GDT: Toronto vs Montréal 7PM ET - CBC/RDS/NHLN-US

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
It's always the same old problem with these games. Do we play into the Leafs strength by suiting up our hapless, slow fighters, thus making our team weaker, or do we go with speed and skill and hope we make it through unscathed?

Parros is going to cost us a goal. Will his five minutes of ice time make up for it?

The only problem is if we go with skill and end up losing on the scoresheet by more than 2 goals. Then it's the worst of all worlds and that's when we see ****ing ridiculous sideshow goonery BS from the usual clowns.

Just go with the skill guys and win. Orr will stay in his hole.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
We won all the fights opening night, but I feel we kind of lost our intensity when Parros broke his face on the ice.

True. However, we didn't play our game as we were trying to prove a point; that we could match them physically. Took us out of our element. Felt like a "Bruins moral victory" when they couldn't beat us during that stretch four years ago.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
we used to play a great style vs. Bruins a few seasons ago, when we beat them like 8 straight times, they would come in bruising and fighting and we would go 3-6 on PP and win.
they would win 1 or 2 fights and it never mattered. I wish MT would go review those tapes, because we have blown a bunch of games vs. north east since.

Markov - Streit - Kovalev. A murderers row of PP beasts. Cross ice to Kovy or lateral to Streit; the puck was ending up in the back of the net regardless.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Baby Gangsta :yo:

But the REAL question for tonight's game is:

Will MiG's GDT deliver?

BaVimOPCQAAbYfY.jpg:large

2013-14 GDT stats:

Moen in Glory 1-3-0 .250%

hwzjhv.jpg

We need a win from you, Manu!

;)

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Markov - Streit - Kovalev. A murderers row of PP beasts. Cross ice to Kovy or lateral to Streit; the puck was ending up in the back of the net regardless.

We still have the most important guy out of the 3.;)

I expect a big night for the PP (and for Subban and Markov) with Toronto's indiscipline.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Kill them. Burn them. Destroy them. Make them bleed from their toes to their eyebrows.

Oups... wrong forum, wrong board :laugh:

Can't wait for tonight. Go Habs go !

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
And now it's getting a lot harder to pick one GDT for the end of the season tournament.

Vancouver has a couple GDT heavyweights too. Tough competition!

So the Pacific and, by extension, the West is no longer a given for the Sharks.

I can't believe that Son of Marchment (sp?) actually made the Bruins improve on the GDT arena... they dwelt at the bottom of the East (in the GDT scene) for years, and, with the right choice, they think they can actually stand a chance against the best GDT-makers of the East? (Habs, Canes, Red Wings, NYI) We must brace ourselves if it came to that...

68*

Can't wait for the NHL to ban goons from hockey. Not fighting, just goons that can't play. I understand why Parros is in the lineup tonight though.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
so do Toronto get their mandatory 5 on 3 in the first or second period tonight?

Also, I expect the usual Price stinker against the Leafs we get every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad