Proposal: Toronto-Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
I said he is at the age where F go out of their prime as opposed to D at that age go out of their prime. Scott Hartnell is in his mid 30's producing 1st line LW production on 3rd line minutes. This year he has 8 points playing 4th line most of the time. Sometimes players play well past the age they are supposed to decline. That doesn't mean when judging a players value you don't factor in age and older forwards have less value then older D that's just 100% fact. I'll order you the fries but I need your employee discount I only got $3.50 in my wallet.

Haha that was a good one. I see what you're saying, but I'd still say JVR is years away from an actual decline.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Haha that was a good one. I see what you're saying, but I'd still say JVR is years away from an actual decline.
I'm happy you could take a joke I thought of it when typing and had to throw it in there haha but I get what you mean with the decline as a CBJ fan most of our top paid guys are older and playing great it doesn't mean a decline. I'm actually a fan of JVR haha just debating so many different deals with him involved you eventually get used to trying to explain why the value is different and forget you actually like the player haha.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
You'd think the multiple threads. The bazillion posts. Countless Canucks fans saying unless there is one of the three pieces you don't wanna move. Tanev isn't going to Toronto. At least Chris. You can call Winny about Brandon.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Step 1: Offer a bad trade for a player the other team doesn't to trade

Step 2: Other team tells you to get lost

Step 3: Act outraged that the team didn't accept your crappy offer for a player they don't want to trade

Step 4: Rinse, repeat

Literally every single Tanev trade offer from Leafs fans explained in 4 quick steps.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Step 1: Offer a bad trade for a player the other team doesn't to trade

Step 2: Other team tells you to get lost

Step 3: Act outraged that the team didn't accept your crappy offer for a player they don't want to trade

Step 4: Rinse, repeat

Literally every single Tanev trade offer from Leafs fans explained in 4 quick steps.

It's actually any Toronto or Montreal thread these days.
Least the Coil fans have realized they need to get better and its costs like their offseason.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I would like to acquire Morgan Rielly.

Hansen
2nd
Gaunce

should do it. I know you don't want to trade him but who cares about that. If you don't accept that then I will tell you how Rielly isn't even worth that much.

CM-

Mar 15, 2007
Edmonton
Vancouver fans think Tanev is in the top level of D men in the NHL so your going to get roasted from them. They want Nylander , Marner type prospects for Tanev so be prepared for that.

I believe Tanev for JVR is a fair talent trade. Both guys are the same level of player in their respective positions. Neither are superstars, but both are in the top two Lines/Pairings type players who can play with top talent. With that said, I don't think Vancouver wants to move Tanev for a lateral move(fill one position by creating a hole in another), If nucks move Tanev its a full scale rebuild so it will be picks prospects.

Leafs side JVR is clicking with Bozak and Marner so why break that up?

Yes we would like a Nylander/Marner. But understand that we aren't going to get one of those. Kapanen who is of a similiar ilk but doesn't seem to have the same ceiling as the other two. plus a pick or another decent to good prospect is what it should take to acquire a Tanev. JVR is a great player, but he does not fill what Vancouver should be looking for in a trade. All acquiring JVR does is probably move Vancouver from drafting one of Patrick/Liljegran and into picking 5th/6th. Which we really need to stop doing a season or two of getting ideally a top 2 pick and trading away some veteran's for some youth. Should help Vancouver to rebuild. We appear to have a decent starting block of youth (Horvat/Boeser/Juolevi/Stecher/Demko) need to add to that pool.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
JVR and Tanev centric deal isn't that outlandish in terms of abstract value

Toronto adds but not a huge amount. Whether or not the Nucks would do the deal is another matter

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Yet in many threads that seems to be what many expect.

Set the bar high and if you're lucky the team (or in this case fans might say yes). If no, then they can offer something that won't have us saying no in regards into an asset they want.

Nylander or Marner is a no for you guys just like VanRiemsdyk is a bad return for us because new shouldn't be discussing trading our #1 pairing guy unless we're rebuilding or Benning is completely baked one day in the office.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I would like to acquire Morgan Rielly.

Hansen
2nd
Gaunce

should do it. I know you don't want to trade him but who cares about that. If you don't accept that then I will tell you how Rielly isn't even worth that much.

so leafs fans offering JVR,Kapanen, Carrick for Tanev is equal to this hilariously garbage offer of a 3rd liner, B prospect and 2nd for a 22 year old top pairing dman? :laugh:

Vancouver doesnt have the assets to get a Matthews,Nylander,Marner or Rielly. maybe draft better?

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
so leafs fans offering JVR,Kapanen, Carrick for Tanev is equal to this hilariously garbage offer of a 3rd liner, B prospect and 2nd for a 22 year old top pairing dman? :laugh:

Vancouver doesnt have the assets to get a Matthews,Nylander,Marner or Rielly. maybe draft better?

Yeah, it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad