GDT: Toronto @ New Jersey - Thursday 7pm

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Well after all the Hab fans looking for retribution and saying players were going to be targeted did Xhekaj even throw a hit? Both were quiet.
did you not see wifi and reeves in the second period where it looks like reeves didnt want to drop the gloves with him?? give me a break bud thats his job

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Honestly I was so surprised at how physical Paccioretty was. Caught me completely off guard. Even Tyler Bertuzzi wasn't throwing hits like this

You can also see the offensive flair is there too. He made some really sleek passes last night. His skating was strong enough too.

Im optimistic that he can be a solid player for us this season
He's winning me over. Even watching his post game last night I found him easy to listen to

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Reaves - 7:36
Kampf - 9:43
Lorentz - 9:03

Still wonder why they put money into a 4th. line, rather than go 3 lines and 2 PK's.
Seems, and I might be wrong, some player gets sympathy minutes.
A lot of money for 2 guys you can't trust to play over 10 minutes against a bottom feeder.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
I would agree if I wasn't a little bit concerned about injury risk. If it was mid-season, 3 games in 4 nights wouldn't be a concern but at the start of the season, I'm not so sure. And an injured Stolarz is the last thing we need right now which makes me particularly risk averse.
This

Well after all the Hab fans looking for retribution and saying players were going to be targeted did Xhekaj even throw a hit? Both were quiet.
X wants no part of Reaves

Reactions: Gary Nylund

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They need to just play Hildeby and accept whatever outcome. If Stolarz plays and gets injured then we’re really f***ed. Dennis looked good in pre-season, use him.

Unleashed the Hildebeast

It's time.

Keefe had a chance to start him last year on a B2B but elected not to .. be a nice opportunity for Hildeby tonight.

Also should it be Hildebeast or Dennis the Menace?

Reactions: horner

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I wonder how long Matthews/Marner will stay together. It doesn't make any sense to me after Domi had so much success with Matty. To justify putting Matthews/Marner together they basically have to be the best line in the league outside of Edmonton, otherwise it makes a lot more sense to spread the wealth. Neither of them need each other to score.

I just hate how soft Matthews plays with Marner. It is clear Marner makes whatever line he is on soft as shit. And that is not even pure Marner hate, it is just the truth. He is not banging bodies on the forecheck and he is not driving the net. So it forces his team mates to do that. When playing with Matthews and Knies, Knies is on the forecheck which means Matthews either needs to stay on the perimeter and hope to beat a goalie through traffic or go to the net and try to bang in rebounds which is not the best use of his tools.

Bert - Matthews - Domi had some major balls and forecheck game going late last season and I don't get why every coach needs to retry the same experiments.

First period of our opener in their barn needing a momentum boost? That's literally the perfect time. No instigator because X was initiating then pulled off a hit seconds later.

Jackass hoped over the boards skates a lap and tries to fight Reaves at the end of a shift after he was all over the ice. Reaves wanted to wait until he wasn't gassed to fight him.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Jackass hoped over the boards skates a lap and tries to fight Reaves at the end of a shift after he was all over the ice. Reaves wanted to wait until he wasn't gassed to fight him.
Shift timing was my thought, but the check pull up was also pretty damning. Did Reaves circle back and initiate later?

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I just hate how soft Matthews plays with Marner. It is clear Marner makes whatever line he is on soft as shit. And that is not even pure Marner hate, it is just the truth. He is not banging bodies on the forecheck and he is not driving the net. So it forces his team mates to do that. When playing with Matthews and Knies, Knies is on the forecheck which means Matthews either needs to stay on the perimeter and hope to beat a goalie through traffic or go to the net and try to bang in rebounds which is not the best use of his tools.

Bert - Matthews - Domi had some major balls and forecheck game going late last season and I don't get why every coach needs to retry the same experiments.

Yeah I really would prefer Domi back with Matthews

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Patches-Holmberg-Nylander

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
IMO McMann should go back on that line with JT-Nylander. Domi is a weird fit there, and McMann had really good chemistry with them last year plus his style of play is very complementary to JT/Willy.

Having two playmakers is a bit of a waste

Shame McMann had a subpar preseason .. hopefully he can get going

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yeah I really would prefer Domi back with Matthews

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Patches-Holmberg-Nylander

Interesting top 9. Could work. I like Robertson playing with Marner feel that could give us some depth scoring. Last night it felt like no one could get Robertson the puck in a spot he had a clean shot like in the pre-season. Some of that is on Nick to find those chances but I still think if we put him in situations to score, he will score.

I disliked that he wasn't on the ice at all in the final 3 minutes when we needed a goal. Our big boys hadn't scored all night, why not let Nick replace someone? Instead I saw Patches out there replacing someone which no offense to him, I think Robertson is better.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
IMO McMann should go back on that line with JT-Nylander. Domi is a weird fit there, and McMann had really good chemistry with them last year plus his style of play is very complementary to JT/Willy.
I don't like McMann-JT-Willy, mainly because McMann and JT both have tunnelvision.

Meaning you have your 2nd best goal scorer with 2 guys who can't make a play.

Ideally I'd have JT with a pure passer (Marner or Domi) and a heavy forchecker.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Interesting top 9. Could work. I like Robertson playing with Marner feel that could give us some depth scoring. Last night it felt like no one could get Robertson the puck in a spot he had a clean shot like in the pre-season. Some of that is on Nick to find those chances but I still think if we put him in situations to score, he will score.

I disliked that he wasn't on the ice at all in the final 3 minutes when we needed a goal. Our big boys hadn't scored all night, why not let Nick replace someone? Instead I saw Patches out there replacing someone which no offense to him, I think Robertson is better.

In theory I’d agree, but it seemed like they had Patches in front of the net. I think he is more effective probably in tight like that than Robertson would be.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
For betting purposes, have they announced the lineups and whether Nylander will actually try tonight?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
  • Haha
Reactions: ACC1224 and ULF_55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad