. And Dermont wont cut it for Cheveldayoff. And Trouba will most likely cost Toronto far more then what Rielly is now.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
The Jets have no need for Nylander. They have all the talent in the world in the wings already. Let alone potential first line winger or a good second line center not landing close in value of a young first pairing defence man. The Jets wouldn't even consider this unless there are some real actual problems in signing the extension of which we are not aware of. The faster Trouba gets signed, the less we have these proposals.

Nylander is a C, who played as a C in the NHL.

Rielly is slightly better at putting up more points than Trouba. Trouba is much better at actually playing defence than Rielly

Nope.

And Trouba's value is in what he could become, what he currently is isn't that special. Anyone thinking Rielly as a return needs to figure out what decent + comes with Trouba to even get a conversation started. And remember that in the upcoming WC Rielly is top-pair and Jacob is their 7th D.

I think Nylander straight up is an overpay too. At this point Trouba could be a Suter, or a Luke Schenn... Not giving up blue-chip prospects for a guy who has stagnated, or at least hasn't made any great strides in development like many of the other top D from his own draft.

What part of Winnipeg having an over abundance of Forwards isn't being understood. And how many times does it need to be said that if Trouba is coming to Toronto then Morgan Rielly is going the other way. That's that only way Lou is getting Trouba out of Winnipeg for starters. And Dermont wont cut it for Cheveldayoff. And Trouba will most likely cost Toronto far more then what Rielly is now.

Doubt you've seen enough of any of the players mentioned to have such opinions.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Nope.

And Trouba's value is in what he could become, what he currently is isn't that special. Anyone thinking Rielly as a return needs to figure out what decent + comes with Trouba to even get a conversation started. And remember that in the upcoming WC Rielly is top-pair and Jacob is their 7th D.

I think Nylander straight up is an overpay too. At this point Trouba could be a Suter, or a Luke Schenn... Not giving up blue-chip prospects for a guy who has stagnated, or at least hasn't made any great strides in development like many of the other top D from his own draft.

Who cares don't have to, Bottom line is if Lou wants Trouba Winnipeg doesn't need more Forwards they need LHD like Rielly or Gardiner those would be the pieces that Cheveldayoff would be seeking in a deal for Jacob Trouba not William Nylander when they're set at the C position.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Reading your post, doubt you've watched enough of Trouba to have such opinions.

It's easy to tell who hasn't watched any Jets games and doesn't know what they are talking about. You think he's "stagnated", but that is incorrect.

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/6/6/don-t...you-trouba-has-been-getting-better-and-better

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB

Nope.

LOL on a depth chart for tourney being played in Toronto that needs to sell tickets.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
It seems like a no from both sides, Nylander and to a lesser extent Dermott had really good years, But I'm not going to pretend I have as much knowledge of Petan because I don't. Trouba sure would look good in a Leafs sweater though.

Ttownjets61

Jun 1, 2016
sure we can talk rielly. laine would look good in a leafs jersey.
trouba? lol. we will keep our guy signed for a reasonable 5 mil per contract. the guy that was mvp of canada.

You leafs fans are just over the top with everything. Didn't realize Reilly was an mvp for Canada at the worlds. Didn't Michael matheson win mvp for defense? Also laine won tournament mvp. Also how you guys assume Reilly is already sloted into the #1 spot for the World Cup.

Leafs fans should just start planing the parade for the cup they'll win. Every other day you guys make a proposal for trouba and within 10 responses he sucks and not worth it. Is demanding to much money etc.

No matter how many times jets fans empathize the fact those rumours in regards to his contact demands where false you guys always hang your hat on it.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Awful. Keep trouba and his 7 million demand

Nobody would give him 7 million so if that's a demand it's one that will go unfulfilled. The benchmark is set at 5-5.4 range so if he thinks he's worth more he'll have go for a shorter term bridge deal and improve his game considerably.
7 million is established number 1 coin.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Reading your post, doubt you've watched enough of Trouba to have such opinions.

It's easy to tell who hasn't watched any Jets games and doesn't know what they are talking about. You think he's "stagnated", but that is incorrect.

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/6/6/don-t...you-trouba-has-been-getting-better-and-better

Cool article, one was put out a couple years back about Jake Gardiner being a defensive God. He's also a consistent 30pts player and and LD. Gardiner for Trouba straight up, right?

LOL on a depth chart for tourney being played in Toronto that needs to sell tickets.

Sound logic, you'd think hockey wasn't king in Toronto already, that they'd need to do that. Truth is that even on the right-side Rielly is better.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Good to see Trouba is still one of the most overrated players on this site :laugh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Who cares don't have to, Bottom line is if Lou wants Trouba Winnipeg doesn't need more Forwards they need LHD like Rielly or Gardiner those would be the pieces that Cheveldayoff would be seeking in a deal for Jacob Trouba not William Nylander when they're set at the C position.

Which is why a deal doesn't work...the Leafs need to add to our D. I also don't see any reason for the Jets to move Trouba UNLESS he sticks to his high demands. Rielly's contract should be a benchmark for Trouba, and i think they get a signing done.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Which is why a deal doesn't work...the Leafs need to add to our D. I also don't see any reason for the Jets to move Trouba UNLESS he sticks to his high demands. Rielly's contract should be a benchmark for Trouba, and i think they get a signing done.

Either Rielly isn't quite as awesome as we are led to believe by many here, or his agent got taken to the cleaners by Leafs' management in contract negotiations.

I think the Jets will want to push for 7-8 years (instead of 6) and would be willing to increase the AAV into the 5.75-6.0 range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad