Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I was surprisingly hoping for JD Bunkis for some reason unknown even to me.

In saying that, congrats to Bukauskas and all, but I was hoping for someone with a bit more personality. Maybe Kyle will show a different side to him with the Podcast. Either way, I'll still give it a listen.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010

In saying that, congrats to Bukauskas and all, but I was hoping for someone with a bit more personality. Maybe Kyle will show a different side to him with the Podcast. Either way, I'll still give it a listen.
Hahaha I don’t know if anyone loves JD Bunkis more than JD Bunkis.

Reactions: wingman75

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

Every year I say this is the year I see Bukauskas finally hit puberty?

Maybe we will see it this year…..

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
So looks like Kyle Bukkakke is going to be the new co-host of the 32 thoughts podcast. Although I don't mind the podcast, it will continue to be a bit dry but that's okay.
Yeah, I just listened to some of the pod today, I was surprised to see his name. Not someone I expected.

Not sure really who I expected, but I thought it was gonna be someone who's been embedded a bit more in the game, other than an ice level reporter.

Reactions: torontoblood

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I thought it was fine. I mainly listen to 32T for insider info and insight anyway. Friedman kinda bulldozed Kyle a few times but that should disappear as time goes on and Kyle asserts himself more.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Any speculation what happens to the Jeff Marek timeslot for hockey season?

I'm curious if they move Kypreos to that slot and resurrect Hockey Central at Noon with a revolving door of characters, and do something else for the drive time show.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Any speculation what happens to the Jeff Marek timeslot for hockey season?

I'm curious if they move Kypreos to that slot and resurrect Hockey Central at Noon with a revolving door of characters, and do something else for the drive time show.
I hope they don't touch Real Kyper and Bourne, the best Leafs related show there is at the time. Maybe move the timeslot, but otherwise leave it alone.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I hope they don't touch Real Kyper and Bourne, the best Leafs related show there is at the time. Maybe move the timeslot, but otherwise leave it alone.
I would agree since I listen to it as a podcast. I don't care what time it airs, but keep the show the same.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I like Kyper and Bourne, and seeing as I only listen via Spotify makes no difference to me if they take the Noon Slot or stay as is.

If a move were to be made, hopefully the Sportsnet Brass keeps it at Two Hours. Odd how all their Baseball shows don't seem get cut down the way the Hockey themed ones do so often do. Hockey is still King in this Market after all.

Reactions: torontoblood

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
So nothing really changed, they just replaced Jeff Marek show with a generic hockey show name, which will make it easier to cycle hosts.

I just hope that the "Fan Hockey Show" won't be as anti-Leafs as Marek was, he really dismissed talking anything about the Leafs unless it was really big news.

Yeah there's Kyper & Bourne, but they only really talk Leafs for 1 hour.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Speaking of Kyper & Bourne ...

"There's reason to believe again"

giphy.gif

If you actually read the article, it's just transparently click-bait material (worked, I read it). Mostly because virtually every point he makes is laughably reaching or just plain wrong.
- "Maybe at age 30 Stolarz is ready to handle an increased workload" (huh?)
- "Willie at center will work"
- Counting on Pacioretty being a factor due to an expected hot start (he's likely going to grab a spot on the 4th line)
- Easton Cowan

Yikes.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

Dec 12, 2017
Speaking of Kyper & Bourne ...

"There's reason to believe again"

giphy.gif

If you actually read the article, it's just transparently click-bait material (worked, I read it). Mostly because virtually every point he makes is laughably reaching or just plain wrong.
- "Maybe at age 30 Stolarz is ready to handle an increased workload" (huh?)
- "Willie at center will work"
- Counting on Pacioretty being a factor due to an expected hot start (he's likely going to grab a spot on the 4th line)
- Easton Cowan

Yikes.
It’s an opinion piece, as the writer told you.

“Anyway, enough big picture stuff. Leafs camp is in full swing and I’ve got some early season thoughts and opinions, so let’s check in on where we’re at.”

Out of curiosity, what did the article try to bait you into clicking?

Reactions: wingman75 and MK78

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It’s an opinion piece, as the writer told you.

“Anyway, enough big picture stuff. Leafs camp is in full swing and I’ve got some early season thoughts and opinions, so let’s check in on where we’re at.”

Out of curiosity, what did the article try to bait you into clicking?
People taking opinion pieces as gospel has become the norm. Especially outside of sports reporting. I find it very concerning that people do not understand that they are reading someone's opinion and there is little if any fact contained there within. It's no different in reading a lot of the crackpot posts on here... Add in the fact that another opinion differs from yours and now you have an 'idiot' or 'stupid' article.

I thought it was a good article and speculated on all the things that could go right for the team this season. Nothing wrong with a little positivity to get us started... since we all know the negativity will envelop us soon (hell if you read enough on there it already has lol). And yes, I will be partaking in the pitchforking at some point.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad